Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Know of any operations-safety issues?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Know of any operations-safety issues?

I have no idea how it relates to the average FT member, but with a big FWIW (For What It's Worth) I thought I'd share this tidbit:

"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted."

PPRuNe(dot org) is "Professional Pilots' Rumor Network", a sweet-sour* place I go because it can provide deep insight into airline operations, some of which might have a negative impact on my accumulation of frequent-flyer miles by damaging me to death.

A separate thread, which only obliqely leads the reader to the above, suggests that the site succombed to pressure from Etihad, which I presume was in response to 'uncomplimentary' discussions. I'm sorry that I never saw any of them myself so can't share anything more useful than this general nit.

*The 'sour' part is that some of the participants have quite a negative attitude toward passengers - we're SLF, or "Self-loading-freight", and sometimes that's clearly not expressed in a complimentary way.

Having gotten past that I personally give some weight to what I read there, with the usual proviso that not every contribution is accurate or useful. Also the pilots take things like "cockpit resource management" (discipline, relationship between pilots, etc), flying skills, and training more seriously than the average FTer might.

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.