Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

new first class, business & arrival lounges for Abu Dhabi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold

Happened to stumble upon this article

http://www.ausbt.com.au/etihad-new-f...-for-abu-dhabi

Did anybody hear anything else about this? Does this maybe mean doing away with the Al Reem Lounge for Golds?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:29 am

AUH arrival lounge

The arrival lounge at AUH is almost ready, its been under works for the past months and seems finalized however not opened yet

Access will be more or less where Etihad chauffeur's "hidden access door" is today ; that is: after immigration, luggage collection & customs, stick to the left instead of going down the stairs or elevator to the public arrival area

This access door is actually in a landside public area, you can visit it in the corridor linking T1 to T3

No info about new first & business class lounges ; what is sure is that not a single work has yet started in the existing F & C lounges at T3
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: EY Gold - CX Silver
They are already promoting the new arrivals lounge, figured that would open first but it seems they have a new business class lounge ready to open before that?

Last few times I used the T3 business lounge I had to sit at a computer desk because the lounge was so overcrowded. More capacity is long overdue. Can't possibly imagine where this new lounge will be located though.

Al Reem is currently closed for renovation. Gold (and silver) guests get access to the Al Dhabi during the renovation. A much better deal if you ask me, at least Al Dhabi has space and decent shower facilities.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Originally Posted by janbrubel
Can't possibly imagine where this new lounge will be located though.
New J lounge is down by the bus gates in T3. There was another thread similar to this a while ago.
Disappointed there has been no new developments since James Hogan talked about it on the sidelines of the A380 unveiling...hurry up Etihad!!!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:10 pm

Al Reem is currently closed for renovation. Gold (and silver) guests get access to the Al Dhabi during the renovation. A much better deal if you ask me, at least Al Dhabi has space and decent shower facilities.

Yeah, I agree with that. Was a little confusing to find the lounge boarded up when we passed through at the end of May but nice to find shower rooms open and available when we arrived at the Al Dhabi lounge.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
To save me searching, which terminal is that in and whereabouts?
Thank you.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dogsrock
To save me searching, which terminal is that in and whereabouts?
Thank you.
Terminal 1. if you walk towards the al reem lounge, just continue and walk straight. take the elevator or the stairs to the second floor
Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:49 pm

Will all these lounges be possibly be complete by the end of the year?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Arrivals lounge still not open yesterday (2 July) despite being mentioned in the new onboard video showing arrivals and transfer procedures for AUH.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:34 pm

Sitting in the J lounge in terminal 3 right now. None of the staff members I asked have a clue when the new J lounge will open up so am guessing it won't be in the next few weeks.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:43 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Hello,

I have 2 F seats and 1 J for IAD > AUH and then AUH > SEZ in J, however there is a 36 hour layover rather than a 12 hour layover. Will I be able to access the F lounge as a transit customer in this case?

I'd really like to see it. Last time when we were in transit to MLE, with a 12 hour layover they denied us access since we were flying out J (flew in F) and didn't keep our F airline tickets with us. I did not feel that was right at the time.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Any ideas when the new F lounge at AUH will be ready ?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
Hello,

I have 2 F seats and 1 J for IAD > AUH and then AUH > SEZ in J, however there is a 36 hour layover rather than a 12 hour layover. Will I be able to access the F lounge as a transit customer in this case?

I'd really like to see it. Last time when we were in transit to MLE, with a 12 hour layover they denied us access since we were flying out J (flew in F) and didn't keep our F airline tickets with us. I did not feel that was right at the time.
Normally you don't get access to the F lounge. You could try showing your ticket, proving you booked F but technically the lounge is reserved for passengers flying out on F flights. Unfortunately you'll depend on the goodwill of the lounge staff.

With that kind of long layover you could use their complimentary stopover thing: http://www.etihad.com/en-gb/plan-and...ium-stopovers/.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Wow, this thread could be dropped into one of the Qatar threads about Hamad airport lounges and almost totally seem to belong there.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:47 pm

Any chance that the F lounge will be done by the end of 2014?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.