Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question for Etihad Limo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by travelkid
If I bring my secretary in Y, would they let her join the car? Talking about AUH specifically, but also in general.
Normally it's fine as long the pick up/drop off are the same.

The driver won't really care -at least most of the time- if it's 2 pax or 1
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Just planning a future trip and have a few questions.

There are 3 of us going to be traveling in our family from BKK-DXB one way in J Class.

As I am making 3 seperate bookings on the website for the 3 of us I assume we can all get a limo each (Prefer Sedans) if we need?

If so would timing all 3 of the limos to collect us at the same time be problematic?

How long before departure and after arrive is collection (or is that something you organise with their team)?

Lastly how long is the drive from AUH-DXB specifically the Jeremiah Beach in DXB (have heard everything from 1hr to 1hr45min as its further out)?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:56 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
You'll find the link company will over you a large limo if you are all being picked up at the same address, or the others can be picked up en route.

You could insist on 3, but you will find that you'll be picked up, and arrive at different times.

Last edited by m0hamed; Nov 17, 2012 at 10:41 pm
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:33 pm

[deleted]
Old Nov 18, 2012, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
You'll find the link company will over you a large limo if you are all being picked up at the same address, or the others can be picked up en route.

You could insist on 3, but you will find that you'll be picked up, and arrive at different times.
Either way with all the luggage we have we need 2 (Sedans not Van). Hopefully the drivers won't be that far apart arriving.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:33 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spizzy
Either way with all the luggage we have we need 2 (Sedans not Van). Hopefully the drivers won't be that far apart arriving.
Unsure about J class, but F class in Australia is a choice of a Holden Statesman (used to be an Audi but has been downgraded) or for 2 or more pax with luggage than a Mercedes Viano.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Just planning a future trip and have a few questions.

There are 3 of us going to be traveling in our family from BKK-DXB one way in J Class.

As I am making 3 seperate bookings on the website for the 3 of us I assume we can all get a limo each (Prefer Sedans) if we need?

If so would timing all 3 of the limos to collect us at the same time be problematic?

How long before departure and after arrive is collection (or is that something you organise with their team)?

Lastly how long is the drive from AUH-DXB specifically the Jeremiah Beach in DXB (have heard everything from 1hr to 1hr45min as its further out)?
I assume you mean BKK-AUH. At AUH there are plenty of limos in line. It has to be prebooked but you organize it on spot. Just go to the desk, and your booking should be ready.

Check out the distance to hotel by google maps but depending of the time of day I doubt the driving time will be that much based on memory.

Last edited by travelkid; Nov 18, 2012 at 6:22 am
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by travelkid
I assume you mean BKK-AUH. At AUH there are plenty of limos in line. It has to be prebooked but you organize it on spot. Just go to the desk, and your booking should be ready.

Check out the distance to hotel by google maps but depending of the time of day I doubt the driving time will be that much based on memory.
Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Thanks
AUH to DXB (Jumeira) is an hour in quiet traffic. Then again, I've also known it take 3 hours. Traffic is unpredictable in the UAE.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 7:23 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
AUH-Jumeirah Hilton should take circa 45/50 mins. Maybe an hour. Traffic can be bad but that's the same as anywhere IME & you would be unlucky for it to take longer than an hour.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Round-trip?

I must not have had enough coffee this morning, so can someone clear this up for me please. I'm flying first class LHR-AUH-LHR. Is the limo service in AUH round-trip? In other words; from the airport to my hotel in Dubai on arrival, and back to the airport on departure? Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by wolf539
I must not have had enough coffee this morning, so can someone clear this up for me please. I'm flying first class LHR-AUH-LHR. Is the limo service in AUH round-trip? In other words; from the airport to my hotel in Dubai on arrival, and back to the airport on departure? Thanks!
Yes.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Yes.
Thanks...!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Are you supposed to receive a confirmation e-mail confirming your pickup from Etihad or the limo company at the time you set up the car service? My reservation was booked as an AA codeshare, operated by EY, and my transportation shows as unconfirmed on EY's website. The call center said I will receive a call from the limo company 48 hours prior to departure, but my concern is that this call will never come, and I'd like to have some proof it was set up. I need to the car service to take my wife and I from AUH to our hotel in Dubai and would hate to arrive in AUH without a car waiting and have to scramble at the last minute to get us to Dubai.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by umaa83
Are you supposed to receive a confirmation e-mail confirming your pickup from Etihad or the limo company at the time you set up the car service? My reservation was booked as an AA codeshare, operated by EY, and my transportation shows as unconfirmed on EY's website. The call center said I will receive a call from the limo company 48 hours prior to departure, but my concern is that this call will never come, and I'd like to have some proof it was set up. I need to the car service to take my wife and I from AUH to our hotel in Dubai and would hate to arrive in AUH without a car waiting and have to scramble at the last minute to get us to Dubai.
I never get any email confirmation. I do usually get a phone call, thought. Be warned, it's literally a "9.30am at your hotel, OK? Great. Bye".

Take a screenshot to show you've booked the car, and if no confirmation comes via phone, you'll be able to get a transfer at the airport anyway. There are always a line of Etihad drivers waiting to take J/F pax as there are so many arriving at any one time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.