Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

trouble with Chauffeur service on AA award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

trouble with Chauffeur service on AA award

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by ginkoka
Does a one-way ticket give you 2 transfers (to the departure airport and from the arrival airport)?
Yes, assuming your ticket is eligible for the service, you are entitled to avail of it to your departure airport and from your arrival airport.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by tangey
Yes, assuming your ticket is eligible for the service...
Also assuming that EY provides the service at these airports.

Even though the service is not provided by EY employees but by independent limo companies, and could be arranged worldwide from a central location, EY won't pay for limo service at most airports.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Nov 30, 2015 at 4:12 pm
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:17 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Also assuming that EY provides the service at these airports.

Even though the service is not provided by EY employees but by independent limo companies, and could be arranged worldwide from a central location, EY won't pay for limo service at most airports.
I have a AUH-MEL(overnight)-SYD flight coming up with EY/QF in F.

Am I correct to assume that I'll only get chauffeur service to the AUH airport?

I read the terms and it looks like transfer at MEL will not count and since QF operates MEL-SYD it will also not be eligible.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by jix
I have a AUH-MEL(overnight)-SYD flight coming up with EY/QF in F.

Am I correct to assume that I'll only get chauffeur service to the AUH airport?

I read the terms and it looks like transfer at MEL will not count and since QF operates MEL-SYD it will also not be eligible.
Yes.

MEL T1/T2/T3 is a single large building, walking from international arrivals T2 to QF check-in T1 only takes a minute (turn left, up the ramp and you're there). Besides EY do not provide CD on transfers anyway anywhere in the world (rules can be bent with the drivers upon pick up at some locations).
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, CX DM, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tangey
Yes, assuming your ticket is eligible for the service, you are entitled to avail of it to your departure airport and from your arrival airport.
Thanks!!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Checking to see if Lima service...

Checking to see if Lima service is only available from where Eithahd flies or if I am flying from RDU on AA to Eithad connection, will I get Limo in RDU also.

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:52 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Yes.

MEL T1/T2/T3 is a single large building, walking from international arrivals T2 to QF check-in T1 only takes a minute (turn left, up the ramp and you're there). Besides EY do not provide CD on transfers anyway anywhere in the world (rules can be bent with the drivers upon pick up at some locations).
Thanks. I'm staying at MEL for a night so the walking distance between terminals probably won't matter.

To confirm, I still won't get chauffeur when I arrive at final destination SYD because the last carrier is not EY? Even tho it's one of their destination?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Is an effective strategy then to just call back and try and get a new agent to book the chauffeur service on an AA award? Traveling in a few weeks and have yet to put in a request but assumed I was eligible.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by jix
Thanks. I'm staying at MEL for a night so the walking distance between terminals probably won't matter.

To confirm, I still won't get chauffeur when I arrive at final destination SYD because the last carrier is not EY? Even tho it's one of their destination?
Correct. It's irrelevant if it's one of their destinations, the last leg is with QF not EY.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by rkj2106
Is an effective strategy then to just call back and try and get a new agent to book the chauffeur service on an AA award? Traveling in a few weeks and have yet to put in a request but assumed I was eligible.
At what airports you'll be wanting the service booked?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by edy4eva
At what airports you'll be wanting the service booked?
Will be requesting it in DEL and possibly MAD.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HGP Diamond
Originally Posted by jix

Yes I can confirm that you will not get chauffeur in Sydney, your last carrier has to be EY.

Unless you are doing an overnight in MEL as a side trip, you could monitor award availability to see if going direct AUH-SYD opens up.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:14 am

I'm flying LGA>YYZ>AUH>JED

The detour is because of lack of J availability in local airports. If I happen to catch last minute JFK availability, I'll take it in heart beat.

But, based on this, will I get Chauffeur service in NYC to LGA? How about at Yyz? We have an overnight so will be going to a hotel. Pretty sure they don't offer Chauffeur service in JED

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
I'm flying LGA>YYZ>AUH>JED

The detour is because of lack of J availability in local airports. If I happen to catch last minute JFK availability, I'll take it in heart beat.

But, based on this, will I get Chauffeur service in NYC to LGA? How about at Yyz? We have an overnight so will be going to a hotel. Pretty sure they don't offer Chauffeur service in JED

Thanks for your help.
No. None of the mentioned places qualify.
NYC not flying EY
YYZ in transit <24 hours
Old Dec 5, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
How about a family of four, each two members of travel on a separate PNR, Will EY provide two cars or transport the four in one car?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.