Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:18 am

should i change seats

hi my seats were allocated by emirates lady on phone. they seem ok, but have gone into my booking and looked at seating plan. for last section of flight (manchester to brisbane flight - ) so dubai to manchester, there are 2 seats towards back of plane not booked yet. would i be better there? are they likely to still put someone next to me if plane not fully booked? is there any way to check if plane fully booked? outgoing seat 33k, then 18k - return seats 35k then 14a. also if i fall asleep and miss food will the flight attendants be able to get me something?, and do i need cash if i fancy a glass of wine? not done long haul for a long time!....
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by alibabe
hi my seats were allocated by emirates lady on phone. they seem ok, but have gone into my booking and looked at seating plan. for last section of flight (manchester to brisbane flight - ) so dubai to manchester, there are 2 seats towards back of plane not booked yet. would i be better there? are they likely to still put someone next to me if plane not fully booked? is there any way to check if plane fully booked? outgoing seat 33k, then 18k - return seats 35k then 14a. also if i fall asleep and miss food will the flight attendants be able to get me something?, and do i need cash if i fancy a glass of wine? not done long haul for a long time!....
I often book one of these pairs of seats in the hope that no-one will be put next to me. However, I have never ended up sitting in it so not much help unfortunately, sorry.

In the pack with your headset etc are some stickers. One of these says "wake me for food". Stick it at the side of your headrest and you should be OK.

Wine is free, and don't be afraid to ask for more.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:37 am

thanks

thankyou for your advice.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Here's a link to the October timetable seat maps.

http://www.easflights.com/wp-content...k_seatmaps.pdf
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by ft101
Wine is free, and don't be afraid to ask for more.
And the best thing about sitting at the back is that you're next to the galley, so you can pick up your extra wines at pretty much any time.

I always try and get the first row of 2 seats on a 777 when travelling Y class, as there is more leg room than most Y class seats and the chances are that no one will sit next to you if you choose the window seat (unless the flight is full, of course).
Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:09 am

Ok I did it. I have booked BKG-HKG Airbus 380 F with seats 03 A on both outbound and return. Now it doesn't have anything to say on such a short flight, but should I consider changing seats? That will also be my first flight on Airbus 380 btw. Does anyone know why tickets in F on this route is so damn cheap? I mean intra European business class is waay more expensive . As far as I can see on the rules on that ticket it has also flexible conditions. From what I have read EK still has a pretty decent service on that flight. So rightnow I have OSL-DOH-BKK-DOH-OSL in Qatar biz and EK BKK-HKG-BKK F. It was between that and Brunei or Singapore.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by William S
Ok I did it. I have booked BKG-HKG Airbus 380 F with seats 03 A on both outbound and return. Now it doesn't have anything to say on such a short flight, but should I consider changing seats? That will also be my first flight on Airbus 380 btw. Does anyone know why tickets in F on this route is so damn cheap? I mean intra European business class is waay more expensive . As far as I can see on the rules on that ticket it has also flexible conditions. From what I have read EK still has a pretty decent service on that flight. So rightnow I have OSL-DOH-BKK-DOH-OSL in Qatar biz and EK BKK-HKG-BKK F. It was between that and Brunei or Singapore.
Tickets are cheap because they need to compete with TG and CX which have similar fares. There's not much of a hub presence (except for the BKK - SYD flight), so EK needs to discount to fill up planes.

Wait till they start a SIN - HKG flight, then look at the kind of premium fares they charge
Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by ung1
Tickets are cheap because they need to compete with TG and CX which have similar fares. There's not much of a hub presence (except for the BKK - SYD flight), so EK needs to discount to fill up planes.

