Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

new first class, business & arrival lounges for Abu Dhabi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new first class, business & arrival lounges for Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; Marriott Silver
Is there a fitness facility in Business Lounge? I have a 10 hr layover, trying to see what is the best way to spend time at the airport. Don't really want to spend time/money to get visa and visit the city.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: EY Platinum, Accor Platinum,Club Carlson Gold, HH Silver
10 hours in the airport, you will be bored. There is not much to do in the airport or lounge. eat and watch tv. Maybe they have a fitness room in the airport hotel you can use.

Anyway Yas Island is really close to the airport, lots of things to do there.

Last edited by Nikolai1; Nov 15, 2014 at 1:19 pm
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:26 pm

Does anyone know hours of the arrival lounge?

Like pmat2009, I have a fitness idea: Leave bags in arrivals lounge, go jogging outside (there's always someplace where this is doable), then come back, get bags, take shower in arrivals lounge, and proceed to departure lounge and connecting flight. I've done this from AA and BA arrivals lounges at LHR. Works fine.

I'll be well-rested given nice flights in premium cabins. But notably all this will be in the middle of the night. I guess my plan relies on the lounge being open 24 hours a day.

BTW anyone with similar running-at-the-airport predilections may enjoy my web page with tips and itineraries: http://www.benedelman.org/travel/running/
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; Marriott Silver
Nikolai1, bedelman, Thanks for you inputs.

I like the idea of running/exploring Yas Island area. But can't do either due to visa requirements. Maybe I should try to get a good sleep in of the snooze rooms.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:25 pm

Report from visit to the arrivals lounge today: It is indeed open 24 hours. For runners: They will store luggage and didn't object to me leaving it in the lounge while jogging outside.

Shave was very very nice. Attendant said they'll soon have a shave facility inside one or more departure lounges, and he says that one will offer haircuts as well as shaves.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Does anyone know when the new T3 F lounge will open ?

I was hoping in time for the 388 launch on dec 27th but I've more recently heard that the target opening date is April.

Does anyone have any upto date info on when the lounge is scheduled to open ?

I'm planning a trip solely to check out new F cabins and lounges and these include SYD QF F lounge, EY 388 Apartment, QR 388 F, Al-Safwa F lounge, and AUH F lounge so want to make sure everything is open/operational before locking things in. I thought that Al-Safwa would be the last to open but now it looks like AUH may be an even longer wait. Second half of next year should be a safe bet ?

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:26 am

For anyone else who wants to go running from the AUH arrivals lounge, I have added this to my running around airports page. Scroll down to AUH for details.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:34 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Nizar
Does anyone know when the new T3 F lounge will open ?
Etihad says it will open in April 2015

http://www.etihad.com/en-gb/experien...class-lounges/ (scroll down)
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat CK 4.0M+; Delta DM; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist
All,

a couple of questions as it relates to the lounges at AUH.

We are flying JFK to AUH and then to MLE in December. There are 3 of us in the party.

On the JFK to AUH, 2 of us are in F and the 3rd person is in J. On the AUH to MLE, 2 of us are in J and the 3rd person is in Y.

The JFK flight lands around 1930 and the flight to MLE is at 0930 the next morning.

1) Are the lounges open 24 hours? Given the lenght of the layover, I was debating between whether to just stay in the lounge or to get a hotel nearby for the night

2) given the mix between F and J and J and Y on the flights, which lounge would we have access to?

thanks in advance for your help!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
I have spent a night recently in the airport hotel arriving and leaving at exactly the same time . Price for a double prepaid with the facility for a third person already there is about 64 Euros . Although the new C-lounge is a masterpiece I would never spend all night there .

Time between touchdown and checkin is 1 hour which includes 30 minutes queue at immigration , they have a reasonable restaurant and a bar . I will in future always stay in the hotel when travelling Eastbound instead of taking the next plane around midnight .
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat CK 4.0M+; Delta DM; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist
thanks Somkiat.

Would welcome any other perspectives as well!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ, Air NZ
Sorry to bring up an old thread but have a specific question.

I am flying J from BNE-AUH and then Y from AUH-IST. I have no status with EY but would love to have a shower after the long flight. I have a 3-hour window between flights.

Even though I am in transit is there time to go to the Arrivals Lounge and will I be let in coming off a J flight? I won't have access to any lounge in the terminals FOC so I am hoping that I have enough time to use the Arrivals and then go back in to catch my next flight.

I have an Australian passport so no issues with entry visas.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:23 am

Is the lounge open 24 hours?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer
Sorry to bring up an old thread but have a specific question.

I am flying J from BNE-AUH and then Y from AUH-IST. I have no status with EY but would love to have a shower after the long flight. I have a 3-hour window between flights.

Even though I am in transit is there time to go to the Arrivals Lounge and will I be let in coming off a J flight? I won't have access to any lounge in the terminals FOC so I am hoping that I have enough time to use the Arrivals and then go back in to catch my next flight.

I have an Australian passport so no issues with entry visas.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
As long as incoming flight is on time you have plenty of time for a quick shower!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
Is the lounge open 24 hours?
Turns out it is, but I guess most of the EY regulars will already know that.

With regards to the arrivals lounge, is there a maximum stay time enforced? I've never needed to use it before but may have a long layover coming up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.