Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

new first class, business & arrival lounges for Abu Dhabi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new first class, business & arrival lounges for Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:53 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Sounds like a made-up rule on the spot, instead of saying don't know.
I suspect you are right. Initially he said I couldn't use the Arrivals Lounge at all if I wanted chauffeur service. When I pushed a bit he had his offline conversation, then told me 40 minutes. It makes no sense for it to be an either/or choice, and I am sure it will work out on the day.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: EtihadGuest
Sure you can use the arrival lounge and once your done you can head to the limo pick up .. don't worry about the phone agent
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
does anyone know the opening times of the new arrival lounge?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: NZ*G, BAEC Gold
Lounge update

Hi all,

First time poster in this forum but thought I would add a quick data point. Passing through AUH at the moment. Can confirm that the new T3 J lounge opened yesterday. It is much larger than the previous one, complete with 6 senses spa and apparently a nail salon (yet to open). It's located near gate 35.

Unfortunately the old lounge area (including the first lounge) is closed for renovations and all F pax are being directed to the J lounge. Apparently the new F lounge will open "in the next 2 months". The new lounge is certainly welcomed but it is a shame there is no F lounge for the time being.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
So the plan is for two J lounges in T3? how does the new lounge compare to the old lounge apart from size? any photos???
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
And again my standard question: Will Gold/ Silver member receive access as well? Would be great if you could ask, just in car you are still there. Will arrive in AUH in 7 hrs and would like to visit the lounge. Could post some photos when I can enter
Old Sep 9, 2014, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by irish mark
So the plan is for two J lounges in T3? how does the new lounge compare to the old lounge apart from size? any photos???
No The Old First/business Lounge will be joined to make it all as First class Lounge.

The New Lounge witch can seat up 500 pax will be for business class

I wonder too if its going to be available for Gold/Sliver ?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by TurkyUAE
No The Old First/business Lounge will be joined to make it all as First class Lounge.

The New Lounge witch can seat up 500 pax will be for business class

I wonder too if its going to be available for Gold/Sliver ?
The old First/business will be the new First class lounge? Do you mean just the space will be the new first class lounge? So it sounds like they are gutting the current amenities and installing everything new in there. 2 months seems pretty fast though. Anyone know what will be on offer in the new F lounge? Curious to see how it will compare to other premium F lounges.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
Will Gold/ Silver member receive access as well?
My guess is no! As the lounge is pretty small..but would love to be proved wrong, I look forward to hearing if you were able to charm your way into the place!
On another note, Gold members were sent to Al Reem lounge a few years ago because of space issues in the J lounge! I hope this is rectified and access to proper EY LOUNGE is restored!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Didn't made it into the lounge. They sent me to the al dhabi lounge in t1.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
I has not been flying EY for few month, so an update is appreciated. When I was flying it, there was a smallish F lounge in one terminal and the F lounge in the other terminal was closed and being made up into a giant J lounge, I recall.
So it was often quite a walk to get to the other terminal F lounge.

But from what I'm reading above, it looks like there is no F lounge in any of the terminals in AUH at the moment ?

I am about to fly again this joke of an airline in a week time and have few hours to connect in AUH.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
The old First/business will be the new First class lounge? Do you mean just the space will be the new first class lounge?
Yes it will be combined into one footprint to make the new Etihad Flagship First Class Lounge.

As far As I Know the new business class lounge can host 500 guests at one time with 3 hot buffet stations and coffee/snacks stations also around the lounge.

it will be great if anyone can share with us photos of the new business lounge
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
A couple of questions (flying Friday AB J TXL-AUH and returning EY F):

- can the arrivals lounge be used by Air Berlin passengers?
- is there an F lounge currently open? Is it the new one? If not, are F passengers just told to use J lounge?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: EK Silver, , ba exec club gold. Thai Air Silver, SPG - Gold.Etihad gold
New j lounge - still too few showers

I was in the new combined F and J lounge in T3 on Tuesday evening. Had I been in F class I would have been disappointed. It feels like a business class lounge only. There is still a paucity of showers. There re two male toilet areas each with one shower room plus two shower rooms in the spa. However, on Tuesday one shower room in the spa was out of commission. In the first toilet area I tried, of the two washbasins, only one was working. Getting a shower and shave took me a long time.

Getting a drink was a lesson in patience as the barman struggled to serve all customers.

Bigger than the old J class lounge which is a great but
still with room for improvement.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:56 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by colcol
I was in the new combined F and J lounge in T3 on Tuesday evening. Had I been in F class I would have been disappointed. It feels like a business class lounge only. There is still a paucity of showers. There re two male toilet areas each with one shower room plus two shower rooms in the spa. However, on Tuesday one shower room in the spa was out of commission. In the first toilet area I tried, of the two washbasins, only one was working. Getting a shower and shave took me a long time.

Getting a drink was a lesson in patience as the barman struggled to serve all customers.

Bigger than the old J class lounge which is a great but
still with room for improvement.
Frustrating the that EY cannot get the lounge experience right at AUH. Everything else about them hits the spot for me.....except this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.