Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Hi all, have the following booked for early JAN in C.

im not too fussed for the 773 leg as its only really hour flight. For the 388 flights I'm in 20K which near the back of the first, more open part of the C cabin. id prefer the more private near window "pod" but does anyone have an opinion on 20K? is it far enough away from the bar which i guess can get noise at some tines.

EK848 - DOH to DXB 9K (773)
EK215 - DXB to LAX 20K (388)
EK226 - SFO to DXB 20K (388)
EK845 - DXB to DOH 9K (773)
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:15 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kelix
does anyone have an opinion on 20K? is it far enough away from the bar which i guess can get noise at some tines.
20K on the A380 is quite far up (its in the first minicabin and not the second) and you should have absolutely no issues with Bar noise. My personal favorite is 23A/K which is what I have chosen for my upcoming JFK trip and bar noise is not an issue even there.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jackiedada
20K on the A380 is quite far up (its in the first minicabin and not the second) and you should have absolutely no issues with Bar noise. My personal favorite is 23A/K which is what I have chosen for my upcoming JFK trip and bar noise is not an issue even there.
even that close to the bassinet?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kelix
even that close to the bassinet?
I've rarely had a baby in 22, and on the one occasion that there was, she was fairly quite. As the father of a 3 year old, I actually tolerate babies quite well (ill-behaved kids are an altogether different matter, and you'll find them in F as well).
Old Dec 24, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: EK Gold, Asia Miles, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ceejay_za
Any recommendations for J seats on a 777-300ER? I'm surprised at how full the flights are, but have managed to get aisle seats for all 4 segments (CPT - LGW). I've selected 7B on 2 segments, 7D on the other two - anything in particular I should be aware of, or better seats I should try to get?

I'm not worried about meal choices, etc, as I have a special meal; my biggest consideration is having enough space around me (which I imagine shouldn't be a problem in any J seat).
I flew 7A on 3 legs a couple weeks ago (DXB-MLE, MLE-DXB and DXB-SEA) and would pick this seat again. You get the smaller cabin between F and the galley and the window wasn't as bad as some people have made it sound. Keep in mind, some 77w's will have one forward window and a rear window just behind your seat. The plane I flew to SEA did not have the rear window.

Only complaint I have is the noise from the galley throughout the flight so I would recommend earplugs if you're a light sleeper.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Any noise has never caused me any problems. Always 23 if available.
Out of curiosity, what do you like about row 23? I.e., what is the benefit of being in the smaller cabin? I really only see downsides (close to the bassinet, closer to the bar (so more traffic going back and forth, even if you can't hear the bar noise)). I understand meal service starts in the back, so maybe that's a factor, though the difference between 23 and 20 seems marginal at that point. Also, if you're in the front of the main cabin no one is really walking back and forth, as I understand it.

I know seating preferences are personal, and I would appreciate input as to why you like row 23. Many thanks and happy holidays all!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:26 pm

I always go for A or K, so a window seat with aisle access. The layout (minibar etc) means you are distanced from the aisle so oblivious to any traffic, unlike the B or J seats. The small size of the cabin gives a sense of exclusiveness.

Meal service timing is often complained about, but my tactic is to be in the bar until I see them approach my seat, for which row 23 is perfect.

Babies in Row 22 don't bother me if I'm in the bar. Row 20 might be worse for baby noise, as although Seatguru doesn't show them, there are 3 bassinets in Row 21 on the seatmap I'm looking at.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
First time flying the EK A380. Looking at 7K which seems to be a decent seat. Are there any problems I should be aware of with it? I'll be traveling alone.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:52 am

In order to avoid repetitive questions, I've created a wiki for this forum and have input what little information I know. I think this could be a tremendous resource if folks could kindly update with any information they have. Feel free to modify the structure if you have a better idea, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on something.

