Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Chauffeur Service - Pick Up

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:32 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by curiousGal
Do we pay cash to the driver or can it be paid with credit card?
Credit card. They take the number in advance.

Also, how big is the car? Can it accommodate 2 persons with 4 checked suitcases and 2 cabin bags?
The car we had was sufficiently large.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Credit card. They take the number in advance.
Think this info will help me, Etihad limo from LHR to family in Dorset next week. In the past this 150 mile trip has been fully covered by Etihad First, but with the new rules now have only 100 miles covered, so I will have to pay for the extra 50 miles, its still cheaper than hiring a rental car. Hope they do take a credit card in UK, as I will not have enough UK pounds on me!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Looking to book DUB-LCY -24 hr stopover LHR-AUH -24hr stopover AUH-MLE
Would I be able to book the chauffeur service for any of the stopover parts of the trip or would it be just the Hotel to DUB.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:53 am

If I only have an American cell phone that will not work in the UAE, how would members suggest that I arrange/confirm my pickup for a flight AUH-IAD? I can obviously rough in the booking on the website but it does not allow one to enter even an approximate time for pickup.

Thanks!

Second question (edited): If I have a second passenger with me, but on a different PNR, but also flying EY J, is there an issue with them traveling with me? For the leg where we are on the same PNR it allows them to be selected, but on the leg where we are separate it does not allow a guest to be added. Still, this would be silly to do separately since we are going from the same hotel to the same flight at the same time.

Last edited by arlflyer; Jun 9, 2015 at 9:02 am
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
If I only have an American cell phone that will not work in the UAE, how would members suggest that I arrange/confirm my pickup for a flight AUH-IAD? I can obviously rough in the booking on the website but it does not allow one to enter even an approximate time for pickup.

Thanks!
Use Skype.

(T-Mobile's free data plan includes UAE if perchance you are on that plan.)
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:17 am

Use Skype.

(T-Mobile's free data plan includes UAE if perchance you are on that plan.)
Sorry, just to be clear - my understanding is that they are supposed to call me. How would skype help with this? I have already arranged it in the sense of that I have done it online. But the T-24 confirmation, some mysterious third party vendor is supposed to call me.

Maybe this is one of the instances where I enlist a hotel concierge to sort this out.

Also any thoughts on the second passenger issue?

Sorry for the questions but for something that seemingly would be pretty common there does not appear to be many answers out there.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:08 am

They had our hotel details and called the hotel.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:38 am

They had our hotel details and called the hotel.
Interesting, thanks. Given that I've listed the hotel as our pickup address (the only logical field in the booking form where said details could be included), perhaps they'll do some similar sleuthing for us as well. Or maybe through some magic the hotel concierge has connections and can sort it out.

Appreciate it.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by grannieflyer
Think this info will help me, Etihad limo from LHR to family in Dorset next week.
Where does the service connect with you, baggage claim or curbside, and where please? Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:29 pm

This may not be the right thread for this, but I'm just curious as to how much people typically tip the Etihad chauffeur drivers? I'm US-based, and the trip should be about 45 minutes to the airport.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by pcharles
Where does the service connect with you, baggage claim or curbside, and where please? Thanks!
For LHR Terminal 4, there is an Etihad Chauffeur Drive desk in the arrivals hall public area after baggage reclaim and customs. As you enter the landside/public area, look to your right and you should see the desk (and a gaggle of drivers). Never had a problem or delay and the drivers/cars are excellent.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:54 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi pcharles, Kindly approach Etihad Arrival desk and our colleagues shall be pleased to guide you to the location. Thanks *AS
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by jimindc
This may not be the right thread for this, but I'm just curious as to how much people typically tip the Etihad chauffeur drivers? I'm US-based, and the trip should be about 45 minutes to the airport.
Personally I tip $20 for EK Chauffeur service, same for EY. I know people who find $10 sufficient as well though.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
I will be flying AMS - AUH - MEL - AMS on a C class KL ticket, with AMS - AUH operated by KL and AUH - MEL operated by EY. I have a 2 day stopover in AUH.

2 questions about the Chauffeur Service:

- At arrival in AUH: I guess I can not use the chauffeur service to go to my hotel. But I can take the Etihad Coach service to go downtown Dubai?

- For the AUH - MEL leg of the trip, can the Chauffeur Service pick me up at my hotel in downtown Dubai? Or is this still considered a transit and therefore not eligible for the service?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:49 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by jochen_vdk
I will be flying AMS - AUH - MEL - AMS on a C class KL ticket, with AMS - AUH operated by KL and AUH - MEL operated by EY. I have a 2 day stopover in AUH.

2 questions about the Chauffeur Service:

- At arrival in AUH: I guess I can not use the chauffeur service to go to my hotel. But I can take the Etihad Coach service to go downtown Dubai?

- For the AUH - MEL leg of the trip, can the Chauffeur Service pick me up at my hotel in downtown Dubai? Or is this still considered a transit and therefore not eligible for the service?
Dear jochen_vdk,

Please be advised that both chauffeur service and Coach is not available for transit guests in Abu Dhabi.

While we suggest you to check the coach service upon arrival into AUH.

Thank you and Best Regards. *JS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.