Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How many passengers will a chauffeur car take

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 5:02 am
Original Poster

I will be traveling from SYD to AKL (as part of an extended itinerary so the car service is valid) later in the year in F. I have a couple of mates who will be flying in Y on the same flight. Are they able to grab a lift in the car service with me?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 24, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by scwappy
I will be traveling from SYD to AKL (as part of an extended itinerary so the car service is valid) later in the year in F. I have a couple of mates who will be flying in Y on the same flight. Are they able to grab a lift in the car service with me?

Thanks in advance
Yes most certainly!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by ung1
Yes most certainly!
My experience is quite different. You are NOT permitted any guests unless they are also eligible for Chauffeur Drive in their own right and on the same flight as you.

See Terms & Conditions.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Have had some issues with the Guests part in LAX & SFO but SYD or AKL will not be a problem for sure.

Just be nice & do not try to impose it & it will work out ok.

Safe Flying

EGT
Old Mar 24, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I have never had problems at YYZ, LHR or DXB.

Our record was 5 passengers and 5 bags in a minivan with only 1 eligible passenger. EK was hesitant to send a minivan at first but then did so.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Our record was 5 passengers and 5 bags in a minivan with only 1 eligible passenger. EK was hesitant to send a minivan at first but then did so.
It is abuse like this which makes it harder for legitimate folks to get exceptions. Hardly a "record" to be proud enough of to brag on an internet forum...
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:47 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
I've never had a problem at SIN either. The companies that EK use in ports such as SIN, MEL, MUC etc are all contract companies and I honestly think they don't care how many people ride with you.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B
It is abuse like this which makes it harder for legitimate folks to get exceptions. Hardly a "record" to be proud enough of to brag on an internet forum...
How is it abuse if it's the one car you'd be entitled to anyway? If you're traveling with someone and they're on the same flight, I don't see how this is costing EK anything more.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by ung1
How is it abuse if it's the one car you'd be entitled to anyway? If you're traveling with someone and they're on the same flight, I don't see how this is costing EK anything more.
I'm playing devil's advocate here but they could reason that they're less likely to purchase or upgrade to a premium cabin if they're getting the same ground services for free.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver, Miles & Bonus Gold, BD Diamond Blue
Originally Posted by chewy3
I'm playing devil's advocate here but they could reason that they're less likely to purchase or upgrade to a premium cabin if they're getting the same ground services for free.
Think there must be a reasonable middle ground here. An extra 1 or 2 guests would not be a problem for sure, as mentioned before it doesnt make much difference to the contracted car transfer staff.

However I am inclined to believe making a specific request for a minivan when only 1 is a paying passenger and the rest of the large group are freeloading is taking the mickey!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by chewy3
I can buy that argument for something like giving Gold's free Chauffeur drive in Y, which is something Etihad did for a short time.

In this case however, I don't see how or why someone would spend hundreds or thousands of extra $ to save on a cab ride that will cost you under $50. And the only reason someone is availing of the service for free is because one of them DID pay for the J/ F fare.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
How? We weren't breaking any rules or costing EK anything additional. " If EK would have said no, we would have obliged. Another time (when flying WY not EK) EY said they would only sent a regular car. Three people + bags came in the car while the remaining two came in the underground.

If everyone fit in the car how is this different from just one extra pax?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by vieri_c

However I am inclined to believe making a specific request for a minivan when only 1 is a paying passenger and the rest of the large group are freeloading is taking the mickey!
We told EK we had 5 passengers and 5 bags and requested a minivan. They said they would find out if this is allowed and called us back later to say it was fine.

Any guilt I would have had would have been washed out by the multiple other times when we qualify for 5 cars (which is 90% of the time... the above time was the exception when J only had 1 seat left) but only use one car.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:22 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
We told EK we had 5 passengers and 5 bags and requested a minivan. They said they would find out if this is allowed and called us back later to say it was fine.

Any guilt I would have had would have been washed out by the multiple other times when we qualify for 5 cars (which is 90% of the time... the above time was the exception when J only had 1 seat left) but only use one car.
You did not do anything wrong there.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, GGL, Virgin Silver, Skywards Platinum, SPG VIP
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
You did not do anything wrong there.
Agree. ^

You asked and they obliged. Nothing wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.