Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Where can I deposit miles for a flight bough on Etihad and operated by V Australia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where can I deposit miles for a flight bough on Etihad and operated by V Australia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Hi everybody,
I have the following flights:
- EY056: BRU - AUH operated by EY (class L)
- EY450: AUH - SYD operated by EY (class L)
- EY6451: SYD - AUH operated by VA (class L)
- EY57: AUH - BRU operated by EY (class L)
For the flights operated by EY I will credite them with AA (class L: 100% earning)
The doubts concern the flight operated by VA. Where can I credit this flight? It is possible to credit this flight too to AA? If not, are there any other possibilities?
Thanks a lot.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I can think of only couple of options - maybe others can add more.

1. Delta SkyMiles allows you to credit V Australia flights.

2. Any of the Virgin airlines - Virgin Atlantic, Virgin America or Virgin Australia.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot,
This would be great: L earn 100% miles with Delta.
I have still two doubts:
1. In the conditions is written: Virgin Australia International (VA coded only). If I understand well my flight is EY coded (I bought the ticket with EY), but the same flight has obviously also a VA code. Is this VA code taken into consideration if I try to credit the miles to SkyMiles program?
2. The L class for EY can be a different one in VA. But this I think should be less problematic. Also another class in Virgin Australia should be eligeble.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by rosarioit
1. In the conditions is written: Virgin Australia International (VA coded only). If I understand well my flight is EY coded (I bought the ticket with EY), but the same flight has obviously also a VA code. Is this VA code taken into consideration if I try to credit the miles to SkyMiles program?
You will not earn anything in SkyMiles for any flight coded as EY regardless of who actually operates the flight. Only Virgin Australia operated and coded flights (i.e. VA metal, and booked under a VA code) would earn in SkyMiles.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You will not earn anything in SkyMiles for any flight coded as EY regardless of who actually operates the flight. Only Virgin Australia operated and coded flights (i.e. VA metal, and booked under a VA code) would earn in SkyMiles.
Thanks a lot for explaining me the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.