Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Removal of chauffeur service for some business class passengers

Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:05 am

United Arab Emirates to Australia eg. AUH-SYD.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
When trying to book chauffeur service, I see the following message
Unable to connect to booking reference service

It worked earlier this week, should I start worrying?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I raised this thread and still very annoyed at the way this was sneaked in

As I also said that this was a great way for Etihad to loose previously loyal customers (I have a gold card) and I have just booked my next trip with Qatar because the chauffeur was crucial for any early morning flight out of Manchester for me (Qatar leave at 13.55) and I certainly did not want to arrive in Bangkok in the evening. I would certainly have flown with Etihad had the chauffeur service still been in place

Any one else deserting Etihad?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Does anyone know how mixed (fare) class bookings work? Looking at flights which are W in the way out to MNL but Z on the return from BKK. MNL doesn't have chauffeur service anyway but wondered if I could get it from bangkok given that the booking isn't an entirely Z booking?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by stijnec
When trying to book chauffeur service, I see the following message
Unable to connect to booking reference service

It worked earlier this week, should I start worrying?
For what class booking?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by amnicoll
I raised this thread and still very annoyed at the way this was sneaked in

As I also said that this was a great way for Etihad to loose previously loyal customers (I have a gold card) and I have just booked my next trip with Qatar because the chauffeur was crucial for any early morning flight out of Manchester for me (Qatar leave at 13.55) and I certainly did not want to arrive in Bangkok in the evening. I would certainly have flown with Etihad had the chauffeur service still been in place

Seriously? It is one thing to be a bit annoyed; it's another to make an expensive purchase decision based on a cheap freebie. It's like not buying a pearl necklace because they aren't giving you a free plastic toy with it.

There are other ways to get to MAN early in the morning. The cost is negligible compared to the price of a J/F ticket.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
For what class booking?
Not sure, where can I find? I booked in the current sale
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Seriously? It is one thing to be a bit annoyed; it's another to make an expensive purchase decision based on a cheap freebie. It's like not buying a pearl necklace because they aren't giving you a free plastic toy with it.

There are other ways to get to MAN early in the morning. The cost is negligible compared to the price of a J/F ticket.
From where I live public transport is not an option for the morning flight and I really do not want the worry of wondering if the taxi will turn up. With the Chauffeur service I know the whole trip is Etihad and if there is a problem Etihad will sort it out. Both Qatar and Emirates offer excellent products as alternatives
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pogonation
Does anyone know how mixed (fare) class bookings work? Looking at flights which are W in the way out to MNL but Z on the return from BKK. MNL doesn't have chauffeur service anyway but wondered if I could get it from bangkok given that the booking isn't an entirely Z booking?
My understanding is that the service is available for the legs in "W" and not the legs in "Z" so the answer is probably no they will not transfer the use to your Bangkok leg
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:50 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

Many pax do choose a carrier based on the availability of Chauffeur Drive.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:11 am

I bought the cheap AUH-GRU Z class fares before they've changed the rules on the eligibility of the chauffer service. I was able to book online the chauffer a week before the flight only to realise they've cancelled the chauffer with NO correspondence. I only found out the day before the flight when double checking my chauffer services. Called Etihad and explained to them how my ticket was supposed to be governed by old rules but it didn't work out. Anyway was still happy with my £550 J class return to GRU so I paid for a taxi instead
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:22 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Dear Guest,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please email us your booking reference and feedback on [email protected] if you would like to lodge a formal complaint with us.

Thank you. *JS
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: Many but loyal to none
Originally Posted by amnicoll
Yes and no for me. I am travelling to BKK in May and would probably have gone with them had they still being doing the chauffuer on Z fares.

However I have just picked up flights AMS-BKK with Etihad for £915 return in J for December, the price was too good to resist.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: Many but loyal to none

I couldn't disagree with you more. If I can get Qatar for £1700, Etihad for £1800 and Emirates for £1900 why would I pick Etihad?

If I can live without the chauffuer I'm going to pick Qatar and save £100, if I can't then I'm going to choose Emirates.

Bear in mind that a return taxi fare for someone living 70 miles from Manchester isn't going to consider an extra £150-£200 negligible
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: UAmm, Hyatt Plat,Marriott Gold, AA EXP
Do first class bookings made with AA miles still get chauffeur service? I used the Etihad insider @etihad.ae and only got a response linking to the terms page on the Etihad website which does not seem clear to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.