Adding TSA Redress Number to Booking

Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:49 am
kb9
Original Poster

Programs: DL, EK AI
Adding TSA Redress Number to Booking

Hi folks,

I recently booked myself on EY from KUL to JFK. During the booking process on the Etihad website, I noticed that the optional Redress number field wasn't accepting my redress number. Despite entering my 7 digit number, the error prompt told me that the number of characters was too few. Not sure why that happened. I managed to complete the booking without entering it in.

When I called Etihad, they firstly weren't very knowledgeable about what a redress number is, and he just told me to take care of it at time of check in.

Now the whole point of getting a redress number is to prevent any hassles at check in, so I'd feel better if I can have it inserted in my booking APIS.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Should I just not bother and present my redress number at check in?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:26 am

Actually the redress number is not very important nowadays. I flew on EK last month and they had no place for the redress number. I was as concerned as you were.
Check in was swift and at the airport I came out within minutes. I asked the immigration officer and he said nowadays all the data gets passed by the other details of your profile. In fact we no longer had to fill out immigration cards as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.