Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:29 am

Fortunately, one was
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Jet Airways JetPrivilege Platinum
How is 11A on the A380?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Has anyone found the air con in the front A380 Y cabin a bit more overbearing than the other cabins?
DXB lounge in concourse B whilst usually quite warm is hotter than outside this morning. Id take overbearing air con any time!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:05 am

A question for the EK A380 J regulars:

Will be on the overnight EK404 flight from SIN-MEL in J - being my first time on a longer flight in EK J - and can't decide between 7A and 23A. I understand 7A is the quieter of the two being so forward of the aircraft, and will also be among the first to receive meal service. While 2/3 of the flight will be flown in darkness I was hoping to catch views of the morning arrival into MEL, but the wing of course completely obstructs that. In practice is 23A affected by noise and light from the rear bar, toilets and galley? I like that it's a quick walk to the bar and toilets from 23A should I need to use the facilities, but don't want my rest disrupted.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:10 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by eminere

Will be on the overnight EK404 flight from SIN-MEL in J - being my first time on a longer flight in EK J - and can't decide between 7A and 23A. I understand 7A is the quieter of the two being so forward of the aircraft, and will also be among the first to receive meal service. While 2/3 of the flight will be flown in darkness I was hoping to catch views of the morning arrival into MEL, but the wing of course completely obstructs that. In practice is 23A affected by noise and light from the rear bar, toilets and galley? I like that it's a quick walk to the bar and toilets from 23A should I need to use the facilities, but don't want my rest disrupted.
I personally have never noticed any excess noise sitting in 23A/K and would choose with of these seats over any other in J on the A380 (3 class).

S
eminere likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum

Another vote for 23A/K. In fact my husband and I will often take these two seats on overnight flights instead of the "couples" seat in the middle.
eminere likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:12 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK

Row 23 is fine w.r.t. 'lounge noise', we have used 23E/F several times. Remember that row 23 is 3 rows away from the bar and on a 380 that is quite a distance.
I was in 26 two weeks ago and that was not good! I think 26B must be the worst J seat on the 380.
eminere likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:19 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Never having flown on a 2 class 777, are the J seats any different from the 3 class? The seating chart on the EK website talks about 'sleeperettes', which sounds ominous.

Mrs t is booked on EK772 on 11/10. Was a 3 class, had her in 7K ^. Now a 2 class, she is in 6K with no other window seats (she prefers them) available.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Never having flown on a 2 class 777, are the J seats any different from the 3 class? The seating chart on the EK website talks about 'sleeperettes', which sounds ominous.

Mrs t is booked on EK772 on 11/10. Was a 3 class, had her in 7K ^. Now a 2 class, she is in 6K with no other window seats (she prefers them) available.
Lots of CPT flights being swapped recently. The times I've been in J on a 777 2-class (3 or 4 times) they've been identical seats, the cabin overall is actually nicer than the 3-class in my opinion
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:17 am

The seating chart on the EK website talks about 'sleeperettes', which sounds ominous.

The sleeperettes were a J product on Airbus 330s and 340s so no longer around.

Row 6 is in a cabin of it's own, and although the newer aircraft are more open, it has been reported that this row gets "forgotten" about due to this.

There are also bassinettes there, and immediately behind it in the first row of Economy.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by ft101

Row 6 is in a cabin of it's own, and although the newer aircraft are more open, it has been reported that this row gets "forgotten" about due to this.

There are also bassinettes there, and immediately behind it in the first row of Economy.
In the ones that I have seen the last row is on it's own,but no galley or toilets between it and the rest of the J cabin, just a larger open space where the crew put out some snacks, in a way it's the most "airy" row. There may be other 2-class configs though that I'm not aware of.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
In the ones that I have seen the last row is on it's own,but no galley or toilets between it and the rest of the J cabin, just a larger open space where the crew put out some snacks, in a way it's the most "airy" row. There may be other 2-class configs though that I'm not aware of.
The original layout was a regular galley that blocked Row 6 off completely. I'm not sure of when the change cut in.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:56 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by ft101

Yes, I have noticed this 'super private cabin'.
3, 4, and 5K are all 'blocked' according to EF. I have called EK but they are adamant they can't free one of them up for me. Will try OLCI immediately at 48 hrs (am I right thinking that I can OLCI for both legs 48 hours before departure of the first one?) and see if anything in the front cabin is available.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:14 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Oh well, the plot thickens as they say. I guess the best will be to await mrs t's feedback....
( I have informed her that op-ups are out of the question )
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:12 am

Yes, I have noticed this 'super private cabin'.
3, 4, and 5K are all 'blocked' according to EF. I have called EK but they are adamant they can't free one of them up for me. Will try OLCI immediately at 48 hrs (am I right thinking that I can OLCI for both legs 48 hours before departure of the first one?) and see if anything in the front cabin is available.
Yes 48hrs before first leg for entire segment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.