Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Can someone please share an email for someone empowered in EY?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can someone please share an email for someone empowered in EY?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:23 am
v70

Try contacting [email protected] like janbrubel proposed. In the past I could rearrange my seating 2 days in advance to 7EF on a 777 2 class via the social media team
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
I fly PAID First on EK very often, and when only blocked window seats are left, I call and request to be put in to them, saying I will move if asked. Being platinum is probably the reason they agree, but even for me, i have to convince them. You have no status with EY, what makes you think they will just open them up for you because you think you deserve them more then anyone else who is in paid J on your flight who might want to sit together? Especially someone with status?
Believe it or not, you are not the only paid passengers in that cabin.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:36 pm

*sniff* What's that I smell? Is it a stinking heap of DYKWIA?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Originally Posted by stargold
*sniff* What's that I smell? Is it a stinking heap of DYKWIA?
DYKWIA: The thread.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:28 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Blocked seats are on almost every airline. How this seems to escape you, I don't know.

VA is not part of any alliance. They have a relationship with EY, who are also unaffiliated with any alliance.

Priority seating or the unblocking of seats is now a published benefit for VA Platinum on EY.

I've only ever flown F on EY long haul, and only on J when the aircraft is subbed and those rows you refer to I have seen used for op ups or pax requiring assistance.

You are not an elite with EY, there are lots of paying J and F pax so man up and move on.

I for one would never give you a senior contact's details, and I have many.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
those rows you refer to I have seen used for op ups or pax requiring assistance.

You are not an elite with EY
Well we are Elites now as they kindly status matched us. Thank goodness. Getting any helpful assistance from FT'ers was proving pretty futile.

Luckily someone sane in there felt it worthwhile to allocate those seats in advance to paying Biz pax, and not to upgraders on the day. @:-)
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Getting any helpful assistance from FT'ers was proving pretty futile.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:40 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0hamed

those rows you refer to I have seen used for op ups or pax requiring assistance.

You are not an elite with EY

Well we are Elites now as they kindly status matched us. Thank goodness. Getting any helpful assistance from FT'ers was proving pretty futile.

Luckily someone sane in there felt it worthwhile to allocate those seats in advance to paying Biz pax, and not to upgraders on the day.

Excellent, presumably the status match came after you informed them who you were as clearly they did not know this in the beginning of this saga
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:25 am

Luckily someone sane in there felt it worthwhile to allocate those seats in advance to paying Biz pax, and not to upgraders on the day. @:-)
No doubt you were becoming such a pain in their backside that it was easier for them to do what you want just to get rid of you.

The strategy does often work, but that's really not how I want to live my life. Your mileage may vary.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
No doubt you were becoming such a pain in their backside that it was easier for them to do what you want just to get rid of you.

The strategy does often work, but that's really not how I want to live my life. Your mileage may vary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.