Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates.com - how to find out what class of booking?

Old Jan 8, 2009, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold

Hello: I could not find this answer searching thro FT emirates forum.

when I book a ticket (e.g., JFK-DXB-XXX) on emirates.com, how do I find out what class the ticket books into?
Once I finish choosing my flights, the website goes to a page with all the chosen flights plus the dollar amount. But, the fare rules / restrictions tab does not tell what booking class is the fare. (I am looking at economy fares).

Please educate.
Sorry if this subject has been talked about before.

Edited to add: I did call customer service in the US. They were mostly unhelpful. They kept saying it books in "economy class". I dont think they understood what I was trying to figure out.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:50 am

Good question. I was wondering that the other day.

From the eticket receipt there's no telling if you're booked in Q, Y, B, H or any of the other classes collectively known as Y.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Yes. No help from Emirates CS.
Hope someone replies on this board.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: DJ Velocity, Skywards
Hi there

It's on the E-ticket reciept, the first letter of the bold bit is the fare class.

MEL EK X/DXB EK LON505.05WEFTPAU4EK X/DXB EK MEL505.05WEFTPAU4 NUC1010.10 XT AUD26.10WY AU89.00GB AUD43.90UB END ROE1.424648

Cheers
vflyer
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Option 2:

Find the same fare at http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Find the same fare and ITA will show you the fare class. However, this will not work for fares exclusively on the Emirates website.

Cheers,

Last edited by sadiqhassan; Jan 13, 2009 at 8:13 pm Reason: correction
Old Jan 13, 2009, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks vflyer and sadiqhassan.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 6:59 am

Thanks guys
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: CO Silver
Originally Posted by vflyer
Hi there

It's on the E-ticket reciept, the first letter of the bold bit is the fare class.

MEL EK X/DXB EK LON505.05WEFTPAU4EK X/DXB EK MEL505.05WEFTPAU4 NUC1010.10 XT AUD26.10WY AU89.00GB AUD43.90UB END ROE1.424648

Cheers
vflyer
HOU EK X/DXB Q165.00 EK BOM863.04YHW6MUS4/-BLR EK X /DXB EK HOU Q165.00 889.92YHX6MUS4 NUC2082.96 IAH3E ND ROE1.00

Does it mean the above is a Y fare on both the inbound and outbound legs?
Old Dec 8, 2010, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by mandarappmath
Yes, I believe it does.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

HOU EK X/DXB Q165.00 EK BOM863.04YHW6MUS4/-BLR EK X /DXB EK HOU Q165.00 889.92YHX6MUS4 NUC2082.96 IAH3E ND ROE1.00

Sure seems like it. So, this must be a pretty flexible if not fully flexible fare.
DO you have your fare rules by chance?.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by snod08
Sure seems like it. So, this must be a pretty flexible if not fully flexible fare.
DO you have your fare rules by chance?.
I do have the fare rules. Anything in particular I should be looking at? Also when I go to manage my booking on emirates.com I get "Use your Skywards Miles to upgrade to a higher class''. However I am not a Skywards member....I know sigh.... Also it asks me Please enter the advance passenger details before upgrading the booking.

I have been previously told the CO Silver will not help here...so not sure what to do.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:28 pm

I do have the fare rules. Anything in particular I should be looking at? Also when I go to manage my booking on emirates.com I get "Use your Skywards Miles to upgrade to a higher class''. However I am not a Skywards member....I know sigh.... Also it asks me Please enter the advance passenger details before upgrading the booking.

I have been previously told the CO Silver will not help here...so not sure what to do.
Join Skywards. Even more so if you think you'll use Emirates again. This trip will earn you 19,500 miles which would be enough to upgrade one of the shorter legs on this itinerary. Even if this is a one off with Emirates you could get a nice trinket from The Emirates High Street with the miles, or you could enter them in their monthly raffle for a pair of Business Class tickets.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold

Agree with ft101 but wanted to point out this isn't like some other programs where you can only upgrade from a fully flex Y fare. You can upgrade from any fare using Skywards miles.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Join Skywards. Even more so if you think you'll use Emirates again. This trip will earn you 19,500 miles which would be enough to upgrade one of the shorter legs on this itinerary. Even if this is a one off with Emirates you could get a nice trinket from The Emirates High Street with the miles, or you could enter them in their monthly raffle for a pair of Business Class tickets.
Very good advice.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 9:21 am

Thank you Gurus for your inputs!

I had a question about the following comment.

Originally Posted by ft101
This trip will earn you 19,500 miles which would be enough to upgrade one of the shorter legs on this itinerary.
I am using the mileage calculator on

http://www.skywards.com/Mileage_Calculator.aspx#blue

and I am getting 16800 miles.

IAH-DXB-BOM
BLR-DXB-IAH

(BOM-BLR will not be on emirates)

am I missing something?

Last edited by mandarappmath; Dec 9, 2010 at 9:32 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.