Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad Guest Credit Card Account for UK Residents

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Silver, BA Silver, EK paper, BOAC Junior Jet Club

At last a decent means of earning Guest Miles in UK.
http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...edit-card.aspx
Introducing the Etihad Guest Credit Card Account – where a trip to the supermarket can lead to a super trip of your dreams.

Earn miles with every pound you spend

The Etihad Guest Credit Card Account is designed to accelerate your earning capacity by giving you two cards, an Etihad Guest American Express® Credit Card from MBNA and an Etihad Guest Visa Credit Card. They work seamlessly together – conveniently packaged into one account, with one PIN, one statement, one monthly payment and the flexibility to manage your account online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Start earning with the following benefits:

• 1.5 Etihad Guest Miles for every £1 you spend on card purchases with your Etihad Guest American Express® Credit Card

• 1.5 Etihad Guest Miles for every £2 you spend on card purchases with your Etihad Guest Visa Credit Card

• Welcome bonus of 5,000 Etihad Guest Miles when you spend £250 within the first 90 days of account opening

• Fast track to Etihad Guest Silver Tier upon the completion of one paid for return flight with Etihad Airways in the first year of account opening

• Double Etihad Guest Miles on Etihad Airways operated flights taken in Pearl Business Class during the first three months of account opening

• Triple Etihad Guest Miles on Etihad Airways operated flights taken in Diamond First Class during the first three months of account opening

• No annual fee.
I received an unsolicited application form in the post yesterday, which also says "plus you can take advantage of 17,000 bonus Etihad Guest Miles if you spend £1,500 within the first 90 days of account opening ..... you must apply by by 31st October to be eligible for the additional 12,000 miles".

Signed up today by phone. The MBNA rep explained that a total £1,750 spend gets 5,000 + 12,000 miles in the first 90 days. This extra offer is not on Etihadairways.com and might be invitation only.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Etihad MBNA Visa

Did you get your bonus miles? How long did they take to post?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:43 am

They had 20000 bonus for £4000 spend in 6 months. Offer ended end of November.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I just received a letter stating the Etihad UK MBNA credit card will be ending on the 21st July
Old May 29, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by stanontour
I just received a letter stating the Etihad UK MBNA credit card will be ending on the 21st July
You beat me to it obviously your post arrives earlier than mine. Only reason I got this card was for the air miles but as now an Ex Etihad user was going to ditch it anyway. Guess this is just another example of Etihad cuts or is it part of MBNA cutting back
Old May 29, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by amnicoll
You beat me to it obviously your post arrives earlier than mine. Only reason I got this card was for the air miles but as now an Ex Etihad user was going to ditch it anyway. Guess this is just another example of Etihad cuts or is it part of MBNA cutting back
Because of the EU Interchange Cap. They've scraped all of the airline and rewards cards.

Was hoping they would keep it out until next year, so bit of a shame. Still, it's done me well until now - at least I can confirm my move away from Etihad now
Old May 30, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
What an earth is the Because of the EU Interchange Cap?
Old May 30, 2018, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
What an earth is the Because of the EU Interchange Cap?
Credit card companies can no longer charge the fees they used to, so are less inclined to cough up for airline miles or other perks for their customers.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
These weak British cards don't compare to our ADCB ones!
Old May 30, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
ADCB cards actually aren't that great compared to Citi cards here for earning potential. They dont reduce the earned points on everyday spend like bills and groceries and fuel. plus have the highest point per Dh on spend conversion.

https://www.citibank.ae/uae/consumer...ZPQ==AbCdEfGhI
Old May 30, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways, Etihad Guest, Emirates Skywards, Discovery Hotels, Bonvoy
The EYG FAB card has the highest rewards points earning potential for Etihad and they don't reduce the earn rate on any spend categories either. You can actually earn up to 3.7 miles per $ with the FAB Infinite card while on the Citi prestige the max is 3 miles per $.

Also the fast track to Gold tier, tier miles earn and the 75% off redemption voucher make this a pretty strong contender in the UAE!
Old May 30, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Although FAB card has good benefits, and great sign up bonus at the moment, their customer service is totally appalling. It took me 6 months to get my bonus miles credited last year, I still have a complaint ongoing about the abysmal customer service. If you like bad service worth a punt... ADCB and FAB also accrue tier miles on purchases and balance transfers.

Originally Posted by anyfees99
The EYG FAB card has the highest rewards points earning potential for Etihad and they don't reduce the earn rate on any spend categories either. You can actually earn up to 3.7 miles per $ with the FAB Infinite card while on the Citi prestige the max is 3 miles per $.

Also the fast track to Gold tier, tier miles earn and the 75% off redemption voucher make this a pretty strong contender in the UAE!
Old May 31, 2018, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by JayCee1966
Although FAB card has good benefits, and great sign up bonus at the moment, their customer service is totally appalling. It took me 6 months to get my bonus miles credited last year, I still have a complaint ongoing about the abysmal customer service. If you like bad service worth a punt... ADCB and FAB also accrue tier miles on purchases and balance transfers.
Agreed, FAB and ADIB are atrocious. not worth touching
Old May 31, 2018, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by anyfees99

a 5 second search on their site reveals they do indeed have lower earn rates for those categories... "However, on certain spends categories (Supermarket, Fuel, Education & Govt Payments as defined by Visa) the earn rate is 2.5 miles per AED 10 for all card types."

https://www.bankfab.ae/campaign/etihad-promotion <-- info.. Ouch

10 AED is $2.72, 6 points per 10 AED for international spend makes that 2.2 points per $.

Last edited by kelix; May 31, 2018 at 1:42 am
Old May 31, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: Qatar Airways, Etihad Guest, Emirates Skywards, Discovery Hotels, Bonvoy
Citi cards also have lower earn rates & caps on certain categories, they are just not as transparent about it. You can find this in the T&C's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.