Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Abu Dhabi Lounge Update‏

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
if you are coming in on an F flight and connecting to a 2 cabin J flight on the same ticket, do you have access to the F lounge?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by avm2806
if you are coming in on an F flight and connecting to a 2 cabin J flight on the same ticket, do you have access to the F lounge?
I believe the answer is yes, if the plane doesn't have F.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:09 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by avm2806
This varies. Some pax have been denied, but if you show it's all on the one reservation, and flying on the same day the lounge staff may let you in.

I've never been denied, but the last time it took them over 20mins to verify access with their superiors.

With only 1 F Lounge now they may be tightening this up.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
if I might add-on to this thread.

I have three hours in transit in AUH on Saturday morning, arriving from London at 7.15am, departing to Australia via Singapore at 10.20, the flights are into and out from Terminal 3.

Would the recommendation be that I should head over to the Terminal 1 Business Lounge? And are there any time or other issues with doing that?

Thank you.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: EY Platinum
No, it's a trek and then you have the hassle of having to reclear security to get back into Terminal 3.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:50 am

Abu Dhabi Lounge Update‏

Is the T3 First Lounge open 24/7?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Originally Posted by MagicFlyer
Is the T3 First Lounge open 24/7?
Yes, however when I was there overnight the snooze rooms were already taken and the staff were using the time to clean the empty lounge so I slept on the couch with the Hoover being used in the background. They looked after me very well though!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:49 am

Bad experience at the Business Class lounge in AUH Terminal 3

When we arrived from another flight at 3:00AM we were told the Quiet Room was occupied. We slept on couches in the main lounge, until Etihad staff awakened us at 6:00AM. We were told we could not lay on the couch, as they have a shortage of seats. By 7:00AM the lounge was a zoo with more passengers than seats. To make matters worse, our 9:45AM flight to Chicago had a delayed departure of 12:00noon. Overall, a bad experience.

Etihad: your website should warn passengers that your AUH Business Class lounge does NOT have adequate facilities for sleeping.

Unlike Etihad, The Emirates Business Class lounge at DXB provides good facilities for sleeping.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:58 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nums
When we arrived from another flight at 3:00AM we were told the Quiet Room was occupied. We slept on couches in the main lounge, until Etihad staff awakened us at 6:00AM. We were told we could not lay on the couch, as they have a shortage of seats. By 7:00AM the lounge was a zoo with more passengers than seats. To make matters worse, our 9:45AM flight to Chicago had a delayed departure of 12:00noon. Overall, a bad experience.

Etihad: your website should warn passengers that your AUH Business Class lounge does NOT have adequate facilities for sleeping.

Unlike Etihad, The Emirates Business Class lounge at DXB provides good facilities for sleeping.
Ummm no. BA (other than the CCR), QF, AA do not advertise that they do not have sleeping facilities. It is not standard worldwide, especially in less than an F lounge.

Last edited by m0hamed; Apr 29, 2014 at 7:03 am
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:20 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
They also vacuum at all hours of the morning.

We were stuck here due to mechanical until 4 AM - after the masses cleared out, it was open season on cleaning the lounge while we were napping on the couches.

Not a suitable place for napping if this is in the plans.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skunker
I believe the answer is yes, if the plane doesn't have F.
What about two PNRs? For example JFK-AUH in F; connects to AUH-HKG in J. Do I still get F lounge access
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by mediator
What about two PNRs? For example JFK-AUH in F; connects to AUH-HKG in J. Do I still get F lounge access
Separate PNRs and no EY elite status make it unlikely, but the lounge dragons may be kind.
Old May 1, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Separate PNRs and no EY elite status make it unlikely, but the lounge dragons may be kind.
Thanks! Guess I'll have to wait for the next EY status match
Old May 3, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Update: in the F lounge now, but it took some talking.
Flew LAX-JFK(F)-AUH(F) and awaiting my flight to CAI in J. The agents at the main desk said only business lounge but I asked the business lounge agent and she looked up my PNR and saw I was flying on an F ticket but there is no F to CAI.
Old May 3, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
Update: in the F lounge now, but it took some talking.
Flew LAX-JFK(F)-AUH(F) and awaiting my flight to CAI in J. The agents at the main desk said only business lounge but I asked the business lounge agent and she looked up my PNR and saw I was flying on an F ticket but there is no F to CAI.
Lucky you. They are pretty tough with this. It's annoying because F comes and goes to CAI, and when you normally book F the whole way, to be downgraded to J, you deserve access to the F lounge.

As I said, booking single PNRs help, as does asking nicely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.