Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

'Jetihad' Flights by EY [operated by 9W metal and crew] AUH-JFK/SFO/GRU/BKK/KUL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Jetihad' Flights by EY [operated by 9W metal and crew] AUH-JFK/SFO/GRU/BKK/KUL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly
If I were Etihad, I'd be making sure 9W wasn't operating any of my marquee routes, like JFK.
^
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Jetcraps J class is nothing to write home about either. I've had the fun of flying A330 J product from 9W codeshare with EY.

OH my oh my. I don't even want to share my experience. LOL

Last edited by a310pilot; Aug 30, 2015 at 1:59 pm Reason: add
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by a310pilot
Jetcraps J class is nothing to write home about either. I've had the fun of flying A330 J product from 9W codeshare with EY.

OH my oh my. I don't even want to share my experience. LOL
I've heard the 9W J 777 product is pretty comparable to the EY J 777 product. What's the difference? If you compare the 9W 777 to the 787 or the a380 that's going apples to oranges.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by nichojo
I've heard the 9W J 777 product is pretty comparable to the EY J 777 product. What's the difference? If you compare the 9W 777 to the 787 or the a380 that's going apples to oranges.
9W not the same as the EY airplane. Do a search to find out the differences. No Wifi on the 9W plane is one of them.Sometimes the 9W plane is staffed with 9W crew.

Therefore the tittle "JetCrap"

As for people redeeming awards, you'll notice 9W equipped airplanes are usually available, and the EY planes are not. For those buying revenue tickets the price is the same ( subject to inventory) I always pick the EY plane over the 9W plane.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by OpenSky
9W not the same as the EY airplane. Do a search to find out the differences. No Wifi on the 9W plane is one of them.Sometimes the 9W plane is staffed with 9W crew.

Therefore the tittle "JetCrap"

As for people redeeming awards, you'll notice 9W equipped airplanes are usually available, and the EY planes are not. For those buying revenue tickets the price is the same ( subject to inventory) I always pick the EY plane over the 9W plane.
Ditto. If I pay for Coca Cola. I don't want to drink Pepsi .
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by nichojo
9W 777 seating is horrible. I personally hate herringbone. If you like Windowseat than forget about it. herringbone configuration has no window seat. you have to turn your head more than 90 degrees to 110 degrees to look out the window. (Trying doing that right now and report back ) That's about the limit you can turn your head.

and Everyone faces each other at an angle.

As for Food - I haven't traveled 9W for EY. Only 9W as 9W - codeshare EY. Food choices I have had are majority of spicy, oily curry type Indian food. Only 1 western offering ex JFK you might have 2. don't count on it.

9W Crew is on par with AZ. could careless.

Last edited by a310pilot; Aug 30, 2015 at 10:39 pm Reason: add
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:14 am

I find 9W better for sleeping if you are tall. 9W seat had more length and with extra pillow/blanket filling front area can be made even longer. 9W provides sleeping pad and sleeper suit.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:45 am

Etihad provides sleeping pads and they gladly make your bed for good nights sleep.

Does 9W use etihad crockery? 9W stuff is pretty old.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: Too Many to Count
Sep 11 and Sep 13 EY182 looks like its on 77L, which is EY metal. The flightradar24 site doesn't show this yet since it only goes out 10 days, but EY's website does.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:18 am

From Sep 11 to Nov 23, there will be a rotation. It'll be operated by 77L on every other day basis.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:19 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Seems GRU receives the Jet Airways 77W on these days.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly
Took this flight today in Y and quite frankly, compared to my outbound on EY100, it was a shambles. Seats were shabbier, food was veggie option or vegetarian option, headphones were garbage, flight was crowded with "amateur" fliers who the flight attendants just seemed to give up on while they hid in the galley. Bathrooms quickly became a mess, bottle of soap in the one nearest disappeared along with the paper towels. Cabin crew had no problem letting the group of fifty or more 12ish year old students have their seats reclined, tray tables lowered, sleeping in all positions with seat belts off during taxi and takeoff either. They just couldn't be bothered.

If I were Etihad, I'd be making sure 9W wasn't operating any of my marquee routes, like JFK.
My guess is most of the "amateur" fliers booked during the Christmas Day "sale."
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
You get what you pay for.

This also includes the AA people that steal our awards. Put them on 9W aircraft.
( I have no problem with that)
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by OpenSky
You get what you pay for.

This also includes the AA people that steal our awards. Put them on 9W aircraft.
( I have no problem with that)
LOL.

We don't get enough bang for the buck with EY points though. Even less after July update. Whereas AA guys are getting F for less than us.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by newaarondavidson
My guess is most of the "amateur" fliers booked during the Christmas Day "sale."
Is this for real?

I'm flying my sale fare tomorrow but I hardly consider myself amateur.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.