Emirates 2008 New Routes?

Subscribe
Any guesses on what new routes EK will launch in 2008? If the delivery of the A380s comes on time, I am guessing that they can launch quite a few.

Cheers,
It will really be interesting what new routes they come up with, especially with some of their A380s no?
I was wondering just when and how many A380 are scheduled for next year, it is very hard to do much with one A380, I mean they need to put it on a schedule that brings it back to DXB within 22Hrs so it can do the same the next day and hope [with crossed fingers] it does not go U/S.

When the get two or three they probably start to put them on routes that are in heavy demand and free up smaller aircraft for new routes.

BB
My guesses...

SFO, LAX, GIG, EZE, MAD, CPH, DKR, CPT, TPE
Quote: My guesses...

Yes, try more cities MIA, IAD, ORD, YYC, YVR, ATL, or EWR. It would be good possibility for EK will gets more new cities in 2008. Please hold your breath!

A daily service to CPT was confirmed in a newspaper article here today. ^ No indication of when it will start though.
OSL. Norwegians are probably the "frequentest flyers" in the world. OSL has nearly as many passengers per year as CPH, and more than ARN, but OSL is notoriously underserved when it comes to intercontinental services. Local carrier SAS has no intercontinentals, but prefers feeding into CPH/ARN/FRA (for *A partner LH). The only intercontinentals are CO to EWR and PK to Islamabad/Lahore for VFF-traffic for the significant Pakistani-Norwegian minority in OSL.

If EK were to offer a flight to OSL it would probably take many of the passengers now using SK/LH, AY, KL, AF or BA to connect towards Asia/Australia. A EK CPH flight wouldn't really grab the huge Norwegian market, and at CPH EK would have to compete with SKs direct Dubai flight, as well as SK, TG and SQ when it comes to eastbound intercontinentals.

If CPH makes the cut, I will be happy.
Is Djibouti (JIB) an option? Or is this hotel just dreaming?
http://www.kempinski-djibouti.com/en...?item_id=22010
Quote:
Emirates Airlines and Lufthansa will be flying to Djibouti soon
Given that Dubai has bought both Djibouti's port and airport, it looks like a "natural" destination for EK albeit the market should be better served with a smaller aircraft like A320 that EK don't operate.
Top priority is USA. I think LAX (Los Angeles), SFO (San Fransisco), ORD (Chicago O Hare). WOuld be interesting if it began MIA (Miami). I think this might be seasonal (Saudi operated a similar service to Orlando).
I read that CPH (Copenhagen) was slated to start 2005 but didn't because of the Prophet Muhammed cartoon controversy, which led to frosty relations between Arab countries and Denmark (UAE takes a conservative stance on such issues).
EK should also think about expanding into more Middle East/North African cities, particularly Egypt. Maybe SSH (Sharm el Sheikh), HRG (Hurghada) or LXR (Luxor).
more frequency is what i want.. and bigger aircraft on the routes.

extra destination, well BCN, ALG, TUN direct
bvms asks:

about possibility of Emirates extending:

1) ek 133 /134Domodedovo route to Kiev Ukraine v/versa
2) ek 348 /349 Jakarta route to Bali-v/versa
3) ek 432/433 auckland route 2 Fiji-r onwards 2 hawaii n mainland L.A v/versa?
4) ek route dxb-houston extension to L.A-v/versa
5) ek route dxb ord v/versa on cards?
6) around the world with ek soon possible?
7) dxb-cpt soon?
8) sfo.mia.ewd,cpt,dbn too?
1. Adding Kiev en route to Demodedovo. Unlikely to happen in 2008 although there is a large number of Eastern Europeans in Dubai.
2. Bali. Dubai's shown no signs of targeting those touristy cities. I doubt it'll happen.
3. Fiji. Unlikely. Lack of long-haul equipment. Plus, LAX will probably be direct.
4.No Houston-Los Angeles extension. LAX will probably be direct.
5. ORD is very likely. EK's keen on accessing US cities soon.
6.CPT is most likely scheduled to start 1st quarter 2008.
7. MIA, SFO likely. DBN no idea.
Miami is a question of if, not when. And it definitely will not be seasonal:

http://news.cheapflights.com/airline...dubai-fli.html
DBN very likley
I spoke to a senior Emirates employee and as the 2010 football worldcup is being held in SA and Emirates is one of the main sponsors DBN and CPT must be served. Emirates preferrs DBN as presently the only international flight outside africa is MRU. Emirates would be able to attract people who would want to fly to Europe allbeit via Dubai as these people already need to fly via either JHB or CPT. CPT already has direct flights to Europe so Emirates would be another in a long list of airlines to choose from whearas in DBN it will have none. Any thoughts comments?