Cheers!
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: EK-BA-HH-Amex Plat-Gold KLM Starwood
Traveling on EK 026- Boeing 777-300ER Any seating advice?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: Skywards Blue,Liberty Lifestyle Rewards
Travelling on the 777, (I like the seats at the back of the first economy cabin) and the A380. I've never flown the A380 (EXCITED!!) flying on this trip, any recommendations?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
First time flying the EK A380. Looking at 7K which seems to be a decent seat. Are there any problems I should be aware of with it? I'll be traveling alone.
Yes miles away from the toilets which are right at the back past the bar.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Well here we go. Just my personal opinion, based on actual real live experience!

Bus Class - 777's - I prefer the bulkhead 6K or 6A. Lots of space. I can't book them in advance as I'm not Ukrainian, but I am sometimes able to score them at check-in.

Otherwise, I find that bulkhead 8A is good, because EK tries to steer you away from it, but it's really quite nice and quiet, being in the corner.

Why Class - 777's - only a couple of seats cut the mustard, IMHO. The aisle seats in the first row of 2+4+2 at the back. Lots of legroom and a (virtual) whole empty seat next to you. Otherwise they're all crap if the plane is full. Another benefit of these seats is that they have a metal casing around them, so it is more difficult for big people to usurp your space (well that's another huge story...).

Why Class - 380's - only decent seats are 68A and K, which are also exit row seats, so if you're not Ukrainian your chances are a million to one...

Bus Class - 380's - any seat is OK apart from near the pub at the back. But one day one of these beasts is going to fall out of the sky, I think. (I avoid them - 500 people in one metal tube - it's not seemly).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Budley
Well here we go. Just my personal opinion, based on actual real live experience!

Bus Class - 777's - I prefer the bulkhead 6K or 6A. Lots of space. I can't book them in advance as I'm not Ukrainian, but I am sometimes able to score them at check-in.

Otherwise, I find that bulkhead 8A is good, because EK tries to steer you away from it, but it's really quite nice and quiet, being in the corner.

Why Class - 777's - only a couple of seats cut the mustard, IMHO. The aisle seats in the first row of 2+4+2 at the back. Lots of legroom and a (virtual) whole empty seat next to you. Otherwise they're all crap if the plane is full. Another benefit of these seats is that they have a metal casing around them, so it is more difficult for big people to usurp your space (well that's another huge story...).

Why Class - 380's - only decent seats are 68A and K, which are also exit row seats, so if you're not Ukrainian your chances are a million to one...

Bus Class - 380's - any seat is OK apart from near the pub at the back. But one day one of these beasts is going to fall out of the sky, I think. (I avoid them - 500 people in one metal tube - it's not seemly).
Could you elaborate on your Ukrainian insinuation? I am generally offered the bulkhead seats at check-in as platinum if I arrive relatively early (2.5hr)...

It is inevitable that there will be an accident involving an A380, just look at QF32 in Nov 2010 - but I'm not sure whether having 500 people in the tube makes it more likely to be involved in a fatal accident...

Still, the 777 safety record is enviable and the A380 doesn't have a long enough service record so the jury is out on that one!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Could you elaborate on your Ukrainian insinuation? I am generally offered the bulkhead seats at check-in as platinum if I arrive relatively early (2.5hr)...

It is inevitable that there will be an accident involving an A380, just look at QF32 in Nov 2010 - but I'm not sure whether having 500 people in the tube makes it more likely to be involved in a fatal accident...

Still, the 777 safety record is enviable and the A380 doesn't have a long enough service record so the jury is out on that one!
Well said, sir (I assume it's sir). As a humble Gold, I've never been offered anything (but I am lifetime Exec Plat with UA, so I'm not an entire novice).

My reference to Ukraine was meant to imply that if you have mates in the business, all rules are out the window...

Accidents. What about wing cracks? Can't be good. And furthermore, I was a senior executive with the Civil Aviation Authority, so I might know the teeniest thing about aircraft. For example, the B777 is one of the very safest in the skies, because it is a good deign and well screwed together.

But who cares?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.