Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2005, 7:31 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by dusordua
Avoid row 26 and 17, they have the worst seats on the aircraft: all seats have this boxes in front of your feet. So if you like to stretch out your legs, look for other rows and aisle seats.
Ask at check in for the exit seats 25 ABJK, they are the best seats on the aircraft.
Thank you very much for your tips and warnings.
Although wary of the IFE boxes what I dislike the most in flights is not being able to see out the window, so I have gone for window seats all the way.

I've gone for
9K and 9A on the A330-200s (2 Class)
28A on the A330-200 (3 class)
and
5A on the UL A330-200s
7A on the UL A340-300

I'll try to remember to take a pic of them for you all and let you know how they were. Will ask about emergency exits at check-in though.

Jbfield

Last edited by jbfield; Jul 9, 2005 at 7:32 am Reason: Correcting my gramma
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Hi,

Great thread- I was just looking over it and have a few suggestions

#1) Make it a sticky. PM thezipper to do this.
#2) State which rows are the bulkhead for passengers with children
#3) Give reasons for seats recommended. Eg... on the Boeing 777-300, 2 class, I find row 1 really good as there is no-one to recline in to you and the pitch is really limited. However, on the A330-200 3 class, the row 6 bulkhead is awful. The recline is less, the legroom is less etc

I am quite familiar with J/Y in all aircraft, so I can help in this regard.

Cheers
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:54 pm

Programs: LANPass Black, TK*G, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Hi,

Great thread- I was just looking over it and have a few suggestions

#1) Make it a sticky. PM thezipper to do this.
#2) State which rows are the bulkhead for passengers with children
#3) Give reasons for seats recommended. Eg... on the Boeing 777-300, 2 class, I find row 1 really good as there is no-one to recline in to you and the pitch is really limited. However, on the A330-200 3 class, the row 6 bulkhead is awful. The recline is less, the legroom is less etc

I am quite familiar with J/Y in all aircraft, so I can help in this regard.

Cheers
Sadiqhassan is right, we should keep this interesting thread updated ^
I´ll contribute my experience after I have completed my next EK flights in February.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 7:44 pm

Idea

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if people think that this is a good idea? Please speak up if you have any thoughts

I was thinking that we could make seat maps (similar to the ones on Seat Guru) which show good / bad seats on all of the EK fleet, and someone could host it on a free website such as geocities.com. seatexpert.com has seat maps for 2 Boeing 777 planes already but sadly none for the other planes.

What do you guys think?

Cheers
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:23 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if people think that this is a good idea? Please speak up if you have any thoughts

I was thinking that we could make seat maps (similar to the ones on Seat Guru) which show good / bad seats on all of the EK fleet, and someone could host it on a free website such as geocities.com. seatexpert.com has seat maps for 2 Boeing 777 planes already but sadly none for the other planes.

What do you guys think?

Cheers
FTer Jet2K maintains seatexpert.com - I suggest you PM him regarding this.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
Thanks for the tip ^
Old Jan 28, 2006, 9:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Savage25
It should be fairly straightforward as emirates.com has the full seat maps available already. We could then just highlight which are the good/bad seats.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jan 28, 2006, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It should be fairly straightforward as emirates.com has the full seat maps available already. We could then just highlight which are the good/bad seats.

Cheers,
Rick
I was thinking about that, but wouldn't those be copyrighted? I am not sure if they would let us use them.

Cheers
Old Jan 29, 2006, 10:23 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by Tak
I am flying from ZRH to DXB by EK 340-500, and from DXB to BKK by EK 77W.

On first class, I know they are good, but is there any seat(s) I should avoid for both 340-500 and 77W ?

