Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
They have also added a caveat on the gold and gold elite benefits to cover the non availability of the chauffeur on promotional fares
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: Many but loyal to none
Originally Posted by skunker
Not the fare rules I've seen, including the one I posted up thread. They do NOT include Z.
I did a dummy booking yesterday and again today and when I clicked fare rules it is still saying exactly what mjmal51 and I previously posted.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2rdgnjb.png

I'm not saying you aren't correct and they haven't changed their rules, but if I booked and they refused to honour the fare rules stated above at the time of booking then I doubt they would have a leg to stand on if I asked for a refund. Unless I'm missing something???

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 12, 2014 at 1:59 pm Reason: Oversized image converted to link
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
The one I posted up thread and the currently discussed NRT-CMB fare (in the premium forum) are two that do not have Z mentioned.

By the way when you look up MAN-BKK on expertflyer the Z fares do NOT (repeat do NOT) mention Z for limo.
If you don't have EF or KVS to pull up fares you can see them on ITA. Go all the way to the bottom.

Last edited by skunker; Nov 9, 2014 at 9:13 pm
Old Nov 9, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Redemption Bookings - Chauffeur Drive?

Originally Posted by NoY
Redemption bookings affected?
I was also curious about this so I e-mailed the social media team and got the following response:

Thank you for your email.

We kindly advise you to visit the website here: http://bit.ly/1bZhimA to see more details about the Terms and conditions.

Etihad Chauffeur service is available to the following guests:
1. Guests holding tickets with confirmed reservations in First or Business Class.
2. Etihad Chauffeur is available to Etihad Guest members redeeming their miles on First and Business class.
3. Guests travelling on Etihad Airways operated flights (although holding other airline tickets), are eligible for Etihad Chauffeur service.
Please feel free to let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Online Community Officer

While I am grateful for the swift response, I am still a little skeptical given the lack of detail and other responses posted here.

Work-Shy
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: United Plat and falling
Just one more data point - I had a previously booked z-class reservation that I had to make a change to today (nov 12) and I was able to book chauffeur service on-line, but when the flight confirmation came through it read: "LIMO NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS RBD"
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Not applicable on promotional fares (including Z RBD).

I understand the Z fare class of business, but RBD? Does anyone know what this means?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I have just found this on the Internet, so have answered my own question. We live and learn....
http://www.atpco.net/atpco/products/rbd_dc.shtml
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:12 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
I was also curious about this so I e-mailed the social media team and got the following response:

We kindly advise you to visit the website here: http://bit.ly/1bZhimA to see more details about the Terms and conditions.

1. Guests holding tickets with confirmed reservations in First or Business Class.
2. Etihad Chauffeur is available to Etihad Guest members redeeming their miles on First and Business class.
3. Guests travelling on Etihad Airways operated flights (although holding other airline tickets), are eligible for Etihad Chauffeur service.

Online Community Officer

While I am grateful for the swift response, I am still a little skeptical given the lack of detail and other responses posted here.

Work-Shy
Good to know, although as you say, skeptical indeed! In this part of the world NOTHING is quite what it seems....
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: Many but loyal to none
Just done another dummy booking and now the fare rules box does state clearly
which class can have a limo and Z is no longer one of them. Looks like I won't be flying Etihad very often from now
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by tafer2uk
Just done another dummy booking and now the fare rules box does state clearly
which class can have a limo and Z is no longer one of them. Looks like I won't be flying Etihad very often from now
+1, the only problem is that I do like the privacy of J window seats and the fact that in all of J you do not need to climb over anybody for aisle access.
From what I have seen my alternatives Emirates and Qatar do not have this feature.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I would not say that the information about restrictions is clear as you go through the booking system although it is true that it is about half way down the rules. However what I find very annoying is that Etihad have slipped this in and failed to inform their regular travelers of this fact relying instead on simply making a few changes to their web pages which most regular travelers would never notice.

I am sure there are going to be some very upset silver/gold and elite card holders who will have made a booking fully expecting as normal the chauffeur and then find that there is no chauffeur service.

I really enjoy flying with Etihad the service is excellent and I too like the seat layout but like tafer2uk I will be flying far less with Etihad as the chauffeur service to Manchester is make or break to me. A great shame because Etihad had won my loyalty and I was very happy to recommend them to others and now with a slight of hand they have directed me to the services of Qatar or Emirates.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Work-Shy

Online Community Officer

Work-Shy
Any word on whether people redeeming AA miles for etihad First/Business are eligible for the service ? (as opposed to redeeming etihad miles)
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by tangey
Any word on whether people redeeming AA miles for etihad First/Business are eligible for the service ? (as opposed to redeeming etihad miles)
I just had an AA redemption booking re-issued due to an AA schedule change and my car is still showing confirmed. I also called EY and they confirmed it over the phone as well.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:31 pm

From my experience in award F travel, Etihad driver service is definitely available for those traveling on American issued tickets (meaning AA award travel). The promotional hotel stays for business and first class are not available, but sometimes if you ask, they do it anyway.

One point of possible confusion is that even after American has given you the American record locator and also the Etihad record locator, it takes a few days before the accounting is settled between the carriers, and until that happens, you can't book the driver services.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:21 am

So it sounds like people who redeem AA miles in J class are still eligible? Just not Z fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.