Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:22 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Row 6 in J Class on 77W

I have tried to find an asnwer to this but could not. I am on EK 218 tomorrow LAX-DXB and am currently in 9J. I was wondering if anyone has experience with 6J/K or 6A/B? Thanks for your help!!
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:07 am

Can anyone update this with Airbus 380 etc?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:10 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by William S
Can anyone update this with Airbus 380 etc?
William, the entire EK Forum is undergoing a spring clean and this is on the list. We're actually going to see if we can obtain up to date seat maps from EK themselves, so bear with us while we get the feather duster out and give things the gentle once-over...

SIMON
(eightblack)
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by eightblack
William, the entire EK Forum is undergoing a spring clean and this is on the list. We're actually going to see if we can obtain up to date seat maps from EK themselves, so bear with us while we get the feather duster out and give things the gentle once-over...

SIMON
(eightblack)
Thank you. I am not a regular here, but it would be nice info to know for us who are considering a trip with EK in Airbus 380.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:42 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Originally Posted by William S
Thank you. I am not a regular here, but it would be nice info to know for us who are considering a trip with EK in Airbus 380.
Expert Flyer does have a fairly accurate listing. The most important thing to know is the following:

In Y, best seats in the house are 68A or K, 81A and K
In J, best seats are 23A or K
In F, they're all good baby...
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, OneWorld (BA) Emerald
Expert Flyer does have a fairly accurate listing. The most important thing to know is the following:

In Y, best seats in the house are 68A or K, 81A and K
In J, best seats are 23A or K
In F, they're all good baby...
I always try to get 23 A or K, I have 23K booked for my next trip on EK4 on Saturday night. The only minor issues, and they are very minor, are the magazine rack in next to your seat, so people come along and browse through them and as its towards the rear of the aircraft people going to and from the bar walk passed you so there’s increased traffic.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:48 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Originally Posted by EK004 Regular
I always try to get 23 A or K, I have 23K booked for my next trip on EK4 on Saturday night. The only minor issues, and they are very minor, are the magazine rack in next to your seat, so people come along and browse through them and as its towards the rear of the aircraft people going to and from the bar walk passed you so there’s increased traffic.
Its only a problem if you actually stay in your seat. If like me, you prop in the bar, problem solved
Old Oct 17, 2011, 5:57 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, OneWorld (BA) Emerald
Its only a problem if you actually stay in your seat. If like me, you prop in the bar, problem solved
This is a aspect of my travel which I am going to put full effort in to during my next trip!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I grabbed one of the Emirates timetables and it has fairly accurate seat maps. Tell me where to E-mail them
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:54 pm

manchester to brisbane via dubai 777-300ER seats

hi, new to forum and never been to oz before. will be the longest flight i have done and travelling on my own. can anyone recommend decent seats. can i pre book the seats? or do they get allocated when i arrive at airport.? last time i did long flight was 12 yrs ago to usa with my husband! manchester to dubai , then dubai to brisbane. flight leaves manchester 20.10 - not for 4 weeks tho, then dubai to brisbane. thanks ps - flying economy.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:28 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Originally Posted by alibabe
hi, new to forum and never been to oz before. will be the longest flight i have done and travelling on my own. can anyone recommend decent seats. can i pre book the seats? or do they get allocated when i arrive at airport.? last time i did long flight was 12 yrs ago to usa with my husband! manchester to dubai , then dubai to brisbane. flight leaves manchester 20.10 - not for 4 weeks tho, then dubai to brisbane. thanks ps - flying economy.
alibabe

Welcome to FT and the EK Forum. Just make sure you enrol in Skywards, that way you will be able to access your reservation via emirates.com and select a seat. Exit row seats are assigned on a first come, first served basis, so if you want one of those, head to the airport early. They are not able to be pre-selected online. EK economy is in a 3-4-3 layout - so choose either side of the aircraft (not the middle). Good luck.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:48 am

seats allocated

hi, thanks for reply. the lady at emirates has booked my seats - 33k manchester to dubai, 18k dubai to brisbane, 35k, and 14a back? should i change these? looked on seat guru , cant even see 14a on a 77-300ER?, and 18K has drawbacks? thanks
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:51 am

oops -!

oops - just realised been looking at 777-300 plan and not the 777-300ER seating plan - my mistake!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
hi, thanks for reply. the lady at emirates has booked my seats - 33k manchester to dubai, 18k dubai to brisbane, 35k, and 14a back? should i change these? looked on seat guru , cant even see 14a on a 77-300ER?, and 18K has drawbacks? thanks
oops - just realised been looking at 777-300 plan and not the 777-300ER seating plan - my mistake!
I would figure out which flights you want to sleep on and which ones you want to stay up on. For the ones you'd like to sleep, get window seats so you can rest your head against the side. For ones you want to stay up, get D/G (center aisle seats) so you can walk around and disturbance is minimal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.