Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HOW EARLY TO AUH for LOUNGE // CHAUFFEUR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
HOW EARLY TO AUH for LOUNGE // CHAUFFEUR

Hi,

We have an upcoming flight from AUH to SYD travelling first apartment. I was hoping someone may be able to advise if there are any restrictions as to what time before the flight we can access the lounge and also book the chauffeur.

Our flight is at 9.55pm and we hope to get a late checkout from the AUH Hilton. I have diamond status so was hoping for 2pm or later. I don't really want to book an extra night at the hotel if I can have a few extra hours in the lounge.

Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 5:37 pm

Sorry for not answer your question but if this is happening before the new F lounge is open I'd tell you to not try and have more time at the lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
No restrictions, as long as they are open you can access it, due to time constraints and other obligations we were there 6 hours prior to our flight last week. Get an extended massage, sit down dinner, take a shower and drink a fair amount and the time will move a little quicker.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:04 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by xcalx
Hi,

We have an upcoming flight from AUH to SYD travelling first apartment. I was hoping someone may be able to advise if there are any restrictions as to what time before the flight we can access the lounge and also book the chauffeur.

Our flight is at 9.55pm and we hope to get a late checkout from the AUH Hilton. I have diamond status so was hoping for 2pm or later. I don't really want to book an extra night at the hotel if I can have a few extra hours in the lounge.

Thanks.
I have just replied to your thread in the Hilton forum. You can book the car many hours early so thats not an issue, & can arrive at AUH pretty much as early as you like. If travelling before May you will be in the Premium (Business) Lounge (with roped off F section) so nothing spectacular. You can get decent food/drink/spa services though. Its a nice facility. If after May - the new F lounge SHOULD be open
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Thanks for the replies.

We are travelling in April so will miss out on the new First lounge. I think I will try for a 5-6pm hotel check out.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Yeah 5-6 should be good. Arriving extra early just to experience the old lounge in AUH is not worth it.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat
We are just back from a trip to SYD, via AUH, we had a stopover at the Hilton Grand, I am also Diamond but the latest we could check out was 12 noon, we left our bags with the concierge and used the free hotel shuttle bus to visit Yas Island, Ferrari World, and the Mall, returning to the hotel for just after 5pm, we had arranged our chauffer for 6pm and were checked into the lounge for 6:30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.