Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Was just on a DEL-DXB flight EK 517.

Aircraft: 772 (old version)
Seats: 1. 12 seats in F (2x2x2; 2 rows). I actually mistook F seat to be a J seat. Awkward situation it was! I would not recommend paying extra for F on this flight (which I almost did).

2. 42 seats in J (2x3x2; 6 rows): Try getting a bulkhead in the mini J-cabin (row 6). It feels much more private (more like the F cabin they have in the aircraft).

3. 236 seats in Y (3x4x3; about 21 rows; 22 rows for the middle 4 seats): Took a quick peek at the Y cabin. Try to snag a seat in the 18th row, if you can!

My experience: I was in seat 8K, which is a bulkhead J seat, in the larger J cabin. The seat is perfectly ok for a 3-4 hours flight. However, I would not recommend that for a flight any longer than the said duration. Most comfy position, IMO, is when the seat is in the reclining position.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:54 pm

Flying PER-DUBAI on Emirates 777 - I am a big bloke and have my mum in the seat next to me. Want to raise the armrest between us both and between myself and the aisle.

Is that possible??

Will be in Economy..

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by Tony Be
Flying PER-DUBAI on Emirates 777 - I am a big bloke and have my mum in the seat next to me. Want to raise the armrest between us both and between myself and the aisle.

Is that possible??

Will be in Economy..

Thanks
If you are in a row where you can raise the armrest you will be able to raise the armrest between your mum and yourself. You may not want to raise the armrest between yourself and the aisle, even if it is possible, as there are numerous reports of people being clobbered by the serving carts even with their armrests down. The emirates Y seats on the 777 are notoriously narrow.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Airvan00
If you are in a row where you can raise the armrest you will be able to raise the armrest between your mum and yourself. You may not want to raise the armrest between yourself and the aisle, even if it is possible, as there are numerous reports of people being clobbered by the serving carts even with their armrests down. The emirates Y seats on the 777 are notoriously narrow.

Hey Airman

Thank you - any ideas which ones allow the armrests to rise - both the aisle and between the chairs? I read the ones at the back 3 rows don't - any ideas which ones do?

Thanks again
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Tony Be
Thank you - any ideas which ones allow the armrests to rise - both the aisle and between the chairs? I read the ones at the back 3 rows don't - any ideas which ones do?
If you look at the seat selection chart in Manage A Booking, the aisle seats coloured dark blue, and labelled as disabled accessible, have armrests that move. In between seats, they all move except exit/bulkhead rows I think.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
If you look at the seat selection chart in Manage A Booking, the aisle seats coloured dark blue, and labelled as disabled accessible, have armrests that move. In between seats, they all move except exit/bulkhead rows I think.
They used by FA's to allow disabled passengers into the seats. I have yet to see any passenger manage to lift one on their own.

Besides, even if he does manage to get it up, are you allowed to encroach into the aisle space, even if a little bit?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: EK Gold, DL Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ahmed777
They used by FA's to allow disabled passengers into the seats. I have yet to see any passenger manage to lift one on their own.

Besides, even if he does manage to get it up, are you allowed to encroach into the aisle space, even if a little bit?
Assuming he can get the arm rest up (it is rather fickle), I would imagine it would be the same situation as when I'm in an aisle seat and my shoulder sticks out into the aisle (yay broad shoulders?). Anything that can hit you will hit you.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
A380 seat 81A / 81K

I found the answer to my question in another thread (through google, since searching for 81A or 81K in this forum did not return any hits)

Last edited by DuMaInSin; Nov 7, 2014 at 3:29 am
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
Does anyone know whether there is indeed a different configuration of the A380 which has the normal 3-4-3 config in row 80?
The newer config A380 have seats in row 80A and K and so 81A and K are no longer classified as exit row seats. Their config is 14F/76J/429Y LH n 14F/76J/401Y ULH where as the older ones are 14F/76J/427Y LH n 14F/76J/399Y ULH.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
A380 seat 67D / 67G

Thanks jackiedada. I had meanwhile found the answer but thanks anyway for your quick reply.

I am now looking at seat 67G instead. I am aware of the proximity to the lavatory and the traffic of people crossing over to the other side of the plane, but for a 7 hours flight on which I do not intend to sleep I think I can handle that.

Interestingly, on the seat map of EK148 seats 67DEFG are not marked as bassinet seats, contrary to all other bulkhead seats on this flight. On the next leg (EK354) 67E and 67F are marked as bassinet seats.

My question is: is 67G a good choice or is there still a risk to be moved somewhere else if bassinet seats are needed, despite the fact that these seats are not indicated as such on the seat map?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
My question is: is 67G a good choice or is there still a risk to be moved somewhere else if bassinet seats are needed, despite the fact that these seats are not indicated as such on the seat map?
I usually (always) avoid the bulkhead seats. There isnt as much leg space in DEFG as the ABC/HJK. And armrests are fixed making the seat narrower.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Originally Posted by jackiedada
I usually (always) avoid the bulkhead seats. There isnt as much leg space in DEFG as the ABC/HJK. And armrests are fixed making the seat narrower.
There is less leg space, as with a normal seat you are able to usually stretch your feet out underneath the seat in front. With bulkheads this is not possible.

Also, does anyone know why there is that odd hole in the bulkhead in between the last row of J and the front Y cabin bulkhead on the 777? It is open for take-off/landing, but closed for the flight. It is such a small gap, what could it possibly be for? Surely it serves no purpose, as J passengers would want it closed for privacy.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:33 pm

I searched the thread, so please forgive if a repost.

I am flying JFK-MXP. Are the two seats together towards the back, instead of the 3 ok? Are they less roomy (not that economy is roomy anyways) than the 3 wide? Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by gtrain83
I searched the thread, so please forgive if a repost.

I am flying JFK-MXP. Are the two seats together towards the back, instead of the 3 ok? Are they less roomy (not that economy is roomy anyways) than the 3 wide? Thanks.
Same as normal economy seats, you just have a wider aisle.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:10 am

A380 20 e&f b777-300er 7a&b

Traveling from MAN to SIN on A380 & from SYD - MAN also on A380 our TA has assigned us 20 E&F I know as a couple E&F are the seats closest together & that's OK just unsure if row 20 is OK. From what I have read they serve C class from the front, should we move further forward?

We also have a leg from CHC to SYD on B777-300ER & are in row 7 A&B have read that these have offset window again should we move or for the 3+ hour flight is it not a major issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.