Thanks in advance.
As it seems that nobody has made any comments on F seats on the A340-500 my recommendation is row 2 window seat (2A or 2K). Far away from bulkhead C class ("baby row") and F galley this is my preferred seat. Me and my spouse always preferred to be seated in a window seat behind each other as it is just thrilling to have four windows on your own (gives a feeling like on a cruise ship ). This means row 2 with row 1 as the second best choice. Row 2 is usually blocked when the booking is made online but a phone call to EK reservations will free things up immediately (if booked well in advance). As mentioned before row 3 may be prone to infant noise from C class.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by ngfan
As it seems that nobody has made any comments on F seats on the A340-500 my recommendation is row 2 window seat (2A or 2K). Far away from bulkhead C class ("baby row") and F galley this is my preferred seat. Me and my spouse always preferred to be seated in a window seat behind each other as it is just thrilling to have four windows on your own (gives a feeling like on a cruise ship ). This means row 2 with row 1 as the second best choice. Row 2 is usually blocked when the booking is made online but a phone call to EK reservations will free things up immediately (if booked well in advance). As mentioned before row 3 may be prone to infant noise from C class.
I definately agree. Row 2 seats are all around the best. For couples that want to sit next to eachother, the middle 2 seats are perfect. Personally however, I prefer row 3 to row 2. I find the foot traffic from the washroom and the galley noise worse at row one than the baby noise from row 3 (unless there is a REALLY noisy baby in J)

Cheers
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:38 am
CPL

Programs: LX HON, EK Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis Chairmans Club, etc.
Just read the following on a Jan 29 press release of EK:

"...Emirates has also overhauled its 29 A330-200s for increased passenger comfort. The Business Class cabins have been refurbished to increase seat pitch from 48-49 inches to 58-63 inches, with the recline of the seats increased from 11 to 15 inches and height of the leg-rests raised from 6.1 inches to 9.5-12.5 inches depending on the configuration..."

Does this really apply to all A330's (and which are the ones with less recline, the three- or two-class), or are some still being refurbished? Also, now that the 777's are all being "updated", does EK have any plans to finally upgrade the third-rate seats in A330 F-Class to lie-flats?
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by CPL

"...Emirates has also overhauled its 29 A330-200s for increased passenger comfort. The Business Class cabins have been refurbished to increase seat pitch from 48-49 inches to 58-63 inches, with the recline of the seats increased from 11 to 15 inches and height of the leg-rests raised from 6.1 inches to 9.5-12.5 inches depending on the configuration..."

Does this really apply to all A330's (and which are the ones with less recline, the three- or two-class), or are some still being refurbished? Also, now that the 777's are all being "updated", does EK have any plans to finally upgrade the third-rate seats in A330 F-Class to lie-flats?
The A330-200 upgrade was done a couple of years ago (I think!). They removed one row from the J cabin.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jan 30, 2006, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by CPL

Hey,

Yes rkenyon was right. (Sorry, I am just used to calling you that ) The A330s have all been refurbished and 1 row was removed from the F cabin on 3 class planes and 1 row was removed from the J class cabin on 2 class planes. However, the seats are still the same and there are no plans to update them

The J class seats are the same on both planes, but avoid row 6 on the 3 class version, it is really uncomfortable.

Cheers
Old Feb 16, 2006, 2:12 am

Programs: M&M Freq, BA, Emirates, KLM, CSA
I am flying Emirates FCO-DXB-BKK-HKG-FCO Yclass next week and although I previously worked in DUbai and flew Emirates frequently I am ashamed to admit I can't remember which seats have those horrible video boxes at foot level.

I do remember it was constant thru the aircraft with about 4 per row, but i cannot remember if it was window or aisle seats affected.

All flights are 777-300 , 3 class config

Any advice would be apreciated.

Last edited by JFIVienna; Feb 16, 2006 at 2:50 am
Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:33 am

F

There are a lot of posts here and I am pressed for time.

dont choose row 1 on the suite planes as people flick the curtains,.
( I always choose row 1 on Qantas)
I like row 3 window if poss
on the other aircraft I actually like row 2 window if there is no one next to u as it is very private otherwise if there are 2
row 1.
I visited someone in J on the syd-bkk and I think the middle seat is a bit wider -
just looked that way but definitely first row of J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.