Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada
Well, its easier to swap him/her out for a window or aisle - but there is a good chance that it might go empty if the flight is not full.
Yes i hope so,we have do it before,is nice to have a 3 seat for 2
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mitglied
My preference for A380 J class seating is either A or K...I wouldn't sit in B, D, E, F, G or J unless I had to.

If I was travelling with a companion, I would choose E and F.
I have a question I was lucky enough to be able to upgrade to FC LAX-Dubai has anyone flown this route in FC ? Sitting 2nd row center 2 of us

Thank you
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: free agent
Sat in A380's 52C during DXB-JFK run, and i wouldn't really recommend this, despite that it's a bulkhead seat. However, sitting near galley area is a pain, and crew are "on go" mode. Next time, i'll avoid seats near galley area at all cost.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Putt86
Sat in A380's 52C during DXB-JFK run, and i wouldn't really recommend this, despite that it's a bulkhead seat. However, sitting near galley area is a pain, and crew are "on go" mode. Next time, i'll avoid seats near galley area at all cost.
Yes, row 52 has the least legroom as the bulkhead separator is just 2 feet away so you can't ever stretch your legs fully.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:10 am

Question LHR - DXB - MLE Business class seating

Hi All,

We are going to be flying Emirates for the first time as BA let us down with the flights to MLE

So we will be flying LHR - DXB - MLE

This is for our honeymoon so have splashed out on business class for the whole trip.

We need some advice on which seats to book.

in manage my booking it currently states:

Outbound EK002 - A380-800
Outbound EK658 - 777-300ER

Return EK653 - 777-300
Return EK001 - A380-800

Also we are going to have about 3 hours on the way out and nearly 6 on the way back in DXB any useful advice about the airport or emirates lounge etc would be apprciated

Cheers

Jason
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Hi Jason, Congrats with flying EK!

Since you're flying business, you're going to have a great seat anyhow... On the A380, since it seems you're flying with only 1 other person, maybe you'll be more comfortable in the middle seats (both have direct aisle access) E & F. Take the front part of the cabin if you prefer a quiet flight, as the second part is close to the on-board bar which tends to be "loud" on LHR flights :-) Nevertheless, do visit the bar for some drinks and bites!

For the 77W flights, any 2 seats next to the window (A&B or J&K) should be fine. If you want to sleep, the smaller front cabin may be better. Note that the 1st row is only given away at check-in counter or by calling EK.

It seems that EK653 might be an old version of J class with deep recliners instead of lie flat beds. I'm not familiar with that flight, but you can check that in "What's on your flight" in "Manage my booking". If it says "ICE with over 600 channels" it's probably an old plane with old seats.

For lounge: B gates lounge is under refurbishment. It's open but parts are closed of. I don't know how busy it'll be, but especially on the 6 hour layover, you can consider taking the shuttle train to A gates where a huge new lounge awaits you. Or, you can leave the airport (depending on your visa) and visit a nearby hotel for some drinks and food. There is also an older business lounge at C gates, but some FFTs still prefer this one actually...

Otherwise, I really like the food places at either side of the A gates terminal. Especially the Jack Daniel's burger joint :-)
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:58 am

Question

Thanks for the quick and detailed response

I read elsewhere that on the A380 "There's more bed length in the window and middle seats by a whopping nine inches, so tall passengers or people who like to really stretch out on their beds should pick A, K, E or F"

Is this correct ?

Cheers

Jason
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by coles2015
Thanks for the quick and detailed response

I read elsewhere that on the A380 "There's more bed length in the window and middle seats by a whopping nine inches, so tall passengers or people who like to really stretch out on their beds should pick A, K, E or F"

Is this correct ?

Cheers

Jason

Travelling as a couple on the 380 the best option is E/F as you can sit next to each other.
The problem with the A/K seats is that while they are the best seats in J on the 380 you can't sit next to each other.

Also note that there is a lack of toilets in the front of the J cabin and there are 4 toilets in the very back.It can be a fairly long trek to the back every time ( unless you like to spend quite a long time at the bar)

You can google street view emirates 380 which can help you decide .
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by gorbatzjov
There is also an older business lounge at C gates, but some FFTs still prefer this one actually...
The Business Class Lounge in Concourse C is actually the "newest" of them all, having recently been refurbished (re-opened early last year).

Edit to add:
It seems that EK653 might be an old version of J class with deep recliners instead of lie flat beds. I'm not familiar with that flight, but you can check that in "What's on your flight" in "Manage my booking". If it says "ICE with over 600 channels" it's probably an old plane with old seats.
The poster states it's a B777-300. These all have lie flats in J.

Last edited by ft101; Oct 7, 2014 at 12:46 pm
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:10 pm

Hi Jason, Congrats with flying EK!

Since you're flying business, you're going to have a great seat anyhow... On the A380, since it seems you're flying with only 1 other person, maybe you'll be more comfortable in the middle seats (both have direct aisle access) E & F. Take the front part of the cabin if you prefer a quiet flight, as the second part is close to the on-board bar which tends to be "loud" on LHR flights :-) Nevertheless, do visit the bar for some drinks and bites!

For the 77W flights, any 2 seats next to the window (A&B or J&K) should be fine. If you want to sleep, the smaller front cabin may be better. Note that the 1st row is only given away at check-in counter or by calling EK.

For lounge: B gates lounge is under refurbishment. It's open but parts are closed of. I don't know how busy it'll be, but especially on the 6 hour layover, you can consider taking the shuttle train to A gates where a huge new lounge awaits you. Or, you can leave the airport (depending on your visa) and visit a nearby hotel for some drinks and food. There is also an older business lounge at C gates, but some FFTs still prefer this one actually...

Otherwise, I really like the food places at either side of the A gates terminal. Especially the Jack Daniel's burger joint :-)

Has anyone flown in FC long haul? We are traveling LAX to Dubai with adjoining seats in FC
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Has anyone flown in FC long haul? We are traveling LAX to Dubai with adjoining seats in FC
Check the trip reports forum - there's several EK First write ups, including long haul I'm sure.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:09 am

Several times - what is it that you'd like to know?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
200LR & A380 Business

Ok, first trip coming up on Emirates: ORD-DXB-SIN---SGN-DXB-ORD all in business. I did my best to wade through this thread, as well as check seat guru, etc.

I normally prefer window seats, but on long haul flights I hate having to climb over someone to use the lav. So on the 200LR flights I booked 8J and 8B. On the A380 I booked 18K (although 23K may be an option) and on the A340 10J.

I'm wide open to thoughts, comments, and suggestions!

Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada
Several times - what is it that you'd like to know?
While I have flown the 380 AF version was wondering over all impression with the service and cabin. we are in 2 center

Thank you
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:03 am

While I have flown the 380 AF version was wondering over all impression with the service and cabin. we are in 2 center

Thank you
Service is good on EK - you have dine on demand, a good selection of wine. The two middle seats are perfect for a couple. Haven't flown AF in a long while so can't compare their cabin and service to EK, but I am sure someone here should be able to chip in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.