Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inefficient retro claims at Etihad Guest

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
Originally Posted by janbrubel
It is certainly true that the EY miles accreditation is a mess, their software just has too many errors that result in 0 miles given for a certain flight. For me personally, it became an automatism to retro claim after a trip with EY.

On top of that, the retro claims department is extremely inefficient. It seems getting those miles in your account is just trial and error. The only advice I can give is be persistent and keep contacting them, preferably by phone, sooner or later you'll get what you earned. Besides one claim for about 3K miles that is 'only' a few months old, I always got all my miles in the end.

For those of you who got no response at all, the retroclaims email should give you an auto-reply, that doesn't help really but it does let you know they got the mail. Personally I always use the email rather than the online form, that usually gives me an error anyway.
Specifically regarding bid for upgrades (and maybe others), apparently the system isn't geared up to credit the resultant miles/tier miles, it automatically gives you 0 miles because you didn't travel in your previously booked class. Manual intervention is required to put matters right and THAT seems to be where the delays occur.

On the plus side, customer service have always acknowledged the problem on my calls and put in required requests to sort it and responses to my e-mails have been prompt. It took about two months for my miles to be credited as described in this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...ier-miles.html

Where you have been awarded 0 miles you cannot submit a retro claim form from your mileage account, I cannot remember the exact message but it is along the lines of "this flight is already in our system"...which of course it is...having been given 0 miles.

It is frustrating but does get sorted in the end if you chase it. And forewarned is forearmed, I am already geared up to chase my miles if I upgrade some or all of my next EY flights to and fro OZ in a few weeks time.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 9:45 am

Yes, it's a mess. Even worse for me, I've once been credited and later taken back the miles. Have no clue what happened. Email Etihad and still without a reply. Etihad has a poor ground service but incredible hard product. I guess that justifies their 4 star accreditation from Skytrax ;-P
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
I've had the same problem with bidding for upgrades but no credit for the mileage on two occasions. I tried several times by email and by phone to have them follow up but to no avail. Some of the people on the phone were familiar with the issue and understood what had happened and promised to send reminder messages to whichever department has the ability to fix these issues but nothing happened. Finally I just gave up, I had had enough of calling and explaining myself repeatedly, it was just futile. Now I'll have to make a decision next time as to whether bidding for the upgrade is worth it, where I may get the upgrade but lose out on the miles for the sector.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:40 am

Thumbs down

Since I registered after flown I had to email them the copy of my boarding passes. I immediately received an auto-response, a copy of my email without any additional information. After that it's simply silent. I sent another email to follow up and nothing came back. It's just talking to the wall.

I tried to ring them. But there no options for Etihad Guest :-(
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:38 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi bigboss97,

Let us help with this. Kindly send the details via a private message to look into this for you. *ES

Originally Posted by bigboss97
Since I registered after flown I had to email them the copy of my boarding passes. I immediately received an auto-response, a copy of my email without any additional information. After that it's simply silent. I sent another email to follow up and nothing came back. It's just talking to the wall.

I tried to ring them. But there no options for Etihad Guest :-(
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi bigboss97,

Let us help with this. Kindly send the details via a private message to look into this for you. *ES
Thanks, I sent you a private message.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:09 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by bigboss97
Thanks, I sent you a private message.
I can guarantee it to you from now itself that nothing will be done from their end. This has become a rotten practice of EtihadHelp writing stereotyped replies and then transferring the matter back to their useless guest service and nothing eventually comes out. I marvel Etihad for having such a couldn't care less attitude towards their customer and absolutely no respect for loyalty...
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:20 pm

Hi sumayya,

It doesn't sound like you've have a good experience with us and we would like to turn that around and learn more about this.

Our team will be happy to contact you directly to get this resolved for you

To protect your personal information, kindly send your email address to our inbox message and we will be in touch to discuss this further

We hope to hear from you *GW
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:57 pm

It doesn't sound like you've have a good experience with us and we would like to turn that around and learn more about this.

I sincerely hope you can prove otherwise. Thanks for the response anyway.

I just want to mention how smoothly other airline works. Last year I flew the same route Australia - Germany with Emirates. I was asked whether I want to join the reward program at checkin. I received a membership number on a boarding pass card. When I came back I activated my account online and all miles were credited.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:49 pm

Thumbs down

Hi sumayya,

To protect your personal information, kindly send your email address to our inbox message and we will be in touch to discuss this further

We hope to hear from you *GW
Oh really?? I,ve done it more than once and NEVER, repeat, NEVER, got a response or solution....Read what the others have to say on this forum...I,m not the only one....Neither has Etihadhelp nor SocialMedia nor Premium Twitter been able to offer me anything more than a stereotyped reply...In all my years of travel I have NEVER seen this level of indifference from an airline towards their customers....The communications finally reached a cheap level where your staff denied the emails being sent and even mentioned Jet Airways is NOT a partner airline!!! I can even take legal action on this stand but am no longer interested in being a Gold card holder...I,ve had enough
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:19 pm

Hi sumayya, we understand your frustration we would like to look into your case and help you. Please send the details via a private message to be able to assist you. *ES

Originally Posted by sumayya
Oh really?? I,ve done it more than once and NEVER, repeat, NEVER, got a response or solution....Read what the others have to say on this forum...I,m not the only one....Neither has Etihadhelp nor SocialMedia nor Premium Twitter been able to offer me anything more than a stereotyped reply...In all my years of travel I have NEVER seen this level of indifference from an airline towards their customers....The communications finally reached a cheap level where your staff denied the emails being sent and even mentioned Jet Airways is NOT a partner airline!!! I can even take legal action on this stand but am no longer interested in being a Gold card holder...I,ve had enough
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:53 pm

Thumbs up

Hi bigboss97,

Our accounts are credited, thanks so much!

I was very satisfied with Etihad flights. But the online service does have to improve.

When I send my details to retroclaims (according to instruction) the auto-reply should provide me more information, instead of sending me a copy of my own email. It should give me a time frame and a reference number. After certain time if nothing happens then I can inquire again with my reference number, without telling my story again.

I might be lucky that the issue has been resolved via social media so quickly (that I have never expected). The good service should come straight from the company website.

btw, the "Contact Us" [email protected] also like a wall. I did receive a reference number. But then it was quiet.

Again, thank you so much to the Etihad social media team!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:20 am

I can't even log in to my account anymore. Forgot the password and it wont reset.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by ccyao
I can't even log in to my account anymore. Forgot the password and it wont reset.
Hi there, kindly PM us your account details so that we can assist you further.

Thanks *FT
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:06 pm

Etihad Retro Points EPIC FAILURE

I travelled on 20 August 2015 and returned 15 September 2015 Syd/AUH/Berlin then Berlin/AUH/Brisbane with Etihad and Air Berlin. I also took a flight Barcelona to Berlin with Lufthansa in that time.

I received my points for Air Berlin and Lufthansa and even received my FF cards. But I've had to send no less than 25 emails + endless phone calls chasing my Business Class points for the SYD/AUH AND AUH/BNE legs and repeated requests to resend my boarding passes.

Why do they not want to credit me those points? There is something very wrong with the staff excuse "Oh they're based in Abu Dhabi" how is that a valid excuse? I AM NEVER FLYING ETIHAD AGAIN. Even if I wanted to, with my points, I couldn't. Terribly inefficient, hopelessly flawed system and their website NEVER works without crashing. Shame on you Etihad. Airline of the year? I don't think so! I think I might call Nicole Kidman and ask her why the heck she's doing ads for them (in Australia) when they are hopelessly disorganised: economy or business class!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.