Wait till they start a SIN - HKG flight, then look at the kind of premium fares they charge
Well EK is still cheaper than CX in F on that route and it got the Airbus 380. Makes the choice easy I guess. Yeah I know fares ex SIN-everywhere can be very very high especially premium fares. EK F is anyhow much cheaper if you look at what LH, LX etc charges. Ah well I was really just wondering about if seat 3A is a good choice not to go into a general discussion about price policy.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by William S
Well EK is still cheaper than CX in F on that route and it got the Airbus 380. Makes the choice easy I guess. Yeah I know fares ex SIN-everywhere can be very very high especially premium fares. EK F is anyhow much cheaper if you look at what LH, LX etc charges. Ah well I was really just wondering about if seat 3A is a good choice not to go into a general discussion about price policy.
3A is good. Too far forward and the aircraft is curved, but you get a PJ feeling. Too far back and you could be disturbed by the cabin behind you, but I prefer not to have the entire cabin being able to see how much champagne I'm being served. Such a hard decision.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 12:57 pm

Just come in from KUL to DXB on a 777, and forgot just how bad the "sleeperette" sseats are, and how hard they are to get any rest in. These are the old cloth seats in mauve, and only recline to a horrible angled position guaranteed to destroy my knees. I was in 7A, 2nd row of business, the guy in 6B put his seat back straight after take off, and left it there, until final approach, making it near impossible to get out, due to 7B being occupied by a snoring German !

Hope the A330 on the next leg in 4 hours is better, SO need some sleep. It's listed as having "deeply reclining seats" in business, not quite sure what this means, but if they are poor, it's time to burn some miles and go for a 7 hour nap in "F".
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by tezzer
Just come in from KUL to DXB on a 777, and forgot just how bad the "sleeperette" sseats are, and how hard they are to get any rest in. These are the old cloth seats in mauve, and only recline to a horrible angled position guaranteed to destroy my knees. I was in 7A, 2nd row of business, the guy in 6B put his seat back straight after take off, and left it there, until final approach, making it near impossible to get out, due to 7B being occupied by a snoring German !

Hope the A330 on the next leg in 4 hours is better, SO need some sleep. It's listed as having "deeply reclining seats" in business, not quite sure what this means, but if they are poor, it's time to burn some miles and go for a 7 hour nap in "F".
If I haven't said it enough times, I'll say it again. The A330 is the worst aircraft in the EK fleet, and god help you if you think it's going to be better than a 777. If I were you I'd reroute on another airline, aircraft or flight. Burning some miles for F isn't a bad idea, but have a look at the F product onboard before you do that. It's terrible. Well, not quite, but compared to the rest of the F seats, it's awful.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:07 pm

Oh joy !
Old Nov 4, 2011, 3:47 pm

No longer an option, down spec'd to a 2 class config.
Looks like the back seat of the car tomorrow for a 2 hour snooze.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:37 am

No longer an option, down spec'd to a 2 class config.
Looks like the back seat of the car tomorrow for a 2 hour snooze.
Turns out it WAS a 3 class config, but as "no one wanted to travel 1st class, a decision was made last minute to operate as 2 class".

Er, excuse me I wanted to travel in first, and was willing to pay the miles to get some sleep, didn't want the food, drink or service just some sleep on a lie flat seat instead of that article of torture fitted to the A330.
My seat, 10K wouldn't retract the leg rest, any button you pressed made it go UP not down, so had to be moved to the 1 last seat in Biz for take off.
They reset the seat, and returned me to it for the duration, when there were lovely EMPTY lie flats up front. My TV would only stay on for 30 seconds and then switch, off, not one of EK's finest moments.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:26 am

Turns out it WAS a 3 class config, but as "no one wanted to travel 1st class, a decision was made last minute to operate as 2 class".

Er, excuse me I wanted to travel in first, and was willing to pay the miles to get some sleep, didn't want the food, drink or service just some sleep on a lie flat seat instead of that article of torture fitted to the A330.
My seat, 10K wouldn't retract the leg rest, any button you pressed made it go UP not down, so had to be moved to the 1 last seat in Biz for take off.
They reset the seat, and returned me to it for the duration, when there were lovely EMPTY lie flats up front. My TV would only stay on for 30 seconds and then switch, off, not one of EK's finest moments.
Did you talk to the purser about this? They should be able to exercise some amount of flexibility in such situations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.