Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Chauffeur Service - Pick Up

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by zux85
I requested and confirmed the Chauffeur service with EY for pickup in NYC.
If they call the day before and im not available to take the call, what happens? Do they still come pick you up?
I ask because i will be on a flight the day. I can call them back when i land, however that will be about 10PM EST. The chauffeur request is for the following day at 7:40PM
Have missed their call a few times in various locations. They leave a message just to confirm the time they will be picking you up.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:00 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
I never took their calls (I don´t watch my phone when on holiday) and they were always here on time or called my hotel, which informed me then about my chauffeur pickup.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Hi all
In my reservation we are 3 adults and 1 infant.
When trying to book the chauffeur I put in my reservation number and surname and on the screen it is written I can bring with me 1 guest.
On the menu I can choose one of the other 2 people traveling with me.

My question is......should I be able to get 1 car for all of us or do we have to travel separately in different cars?

Thanks for your advice
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:52 am

Programs: DL-SM Silver, EY-Gold, HH
Originally Posted by KiteM
Hi all
In my reservation we are 3 adults and 1 infant.
When trying to book the chauffeur I put in my reservation number and surname and on the screen it is written I can bring with me 1 guest.
On the menu I can choose one of the other 2 people traveling with me.

My question is......should I be able to get 1 car for all of us or do we have to travel separately in different cars?

Thanks for your advice
You can usually clarify/arrange this when they call you the day before to confirm the pick up. I flew back to AUH two days ago, was away on a business trip, a colleague was on the same flight back. I told them to just sent one car for both of us, no need for separate cars, and they did so accordingly.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: DL-SM Silver, EY-Gold, HH
Originally Posted by mjmal51
Have missed their call a few times in various locations. They leave a message just to confirm the time they will be picking you up.
Agree, same has happened to me a couple of times.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
If I am booking XXX>DCA/IAD>AUH with AA miles will I be able to request the service for transit between DCA and IAD?

It says no terminal transfer, but I don't know about mid-itinerary.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by rivlinm
If I am booking XXX>DCA/IAD>AUH with AA miles will I be able to request the service for transit between DCA and IAD?

I would like to know the same thing.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Had to spend ~$14 on local phone calls from my hotel yesterday to confirm my already scheduled pickup. Line was always busy and connection kept falling. Etihad should make some improvements here...
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
A couple of nights ago I flew BAH AUH in Business. I skipped the arrivals lounge and got my limo straight away. The driver I had was totally and utterly clueless when I told him where to go. He had no idea where Maqta Bridge was and then told me it was closed for roadworks which I knew for a fact it wasn't. I hate being lied to. He then proceeded to go via Al Raha beach despite me telling him not to and to listen to my instructions. By the time I had told him where to go, he had already made up his mind not to listen to me and to follow his own circuitous pre-determined route to my destination. It's obviously pot luck if you get a driver who knows Abu Dhabi's roads. Mine quite clearly had no idea. A twenty minute journey turned into a forty minute journey. Be prepared for drivers who are clearly new to Abu Dhabi.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:55 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by sabdhabi
A couple of nights ago I flew BAH AUH in Business. I skipped the arrivals lounge and got my limo straight away. The driver I had was totally and utterly clueless when I told him where to go. He had no idea where Maqta Bridge was and then told me it was closed for roadworks which I knew for a fact it wasn't. I hate being lied to. He then proceeded to go via Al Raha beach despite me telling him not to and to listen to my instructions. By the time I had told him where to go, he had already made up his mind not to listen to me and to follow his own circuitous pre-determined route to my destination. It's obviously pot luck if you get a driver who knows Abu Dhabi's roads. Mine quite clearly had no idea. A twenty minute journey turned into a forty minute journey. Be prepared for drivers who are clearly new to Abu Dhabi.
You have my sympathy. Happens very regularly in taxis in Abu Dhabi & Dubai as well as the EY limo service. Too many transient/un-trained employees.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by rivlinm

bump?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by jrgiddyup
bump?
I just gave up and took a less ideal route to IAD on US. Figured with winter weather, risking 3 hours driving across the city is asking for trouble.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:45 pm

Planning to get chauffeur service from Chicago airport to Milwaukee. On the map it's about 75 miles. On the website they say they cover 70 miles max. Will this be a problem?

Also, will they take care of tolls etc if they are crossing states? Curious....
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by curiousGal
Planning to get chauffeur service from Chicago airport to Milwaukee. On the map it's about 75 miles. On the website they say they cover 70 miles max. Will this be a problem?
We used an Etihad chauffeur from LAX. We were charged roughly $4/mile for the distance above their allowance. I expect it would be the same for Chicago.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We used an Etihad chauffeur from LAX. We were charged roughly $4/mile for the distance above their allowance. I expect it would be the same for Chicago.

Thanks. Do we pay cash to the driver or can it be paid with credit card? Also, how big is the car? Can it accommodate 2 persons with 4 checked suitcases and 2 cabin bags?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.