Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad guest miles expiry

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
I completed my first flights with Etihad this July, but my account shows that they will expire July 31st 2016. Thus just one year from travelling.

Was there a change in the policy or is this a mistake?

Also, I will be turning Silver (and probably gold) later this year, are the miles already earned before reching silver extended to 2.5 years or will they still expire within one your?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:02 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi Flauschie_Mr,

Kindly note that Etihad Guest Miles are valid for 2 years from the date they are earned for Etihad Guest Members. If it's showing 1 year in your account, kindly send your Etihad Guest number to have a look and advise you accordingly about the both questions. *ES

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
I completed my first flights with Etihad this July, but my account shows that they will expire July 31st 2016. Thus just one year from travelling.

Was there a change in the policy or is this a mistake?

Also, I will be turning Silver (and probably gold) later this year, are the miles already earned before reching silver extended to 2.5 years or will they still expire within one your?
Old May 28, 2016, 7:28 am

Does the 2-year expiry also apply to EY miles obtained through credit card conversions?
I have heard stories where EY miles obtained through cc conversions had 1 year expiry dates, and I'm wondering if those miles should have had 2-year expiry dates, or if converted miles are treated differently.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: Abu Dhabi
hi dear all,

could you kindly any one let me know , how to reimburse or get back recently expired ettihad miles which even not used and just from account expired ??
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Not possible.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Irish Guy, how'd you get that screen ? all I get is the following
Attached Images  
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Same question here - I have the same screen as Dogmatick.

Further, what happens if my miles are 2.5 years old and I'm currently Gold, but won't renew at the end of this year? Does the expiry date suddenly shorted if I don't renew the Gold Tier?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Hi, can anyone advise what happens to Etihad miles used to book award travel (with partner if that matters) just before expiry. If ticket is cancelled are those miles lost or redeposited to use again?

I thought they would be lost, and have read that in a number of places on flyertalk. I called in to check about this though and have been told they would go back into account (after 2000 miles deducted as penalty). They would not expire as they have been "used" before expiry. Has anyone done this and can confirm what happens? I would like to to trust call center agents on this, but have had problems with this type of thing before!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Etihad Makes Changes To Miles Expiry (Now Expire After 18 Months Of No Activity, Rather Than Automatically At 24 Months) (DoC)

Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And separate EY thread here:-- Change to miles expiry policy (Nov ‘19)
sdsearch likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 1:28 pm

Exclamation Etihad Policy Did Not Change in Nov '19

As of right now there is NO new policy for Etihad mile expiration. I just received an email confirmation from Etihad that they were discussing a future change in the policy. Absolutely nothing happened in Nov'19 according to the airline. Etihad's statements are consistent with the published T&C on their website. Apparently the bloggers involved in this fiasco reported gossip as fact, without bothering to check.
For now the Wiki post should be changed back to reflect the policy currently in effect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.