Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Old Mar 11, 2005, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Sorry for not updating this thread in some time. Am just on my way back to Denmark from CAI after picking up a RTW in C.

Just off the plane from DXB-ZRH a 340-500 and what a beauty. This plane looked and felt very new, the food was wonderful, the ICE system rocks and the seats for this 6 hour flight were great. Well done Emirates!

However i did do a few observations. I would not go for the bulkhead seat in C. The screens are much smaller than the brilliant seat back versions found in all other rows. Also for a tall person like my self the legroom in the bulkhead row didnt seem very generous. I was late in booking my seats and ended up with my wife in 12A and 12B the last row of business class. The seats are all similar with no real difference, however I would try to aim for a seat some rows further up, as the noise from Y (a crying child) might have been reduced if we were a bit further up front.

We found the seat to be great, with a much more confortable feel than the 777 and 330, the massage function is a neat function. The food on Emirates was great and the service today was also ok.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Mogensen: Do you have any seat recommendations for the 777 (200 or 300?) or A330 (versions?) in C? I also have a RTW coming up. Also, what was the cost of the RTW in C originating in CAI? Was that a UA/EK, or one of the KL/Skyteam?
Old Mar 12, 2005, 5:50 am

[QUOTE=SFO_FT]Mogensen: Do you have any seat recommendations for the 777 (200 or 300?) or A330 (versions?) in C?

A330 two class configuration: 2,3 AB/JK
A330 three class configuration: 8,9,10 AB/JK
Old Mar 12, 2005, 10:16 am

Programs: LANPass Black, TK*G, HHonors Gold
[QUOTE=dusordua]
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Mogensen: Do you have any seat recommendations for the 777 (200 or 300?) or A330 (versions?) in C?

A330 two class configuration: 2,3 AB/JK
A330 three class configuration: 8,9,10 AB/JK

Why especially 8,9,10 ? I´m also looking forward flying Emirates C on the A330 soon and I´m still trying to find out which seat is the best.

Does anybody know how Emirates handles upgrades from C to F ? If the flight is in a 3 class configuration and F is almost empty, do they put passengers up front ?
Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:53 pm

[QUOTE=Shilla]
Originally Posted by dusordua

Why especially 8,9,10 ? I´m also looking forward flying Emirates C on the A330 soon and I´m still trying to find out which seat is the best.

Because 6 and 7 are bulkhead rows with less legroom. Not sure if the recline of row 11 (last row) is the same like in other rows. Sometimes you hear the noise of economy class (bulkhead = familys with small children).

Does anybody know how Emirates handles upgrades from C to F ? If the flight is in a 3 class configuration and F is almost empty, do they put passengers up front ?

Emirates upgrades "from the back": often economy is oversold, so they upgrade their premium flyers (skywards gold and silver) to business. Often paying business class passengers are upgraded to first class to make room for the economy upgrades. But if the classes are not full, they will not upgrade business to first, only because first is not full.

Old Mar 12, 2005, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

I very much agree with Dusordua, concerning the seat advice and logic behind it.

On the 777 from CAI to DXB (3 class flight) we were seated in the first row of the first business class section. However the bulkhead was right in front of us - very close by, and since the second row of business class had a (very) limited recline I wouldn't go for a seat in this part of business class instead I would go for something in row 9,10,11 in the 3-class 777-200 or 2,3,4,5 in the 2-class 777-200. In the 3-class 777-300 that would be row 9 or 10 or in the 2-class 777-300 2,3,4,5,6. The crew told me that the 777 are being refitted with ICE and having a row removed in C, which will improve the legroom. However I do not know if this counts all the 777 or only some of them.

by the way Emirates is offering some interesting offers on its new route to Seoul - with free accomodation at the Ritz Carlton for business and first class passengers.

another note is that we weren't offered a STPC thus having an 8 hour layover in DXB, this was according to EK in CAI not possible since this was a RTW ticket, and therefore not very income generating for EK I was quite upset about this and as the airport hotel costs app. 160 usd for a six hour sleep and all the airport area hotels were fully booked, we ended up in the very crowed EK business class lounge from 0:30 am to 8:45 am

