Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by m3red
There's no window directly by you but there is one next to that. It's the best seat in j as it's in the private mini cabin with just 2 rows.

Most of the flight the window is shut anyway as films are on and the windows make it hard to watch.

Thanks m3red - I was thinking the same. I'm not a window watcher anyway so think I will stick with 7A/B
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:12 am

It's the best seat in j as it's in the private mini cabin with just 2 rows.
Agreed on Row 7. J seat for me.

Originally Posted by vytas315
Is it even preferable to row 7?
ICE screen on the bulkhead wall and a chance of getting moved for a bassinet, so it's a no.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Agreed on Row 7. J seat for me.

ICE screen on the bulkhead wall and a chance of getting moved for a bassinet, so it's a no.
Row 6 is to be avoided as above.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Seat 7A in 3 class A380

Hi

Does anybody know if this seat has a window ?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:19 am

According to Seatguru this seat is above the wing. I cannot see whether it has a window, but due to the spacious nature of F or J you'll have access to a window anyway, to look at the sky. Due to the wing you cannot look downward, only via the camera mounted on the belly which can be viewed with the IFE.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:48 am

You may be thinking of 7A in the B777 as this is missing a window. You have to lean well forward to see out the other one. You should be able to see the A380 seat 7A here, complete with plenty of windows.

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.2428...7i13312!8i6656
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
It has two windows.
As you are above the beginning of the wing, the view is not really blocked by the wing.
Note that 7A is next to FCL lav. It is not used often, but, you may have many JCL pax trying to get there (by ignorance).
7K will be better if you have the choice.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902
Note that 7A is next to FCL lav. It is not used often, but, you may have many JCL pax trying to get there (by ignorance).
Toilet is at 7K on the one in the streetview walk through I linked to. Maybe different on newer models?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902
It has two windows.
As you are above the beginning of the wing, the view is not really blocked by the wing.
7k is the one near the f class loo.

I've found on recent flights they lock it to stop j pax using it.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
7k is the one near the f class loo.

I've found on recent flights they lock it to stop j pax using it.
Correct. Sorry mistype.
7K is next to lav. No lav near 7A.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Good to know, thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by daisymay2
Good to know, thanks!
Note that you won't be right next to the lav like 6G - there is a large storage space used by the F crew to store things like magazines and menus between you are the bulkhead attached to your seat.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:10 am

Anyone got a view on 4A?

Last seats available are 3 a and 4A (there are 2 of us) and I've sat everywhere else except there.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:13 am

Anyone got a view on 4A?

Last seats available are 3 a and 4A (there are 2 of us) and I've sat everywhere else except there.
Depends on your view of galley noise - it's the most private with regards to the rest of the cabin, but the galley can see in.

If you want to chat with the crew, it's very convenient though.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Depends on your view of galley noise - it's the most private with regards to the rest of the cabin, but the galley can see in.

If you want to chat with the crew, it's very convenient though.
I might give it a go and put Mrs in 3A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.