Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad Guest Members can now Earn and Redeem Miles on American Airlines

Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

This was probably much more important announcement for AAdvantage customers than Etihad Guest members (imo Etihad has a better route network, better planes, better hard/soft product), but from today you can earn and redeem Etihad Guest Miles on American Airlines' flights:

American Airlines Redemption Table

I'm wondering if we can book American Codeshare flights like SYD-LAX. From the table a first class ticket on AA 7365/AA7364 (operated by Qantas), it would cost 145,000 Etihad Guest Miles, which is a bargain!

EDIT: Just found the rules:

• The values in the redemption table are for one way journeys only. The value for return journeys will be double of the one way value.
• Flight rewards are subject to capacity control which may limit the number of seats available for award travel.
• Miles can be redeemed for all American Airlines, American Eagle and American Connection operated and marketed flights. Both Domestic and International flights are eligible for redemption.
• A minimum of 14 days advance notice is required for a making a reward flight booking.
• Reward tickets can be booked for one way or return journeys.
• A reward ticket for a child will be charged at the same mileage value as for an adult and a reward ticket for an Infant will be at 10% of the adult value.
• Applicable taxes and surcharges will have to be paid at the time of ticket issuance.
• Reward tickets are non refundable.
• Reward tickets are valid for a maximum period of one year from the original date of issue.
• Date changes are possible free of charge within validity and subject to availability.

I assume flights marketed by American Airlines include codeshare flights!

Last edited by SighMN; Oct 27, 2011 at 9:50 pm
Old Oct 29, 2011, 5:29 pm

Can we book flights on Etihad and earn AAdvantage miles as well?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vupadhayay
Can we book flights on Etihad and earn AAdvantage miles as well?

Yes but you wont get tier miles so its probably better to use the program that you fly with most.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Global Entry, United Silver
Thanks very much for posting this. How did you get to the AA redemption table from the EY Global main page? And how does one go about actually booking an AA flight from their Etihad Guest account?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:27 am

Flight to Brazil?

I want to go to Brazil next year, flying out from Brussels. As With AA, I could fly BRU-ATL-GRU. Will I get Etihad miles for this kind of trip or not?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BharatiyaNari
Thanks very much for posting this. How did you get to the AA redemption table from the EY Global main page? And how does one go about actually booking an AA flight from their Etihad Guest account?
Just basically go to the Etihad Guest website select partners and then use the menu to select American Airlines. On that page you should find a link to the redemption table for American Airlines.

You have to call Etihad Guest service centre at least 14 days before you plan to travel and they will book the flights if available.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thinksamuel
I want to go to Brazil next year, flying out from Brussels. As With AA, I could fly BRU-ATL-GRU. Will I get Etihad miles for this kind of trip or not?
Yes you will get Etihad miles, but no status credits or tier bonuses. The only time when you won't get Etihad miles on an AA flights is AA codeshare flights ORD-AUH/YYZ-AUH on Etihad metal.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Global Entry, United Silver
Originally Posted by SighMN
Just basically go to the Etihad Guest website select partners and then use the menu to select American Airlines. On that page you should find a link to the redemption table for American Airlines.

You have to call Etihad Guest service centre at least 14 days before you plan to travel and they will book the flights if available.

Thanks- so there's basically no way to book the AA reward flight online?

Also, did you find out whether you can book that Qantas-operated flight with your EY miles?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BharatiyaNari
Thanks- so there's basically no way to book the AA reward flight online?

Also, did you find out whether you can book that Qantas-operated flight with your EY miles?
I think you can book on Qantas metal as long as its an advertised AA flight.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Where is the AAdvantage Awards on Etihad Master Thread that everyone keeps referring to please???

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ptions-41.html

Go for it !
Old May 4, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The link through to the table for redeeming Etihad Guest miles on American Airlines flights is dead, and searching for a while turns up nothing on the new-look www.etihadguest.com. Anyone got any idea where (if anywhere) I can find it?

Also, any experiences redeeming on American? Any reliable way of checking availability? Does Etihad's ability to book depend on MilesAAver awards being available (verifiable via www.aa.com), for example?
Old May 5, 2014, 6:35 am

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Exclamation

You can find the link at etihadguest by clicking EARN at the top rather than redeem.
Then look for partner airlines then AA, then redeeming miles.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I was looking at the EY earning tables to see how we could top off our family account this year. We have some WY J flights and then AUH-LHR in F on EY, but I was surprised to see that our EY accounts are actually a decent place to credit domestic AA flights. All economy classes receive 100% credit.
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...ican-airlines/
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:59 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Etihad Airways

Dear stephem,

Our team would be happy to help and assist, kindly contact them and they will be happy to help; [email protected]

Kind regards *GW

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.