Last edited by Mogensen; Mar 12, 2005 at 2:52 pm
Old Mar 12, 2005, 4:52 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Mogensen
another note is that we weren't offered a STPC thus having an 8 hour layover in DXB, this was according to EK in CAI not possible since this was a RTW ticket, and therefore not very income generating for EK I was quite upset about this and as the airport hotel costs app. 160 usd for a six hour sleep and all the airport area hotels were fully booked, we ended up in the very crowed EK business class lounge from 0:30 am to 8:45 am
Very annoying indeed, but unfortunately common across all carriers/alliances...
Old Mar 13, 2005, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Would row 8 also have limited legroom due to the bulkhead?
Old Mar 17, 2005, 10:08 am

A 340-300 J class

Mogensen, if you have the time to update the seating guide, you can put in the following for the A340-300 J-class (I made 3 flights in J on this aircraft during the last weeks):

Reccommended: 7 A,B,D,F,J,K. 10 A,B,D,F,J,K. (all this seats have a nice big seat pitch. Same pitch for rows 8 and 11, but I am not sure about the recline there and noise from behind).

To be avoided: all E seats: 6,7,8,9,10,11, (middle seats in a row of 3 seats).

All other seats are "o.k." (even the bulkhead seats with less legroom are not bad).
Old Jun 25, 2005, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Avoid Row 6 on A330-200 configured in 3 classes. Seat pitch is absolutely abysmal

Last edited by sadiqhassan; Jun 25, 2005 at 10:10 pm
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA platinum, Air France Platinum,, Bonvoy titanium, AC 50k
You can also find seat maps on http://www.seatexpert.com/
Old Jul 1, 2005, 6:14 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Hi
Are there any particular economy class seats to request or particularly avoid?
I've got a couple of flights on the A330-200 3 class and 2 Class.
I'm in economy and I'm after a window seat for a good view...and I'm of a reasonable height.

I thought maybe
25K/A
which is a bulkhead seat.
If you thinks that's rather small I'll go for something in between
26K/A - 21K/A

Any problems with those do you know?

My other flights are with Sri Lankan:
A330-200
3K-6K

A340-300
5K-7K

Else if there are problems with those I'll go for bulkheads:
A330-200

A340-300

No problems with those selections I hope are there?

Thank you for your suggestions.

jbfield

Last edited by jbfield; Jul 1, 2005 at 6:26 pm
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:59 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I am flying from ZRH to DXB by EK 340-500, and from DXB to BKK by EK 77W.

On first class, I know they are good, but is there any seat(s) I should avoid for both 340-500 and 77W ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by jbfield
Hi
Are there any particular economy class seats to request or particularly avoid?
I've got a couple of flights on the A330-200 3 class and 2 Class.
I'm in economy and I'm after a window seat for a good view...and I'm of a reasonable height.

I thought maybe
25K/A
which is a bulkhead seat.
If you thinks that's rather small I'll go for something in between
26K/A - 21K/A

Any problems with those do you know?

My other flights are with Sri Lankan:
A330-200
3K-6K

A340-300
5K-7K

Else if there are problems with those I'll go for bulkheads:
A330-200

A340-300

No problems with those selections I hope are there?

Thank you for your suggestions.

jbfield
Normaly you can not make reservations for bulkhead seats and even more restricted are exit seats (25 A/B J/K) on the A330!
If you are a tall person avoid window seats, you will have a box with the IFES in front of your feet.
Avoid row 26 and 17, they have the worst seats on the aircraft: all seats have this boxes in front of your feet. So if you like to stretch out your legs, look for other rows and aisle seats.
Ask at check in for the exit seats 25 ABJK, they are the best seats on the aircraft.

No advice for Srilankan Airlines, but I think they have the same configuration like Emirates.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 2:00 am

Programs: some
I am booked BKK-SYD-AKL on a '777-300ER'. Should I aim for rows 9-10 or 2-6. There are two 777-300 configs in the OPs first message but I am not sure which is the ER. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.