Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

trouble with Chauffeur service on AA award

trouble with Chauffeur service on AA award

Old Mar 24, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I figured out the problem with my award. AA books it into a class that Etihad's computer thinks is ineligble. But when you call, the friendly Etihad CSR figures that out and fixes it and books the chauffeur.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:18 am

What's the final word on chauffeur service for AA award tickets?

I'm flying business class on EY next February, MLE-AUH-(overnight layover)-LAX. At which point am I eligible for a chauffeur? Will I get a driver from AUH to my hotel? Pick up from my hotel to AUH in AM? From LAX to home? Any of these would be great; all of them would be spectacular!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
I figured out the problem with my award. AA books it into a class that Etihad's computer thinks is ineligble. But when you call, the friendly Etihad CSR figures that out and fixes it and books the chauffeur.
I'm pretty sure that all the airlines book EY awards in the same booking class...
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
What's the final word on chauffeur service for AA award tickets?

I'm flying business class on EY next February, MLE-AUH-(overnight layover)-LAX. At which point am I eligible for a chauffeur? Will I get a driver from AUH to my hotel? Pick up from my hotel to AUH in AM? From LAX to home? Any of these would be great; all of them would be spectacular!
Assuming you're on one ticket, you'll get it to/from your home in LAX, but not at AUH.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by krazieman
It's the same booking class as others. Etihad F award booked with AA miles for my partner and myself, we could book driver service online with no issues.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by stargold

Assuming you're on one ticket, you'll get it to/from your home in LAX, but not at AUH.
It is one ticket. What is the reason for no service at AUH? Is chauffeur service only for origin and destination?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Is chauffeur service only for origin and destination?
Yes. Actually, its pretty clear on their web site https://www.etihad.com/en-us/plan-an...ook-chauffeur/
Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
It may be worth mentioning that the airport taxis at AUH are very pleasant Merc mini vans with plenty of space, leather seats, sat nav and helpful drivers. They are plentiful and metered ... flag down is $7 then 45c per km. Hardly an imposition. Uber (and local competitor Careem) are ... err ... discouraged from making airport pickups.
Old May 27, 2016, 12:36 pm

Urgent,
I have booked Etihad airways award travel using AA miles in Business class. I have received the confirmation of chauffeur service but no one has called me to confirm drop off from DFW airport to my home. When I called to enquire, I was told to proceed to guest or chauffeur desk with boarding pass and they will arrange it for me. Is this norm now? I was reading that someone generally calls you to confirm. Should I be concerned or make alternate arrangements? TIA.

Edit : Pick up is at 5.00 PM CST today (05/27).
Old May 27, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Ash Pot
Urgent,
I have booked Etihad airways award travel using AA miles in Business class. I have received the confirmation of chauffeur service but no one has called me to confirm drop off from DFW airport to my home. When I called to enquire, I was told to proceed to guest or chauffeur desk with boarding pass and they will arrange it for me. Is this norm now? I was reading that someone generally calls you to confirm. Should I be concerned or make alternate arrangements? TIA.

Edit : Pick up is at 5.00 PM CST today (05/27).
They call to confirm pick up, not drop (lots of pax will be in the air when they try to call) , and the pick up location for the drop is known, it's the arrivals Hall at the arriving airport, whereas for the pickup they call to reconfirm the address.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.