Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Because it's not always accurate maybe. Or perhaps the poster wasn't aware of it.
SeatGuru.com has it down as a Standard seat whereas on SeatPlans.com, it says........

"Nevertheless, you have to be careful which row you choose, since in bulkhead seats and in the final row of business, the recline can be restricted. You will find these on the carrier's A330-200 aircraft in both two and three-class configuration and also on some of the B777 aircraft which have not yet been upgraded (referred to as retrofitted)."

Thats what I meant when I said that I've read conflicting reports.

Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: CX MPC GR, EK Skywards BL, QR Privelege Club SL
Could I possibly ask how come EK's got this strange config on board it's 2-class 777-300ER? None of the seats I could actually book here... What do 7J, 23J etc. mean?

Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: CharlesPoedyOB
Originally Posted by wtjulianchan
Could I possibly ask how come EK's got this strange config on board it's 2-class 777-300ER? None of the seats I could actually book here... What do 7J, 23J etc. mean?
It is a bit odd. I don't think row 7 exists in Y class for any version of the 777, some versions have it in J class.
I had the same problem in choosing seats for a December flight. The booking does not seem to work until the - seats / - inflight entertainment has numbers instead of dashes. I had to telephone a call centre to get it activated.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 8:27 pm

Best J Seat on A380 For Getting 1st Choice Meal

Right now I am booked in 9K...Don't want to be right up front for noise reasons so I figure I should get my choice but I keep reading 23K is the best seat in the rear cabin? What seat should I go for?
Old Mar 26, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Right now I am booked in 9K...Don't want to be right up front for noise reasons so I figure I should get my choice but I keep reading 23K is the best seat in the rear cabin? What seat should I go for?
Haven't you already asked this question elsewhere? And it's been answered, so I'm not sure what else you want to know. There's an order in which meals are served, and there are 5 choices! If your diet is so restrictive or you are so inflexible that you can only eat one thing on the menu, I'd suggest ordering a special meal.

And I'm not sure what you mean by noise reasons, but it honestly doesn't matter on a 3 hour flight. You need a seat to eat your meal at, and you'll spend the rest of your time at the bar. As long as you're in A/K, you've done well!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 3:12 am

Bassinet seats in J, 3 class 777-300er

Hi all
We are booked in 8D and E currently as apparently that is the only space for a bassinet. All of row 8 is in front of a bulkhead so surely 8J/K for instance has a bassinet seat attachment as well, can anyone confirm if this is the case as Emirates themselves only see one seat in J for a bassinet which is odd.

Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2011, 5:14 am

From Skysurfers on ek.com:
In addition to rewards, your child will enjoy other member benefits, such as preferred seating.
Since when does EK have preferred seating for any of it's elites? Are there preferred seats just for kids?

ETA: I don't know when they last updated the Skysurfers website though. It talks about an upgraded Business Class giving you all the comfort you'd expect - on the A330!

Last edited by ung1; Mar 31, 2011 at 5:22 am
Old Apr 12, 2011, 5:19 am

help please...

Hi,

I have got the following itinerary on Emirates..

Heathrow - Dubai : 77W
Dubai - CCJ : Airbus A330-200
Dubai - London : Boeing 777-300

I am not normally much bothered about the seats but this time I am a bit nervous as my wife is pregnant and is in the first trimester where we need to be more careful. Can any of you advise which seats would be the best ones on 77W,A330 and 777 which has got more leg room and possibly aisle for easy access...

Please help...

Thanks,
AP
Old Apr 12, 2011, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by itzillution
Hi,

I have got the following itinerary on Emirates..

Heathrow - Dubai : 77W
Dubai - CCJ : Airbus A330-200
Dubai - London : Boeing 777-300

I am not normally much bothered about the seats but this time I am a bit nervous as my wife is pregnant and is in the first trimester where we need to be more careful. Can any of you advise which seats would be the best ones on 77W,A330 and 777 which has got more leg room and possibly aisle for easy access...

Please help...

Thanks,
AP
Welcome to FT!

For the 330, I'd recommend a pair near the window so it's just the two of you, and you have aisle access.

For the 777, try getting a bulkhead seat. They won't give your wife an emergency exit row seat, but I'd say stick to two of the center four seats so that you don't have anyone jumping over you/ you don't have to jump over anyone.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:51 am

Thanks for your reply...by any chance, would you know the seat row numbers for the exit row and bulkhead seats? Also, can we opt them when we d the online check-in?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by itzillution
Thanks for your reply...by any chance, would you know the seat row numbers for the exit row and bulkhead seats? Also, can we opt them when we d the online check-in?
They vary by aircraft but are very obvious from the seat map online. You can choose bulkhead seats (near the bassinet seats in blue), but online you can only choose the two center ones.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:17 pm

This queation has been asked before but not answered to my knowledge, have looked through a number of seating websites and one says on the 777-300ER 3 class that row 18 in Y has no window? does anyone know if this is true?? Currently have this chosen on one of my flight but would like to change it is true... Any help is appreciated.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:09 pm

How Certain is a Seat Request?

Hi,

apologies if this has already been answered.

My mum is flying the return leg of a trip in just over a week. I have requested particular seats for both segments of the flight but I think the word 'request' in seat request makes me a little apprehensive. How certain can we be that she will get the seats I've requested? When will we know for sure? I'm assuming at check in but was hoping somebody might have a more definitive answer.

The main reason I'm asking is that I didn't know about the seat request facility until after she had flown the outbound leg when she didn't get a window seat on either leg, which she finds quite frustrating (as do I ).

I did do a search in this thread but this but this doesn't appear to have been asked before or covered.

Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by snoopy1664
...I have requested particular seats for both segments of the flight but I think the word 'request' in seat request makes me a little apprehensive. How certain can we be that she will get the seats I've requested? When will we know for sure? I'm assuming at check in but was hoping somebody might have a more definitive answer ...
Not 100% guaranteed but more often than not. Have a look at posts 14 and 15 in this thread for a recent discussion on the same subject.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ce-please.html
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:41 am

Thank you.

Maybe searching for "Seat Request" was too obvious!

Originally Posted by ft101
Not 100% guaranteed but more often than not. Have a look at posts 14 and 15 in this thread for a recent discussion on the same subject.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ce-please.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.