Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

AUH business class lounge - advice please

Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards

Hi,
I have booked (business class) flights for September, which give me a couple of hours in AUH airport (19.40 - 21.50).

I've read that the lounge can get busy, how likely is it to be busy at these times? Is there currently just the one lounge that business class passengers (without status) can use?

Any tips on the lounge(s) would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:21 am

The J lounge gets very crowded from like 7-11am, and from around 1030pm-1am, cuz thats when most of the mid/long haul departures/arrivals are banked at AUH.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: EY Gold - CX Silver
You can use the lounge in terminal 1 or the one in terminal 3. I have no idea if one gets busier than the other, as far as I experienced, they are both very busy nowadays. I usually use the one closest to my departure gate. You are arriving at the beginning of the evening rush, so shouldn't be too bad but it will be busy nevertheless.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Great - thanks for the help
Old Aug 16, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: VA - Platinum
Slightly off topic - but I thought the opening of a new EY lounge in AUH was imminent?

Does anyone know if it has opened, or if they have confirmed an opening date?

The lounge is definitely a bit of squeeze… but the new lounge should fix that problem.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: EY Gold - CX Silver
I was in the J lounge last week and asked a few staff members, nobody seems to know an opening date so I figure it is not that imminent.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: VA - Platinum
Thanks janbrubel... I will be passing through AUH in November, so I will hope for the best, but I won't hold my breath.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:04 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Each time I have been through, the lounge has always been stuffed full. The exception to this was the one time I was stuck in an IRROPS situation and was in the lounge until 4 AM.

What it doesn't have in seating, it makes up for in food offerings and champagne from the bar My humble opinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.