Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Does EY only release 2 J/F seats into the award inventory at a time?

Does EY only release 2 J/F seats into the award inventory at a time?

Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Question Does EY only release 2 J/F seats into the award inventory at a time?

Looking for preferably 4 seats in the same cabin, either F or J to travel from MEL-xAUH-LHR/BRU/FRA anywhere into Europe really. Having a rough look around on the EY guest website, I have not been able to find more than 2 seats available in either F or J. Does EY only release 2 seats a time so if I book the first two, the second two may become available?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:40 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
There is no rhyme or reason of EY award availability. Some days there are 0, others there are 9 available.

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 14, 2014 at 12:25 am Reason: remove extraneous comments
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
There is no rhyme or reason of EY award availability. Some days there are 0, others there are 9 available.
Anyway, I know other airlines release 2 seats a time in their premium cabin so was simply wondering if Etihad does the same.

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 14, 2014 at 12:26 am Reason: remove meta discussion
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:30 pm

Zainman, someone had posted awhile back that they were able to grab 3 or 4 business seats on a single flight, so it's certainly possible.

I wouldn't book 2 hoping that 2 more come available later. Seems too risky for me. If you can swing it, I'd try and grab the 2 F and the 2 J seats on the same flight. More miles, obviously, but guaranteed you'll all be together.

Alternatively, you good book 2 J and 2 Y, and hope that 2 more J eventually open up for those you booked in Y.

Either way, good luck!

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 14, 2014 at 12:26 am Reason: remove meta discussion
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cohall
Zainman, someone had posted awhile back that they were able to grab 3 or 4 business seats on a single flight, so it's certainly possible.

I wouldn't book 2 hoping that 2 more come available later. Seems too risky for me. If you can swing it, I'd try and grab the 2 F and the 2 J seats on the same flight. More miles, obviously, but guaranteed you'll all be together.

Alternatively, you good book 2 J and 2 Y, and hope that 2 more J eventually open up for those you booked in Y.

Either way, good luck!
Thanks for your response Cohail,

We have managed to find 2 F and 2 J on the same flight which is not the preferred option (as more miles needed) but definitely better than 2 J and 2 Y.

Good to know that someone managed to find 3 or 4 J together on a single flight but wonder if they booked them all together or booked 2 and then 2 more opened up..?

Thanks

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 14, 2014 at 12:27 am Reason: amend quotation
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:53 am

I've had 3F seats before now. I also remember whilst in AUH at new year almost every cabin went to 3 available on nearly every route to Europe for the year, that soon changed though and I've not seen it again. I general 2 seats are released (in my experience) and no more.

The route I got 3 on was IST, I may as we'll share that because I WON'T be going back.

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 14, 2014 at 12:28 am Reason: remove meta discussion
Old Apr 12, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Have booked numerous award travel in the past on Etihad and I have always found there only to be 2 seats in J and 2 or sometimes 4 in F. On occasion I've seen more seats open a few days prior to departure but of course never on the flights I need. I would not book thinking that 2 more will pop open in J. If it does, great, but again not something I would count on.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I was able to book 2 F and 3 J on the LAX-AUH flight right before Christmas. I booked it right around 330 days out. So, it is possible, although likely the exception rather than the norm.

Last edited by whimike; Apr 13, 2014 at 1:30 am
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Thumbs down

I personally havent seen more seats open closer to the time or seen more than 4 available in J or F and have had to rely on airport upgrades a number of times when redemption seats weren't available...could this be an option? It is very unlikely that the whole Fcabin would be full I think

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 14, 2014 at 12:28 am Reason: remove meta discussion
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:52 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
As I said, there is no rhyme or reason. On some dates there are 9 seats in O, some days 0. More seats may open closer to the date, but is not guaranteed.

F is indeed full on many days for SYD-AUH-SYD flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.