Wiki Posts
Search

Has EtihadHelp actually helped?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 10:31 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear Guest,

We have checked your previous retro claims with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the late response.

Please allow us some time and we will need to check it out with our Etihad Guest team if your claim has been processed. As you claimed miles on other airlines, Etihad is waiting for the confirmation from them to credit your miles in the account.

Thank you for your understanding again. *JS
Etihad excels in giving prompt replies and providing emails of social media or other channels. And that's the end....Absolutely nothing after that because eventually its transferred back to guest services. I,ve dealt with so many carriers and partners airlines on other FFPs and have never seen anything like this ...I,m just failing to understand where exactly is the issue with EY that even 6 months down the line they are yet to solve the matter for their customers!!
Old May 29, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Oh, such a tale of woe here; such a shame! Sounds like you'd have to be a bit of a Jock to have the stamina to last it out

I'm hoping my recent Gold status match wasn't in vain.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
All of my missing miles have now posted from my nov/dec flights and those of my wife and 3 kids.
Thanks EtihadHelp for chasing this down.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
While it is clear EtihadHelp isn't really empowered to do anything other than direct you contact them, there does seem to be one rep, *JP, who does appear to read your issue and respond with an answer relating to your issue. While my issue/question is still unresolved, I'd feel more confidence is the other agents came back with answers like *JP's.

EtihadHelp could learn a thing or two from how Starwood Lurkers operate in their section of the forum.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:28 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by danohio
While it is clear EtihadHelp isn't really empowered to do anything other than direct you contact them, there does seem to be one rep, *JP, who does appear to read your issue and respond with an answer relating to your issue. While my issue/question is still unresolved, I'd feel more confidence is the other agents came back with answers like *JP's.

EtihadHelp could learn a thing or two from how Starwood Lurkers operate in their section of the forum.
Dear Danohio,

Sorry for the late response.

We have a social media team and we are all here at your service.

As you have mentioned that your issue is still unsolved. Can you please clarify your query so we can assist you in due course.

We look forward to hearing for you soon.

Thank you. *JS
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:16 am

The theme on FT is that EtihadHelp is a bot, but I'm starting to think their entire company is. I received this text message earlier:
Flight EY12, scheduled to leave LHR on Aug 26, 2015 at 09:30AM, has been changed.
Your new flight is EY12, departing LHR on Aug 26, 2015 at 09:30AM.

Thanks. For. That.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Probably an equipment swap.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
Probably an equipment swap.
Swap on EY12 is OUCH.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:14 pm

I think EtihadHelp is a robot, does what its told by the company but no help to others.

EtihadHelp, check your inbox, i sent you a pm at the weekend seeking help and you have not replied.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
yes etihadhelp certainly is a robot
I sent a request to them 2 weeks back. No response. I think messages just get forwarded to the usual channels.

I have sent another email today about missing miles. Also told them its the final chance to resolve before i cc <redacted>

i found last time i cc'd their CEO i had a phone call and 2 emails within 12 hrs and the matter was resolved.

Its a shame this is the only way to get a quick response. But now am only prepared to send 2 emails before escalation.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 10, 2015 at 10:27 pm Reason: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#privacy
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: Emirates, Etihad
I used etihad help through the email [email protected] and to be fair the response to my query was quick although the reply below although technically correct was quite disconcerting.

"We are really sorry for the misleading information from Etihad.

We have changed our Chauffeur Service policy since last year. As you can see from the T&C under 'Booking Chauffeur' page. The special fare class is not entitled for the service currently.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this and we believe you can still experience one of the best inflight experience with us."

But at least i am clear on their position. With this and the changes to the guest programme I will now try other carrier's which is something i have not been bothered to try before.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by sigram

But at least i am clear on their position. With this and the changes to the guest programme I will now try other carrier's which is something i have not been bothered to try before.

I wonder how many others have taken the same decision as we have as a result of these decisions
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
EtihadHelp has, in my eyes, damaged Etihad's reputation, and continues to chip away at this with every intervention.

Etihad clearly are at the bottom of the scale when it comes to cumstomer complaint handling. For all those who profess a love for Etihad - I used to be one, too! - just keep praying that you continue to have no need to rely on them to sort out any problems that you may encounter. And not even big, challenging problems - just the normal day-to-day stuff that any airline should be expected to cope with with minimum fuss and delay.

I used to love Etihad. Certainly, the lounges, and the service in the air are generally excellent. But when you need the airline or the FFP to sort out an issue for you, it's as if you're dealing with a different entity. Even Ryanair, before its new customer-friendly incarnation, would be embarrassed by the standard of handling of customer complaints and issues.

And it is made all the more galling knowing that there is a team of "helpers" posting here from the EtihadHelp account when they are actually doing little or nothing to "help", and knowing that there are thousands of issues and tickets stacked up on their desk, dating back several months, which they clearly are ignoring in order to waste their time and ours with their posts here on FT.

Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by irishguy28
EtihadHelp has, in my eyes, damaged Etihad's reputation, and continues to chip away at this with every intervention.

Etihad clearly are at the bottom of the scale when it comes to cumstomer complaint handling. For all those who profess a love for Etihad - I used to be one, too! - just keep praying that you continue to have no need to rely on them to sort out any problems that you may encounter. And not even big, challenging problems - just the normal day-to-day stuff that any airline should be expected to cope with with minimum fuss and delay.

I used to love Etihad. Certainly, the lounges, and the service in the air are generally excellent. But when you need the airline or the FFP to sort out an issue for you, it's as if you're dealing with a different entity. Even Ryanair, before its new customer-friendly incarnation, would be embarrassed by the standard of handling of customer complaints and issues.

And it is made all the more galling knowing that there is a team of "helpers" posting here from the EtihadHelp account when they are actually doing little or nothing to "help", and knowing that there are thousands of issues and tickets stacked up on their desk, dating back several months, which they clearly are ignoring in order to waste their time and ours with their posts here on FT.

It's not just with complaints. I wrote with a suggestion to improve an area of their delivery and the first reply was about something completely different(and not an issue I have ever raised with them) and it was clear that they had not even bothered to read what I had suggested.

I resent it and 10 days later asked for some feedback and i got back the standard letter including the sentence

The feedback outlined in your e-mail message is invaluable to us and will be conveyed to our Etihad Guest department for their review.

Now had they said that it had already been forwarded for consideration at least I might have felt something had been done
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:17 am

Having started to read this forum as I've some EY flights coming up later this year, I've wondered the same. It's the same as with other airlines having some clueless interns "taking care" their Facebook websites: It's contra productive..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.