Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

trouble with Chauffeur service on AA award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

trouble with Chauffeur service on AA award

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:27 pm
Community Director Emerita

I was unsuccessful in booking online. Is there a particular number I need to call, or just the general US Etihad reservation number?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I was unsuccessful in booking online. Is there a particular number I need to call, or just the general US Etihad reservation number?
Must get the EY booking ref from AA and ensure the ticket had been issued before attempting the booking. If unsuccessful call EY on 1 888 8 ETIHAD
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:28 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Must get the EY booking ref from AA and ensure the ticket had been issued before attempting the booking. If unsuccessful call EY on 1 888 8 ETIHAD
Thanks. I have the EY PNR and can pull up the record online. I just can't book the chauffeur service online. I'll give them a call.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:02 pm

Was able to view reservation online but not select seat or chauffeur service. One call to their 888-8ETIHAD number resolved both, and was emailed a confirmation showing seat assignment and saying chauffeur service had been confirmed. Website now shows seat assignment but no mention of chauffeur service. They were unable to help with seat selection on continuing BA flight - oh well, their intra-Europe J does not look special anyhow.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by garkman
no mention of chauffeur service
Enter your PNR on virtuallythere.com, you'll see the chauffeur service confirmation there. That is also where you could have booked the service online.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Apr 8, 2015 at 9:16 pm
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Chauffer bookings on AA Award

Just tried this on an award. Virtually there says

"Your flight booking entitles you to use our complimentary chauffeur service. Please click here to book."

Clicking on the link takes me to the Etihad site. Clicking on the reservation link gives the following error"

"Not eligible
Please contact your nearest Etihad customer service centre"

The rules on the same page are somewhat ambiguous. EY frequent flyers on EY awards clearly CAN book chauffeur. "Complimentary" tickets (undefined) CANNOT. Unclear about the status of AA award ticket holders.

Guests holding tickets with confirmed reservations in Business Saver, Business Freedom and First Freedom.
Etihad Chauffeur is available to Etihad Guest members redeeming their miles on First and Business class.
Guests travelling on Etihad Airways operated flights (although holding other airline tickets), are eligible for the Etihad Chauffeur service.
Etihad Chauffeur is not available for the following:

The Etihad Chauffeur service is not available on Business Breaking Deals Fare Choice and any other discounted tickets. Please check with your travel agent or with the Etihad Airways office at the time of your booking.
The service is not available to guests who are waitlisted, in transit or those collecting tickets on departure.
The Etihad Chauffeur service can only be used by travellers who have a corresponding arriving or departing flight on the same day. The service cannot be availed on any other day for any reason.
Etihad Chauffeur is not available to Unaccompanied Minors (UM).
Chauffeur service is not applicable for children between 2 and 12 years.
Etihad Chauffeur service must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of travel. Service will not be confirmed for bookings made within 24 hours. Service cannot be arranged for guests on arrival at airport without prior bookings.
Etihad Chauffeur operates within specific distances of all destinations where offered. If the service requested exceeds the specified mileage limits in any given city, guests are required to pay for the excess mileage at the locally applicable rates. All charges for excess mileage should be settled by guests directly with the chauffeur.
If a guest fails to cancel an Etihad Chauffeur booking and the chauffeur arrives at the appointed time and place only to be sent away, this will be termed as “No Show". The service cannot be rebooked for a future date in conjunction with the same ticket.
Etihad Chauffeur services are provided by third party service providers. Etihad has no liability for loss, personal injury or death incurred during the use of such facilities and services unless such loss, personal injury or death is / are caused solely by Etihad negligence.
Etihad Chauffeur is not available for use with complimentary tickets or complimentary upgrades from Economy to Business and/or First Class.
Guests must adhere to the pick-up times given to them. The pick-up time is neither flexible nor negotiable. Drivers will wait for a maximum of 20 minutes, after which the driver will advise the guest and promptly be released for the next assignment.
Etihad Chauffeur service is not available to guests travelling on codeshare flights not operated by Etihad Airways.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:45 am

I had no problem booking a couple days ago with an AA award flight - might need to make sure it's actually been ticketed by AA.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
We have an award for feb 2016 and called eitihad and were able to book the chauffeur service with no issues and received email confirmation within 5 minutes of the call
Old Sep 12, 2015, 1:12 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Will someone please kill off the chauffeur for these freeloaders?

Considering Z class not longer allows the limo, I am really surprised.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OpenSky

How are those freeloaders?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:29 am

Had an AA award ticket for Etihad biz yesterday. Forgot to book the chauffeur service. Went to the lounge before the flight and was able to secure a car upon arrival from AUH-JFK.

Very nice service.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:29 pm

Gonna need to go private to get away from the peasants I'm afraid.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
How are those freeloaders?
to paraphrase an old arab saying - "let the dogs bark, the caravans will pass"

he is some random online malcontent ... just ignore
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:11 am

Someone should move this thread to the AA forum. What does this have to do with EY Guest? This is a unique problem related to AA redemptions on EY metal
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, CX DM, A3 Gold
Does a one-way ticket give you 2 transfers (to the departure airport and from the arrival airport)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.