Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Unveiling our new global TV commercial"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 1:22 am
Original Poster

"Unveiling our new global TV commercial"

... I assume most of you have received this email as well. Have you clicked on the link in the email? Isn't this the most terrible TV spot you have seen in years? I do not get the message. And the EY livery is not beautiful enough that you would be impressed by the visual of a plane flying by.

From the email:

We are delighted to share with you our latest TV commercial which emphasizes a simple but astounding fact - In our first eight years, more people have switched to Etihad than to any other global airline in history.

http://www.youtube.com/etihadairways

Our campaign highlights the facts and reasons why over 40 million passengers have flown with Etihad Airways - The World’s Leading Airline, in its first 8 years of operation. For instance, did you know that 4,589,548 guests have enjoyed a good sleep in our Pearl Business Class fully flat beds that we have on all our long-haul flights?

If you’d like to discover more such interesting facts about Etihad Airways, just visit etihad.com/why.

Here is your opportunity to be a part of this exciting campaign. If you’ve made the switch already or are here to find out more about why people are switching, we’d like to hear from you and know what’s important to you. Share your stories and the most fascinating one wins a return ticket to any Etihad destination*! Visit our Facebook page to enter this competition.

Isn’t it time you switched to the best?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: QR Platinum; EY Silver; KC Gold
Dreadful. Especially when compared to the very slick 'Hello Tomorrow' campaign recently run by EK.

And the etihad.com/why link doesn't actually say 'why'. Just provides lots of numbers like in some lazy Mail on Sunday story.

I love Eithad, in spite of all its faults, but this doesn't do it or Abu Dhabi any justice.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Anybody know which marketing agency EY has been using for this (if any ...)?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: QF/DJ/SQ/EY
Underwhelming.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:36 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I don't get it....
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Looked at it again, still don't get it ...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Anybody know which marketing agency EY has been using for this (if any ...)?
Probably the same that is handling their status match promo.

Originally Posted by jambo.ie
Underwhelming.
Absolutely.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Agency is M & C Saatchi and commercial was directed by film director Chris Hartwill (from Ridley Scott’s film production company RSA Films).

Saatchi won the account from TBWA Worldwide earlier this year: http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/news/1117395/
Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:13 am

Agency : M&C Saatchi London.
Director: Chris Hartwell
Production Company: RSA (Ridley Scott Associates)
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
People absolutely hate this ad. Just read the comments on Youtube.

I can't believe this thing cost millions of dollars. Next time, please higher Don Draper and the rest of the gang at Sterling Cooper.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 1:55 am
Original Poster

I do not even get used to the clip. Whenever I see it, I actually feel embarrased for EY. The marketing of EK is so smooth and elegant, and EY's clip looks like a ninth-grader high school project ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.