Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 1:51 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by julesladders
Hi guys. This is my first time on this forum. Wondered if anyone could tell me if my seats are ok that we have pre booked

We are on the Ek40 flight to South Africa from Birmingham via Dubai. Our seats are 21 J and K for most of the legs.

Many thanks
Julie x
Julie,

Welcome to FT and the EK forum!

I would recommend you sign up to www.expertflyer.com. It's an extremely useful site in terms of seat maps for all airlines, fare availability, schedule information etc etc. There's a few packages - so just sign up for the free service for now until you see if you think its worthwhile.

One of the best features is the seat alert function, where you can ask the system to continually scan seat availability and to send you an email if your desired seat becomes available. Very cool.

I think the seats you have selected are ok - you might want to enquire when you check in if the exit rows are available, because EK allocate these on a first come/first served basis.

Good luck. Hope to see you back here often.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by julesladders
Hi guys. This is my first time on this forum. Wondered if anyone could tell me if my seats are ok that we have pre booked

We are on the Ek40 flight to South Africa from Birmingham via Dubai. Our seats are 21 J and K for most of the legs.

Many thanks
Julie x
On the two class 777-300ER from BHX to DXB I think you're seats will be OK. However if you are going to CPT or JNB you'll be on a 3 class airplane Row 21 is at the rear of the first Y cabin and is not recommended.

If you're going to Durban you'll be on an A330-200 so no problem.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emi...0ER_3class.php
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:24 am

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. I have actually changed the seats. We are now in 47 A & B apart from seats 21, from Dubai to birmingham. We had those last time and were pretty good. Do you agree?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:03 am

a380 Best F Seat (Suite)

I have a flight coming up on EK a380 in F. What's the best suite to book (solo)? Seatguru suggests not to book row 1.

Anything else I should know about EK's a380 F experience?

cheers.

Last edited by mileageking; Nov 15, 2010 at 12:12 am
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:46 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
maeharasmuse

So I don't have to repeat myself - I'll only post this once (given that you've expressed your perfectly valid point of view in the other sticky's).

You're welcome to motion or comment on anything (within FT's Terms Of Service of course). The EK forum belongs to all members of FT.

Most of us would agree that the forum needs updating.

How we do that will hopefully be reached via consensus, and given that I've only just thrown out some very broad brushed suggestions, I owe it to the EK forum members and participants to have their equal say.

Which is what will happen...

Stay tuned. Nothing has been set in stone just yet. We're merely having a conversation.

Cheers

SIMON
(eightblack)
Moderator-EK Forum

Originally Posted by maeharasmuse
I motion the deletion of this sticky (duplicate post).

There are too many stickies related to EK seating / fleet:

- Which EK routes have ICE / New F/J seats
- The Ultimate Seating & Fleet Guide
- The ultimate Emirates seating guide

1. EK seating is like a game of Russian roulette. Period. There's no way to know for sure what to expect. Occasionally flights are pulled, equipment is changed, etc. for short periods of time, or even at the very last minute. The cabin configs and seating are so very diverse, there's just no way to tell what you're in for exactly - though mostly the product (e.g. ICE) is excellent. And that's OK with me.

2. Some pple like to find/share information about this kind of stuff, and there is an active thread for that. E.g. pple complaining about the somewhat outdated (for EK standards) A330 cabins. Anyway, one thread should suffice. It doesn't need to be a sticky.

3. The fleet is also of influence on the new routes / destinations / flights... as pointed out in another thread on the subject.

4. Some sort of consolidation of the aforementioned threads would be welcome though.

Of course we can have ad-hoc threads about any of the aformentioned subjects, as we frequently do, and as should be searchable through the website's search engine.

Motion: delete sticky.

Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:28 pm

Heading to JFK from PVG,

EK303 PVG-DXB 777-300ER
EK201 DXB-JFK A380

EK202 JFK-DXB A380
EK302 DXB-PVG 777-300ER

which economy seats are good for a big guy!

cheers!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 8:07 am

restricted recline airbus 380

I was wondering of anybody knows of the seat at row 51 of emirates airbus 380 has restricted recline ??
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
I noticed that on the 77W (this particular one being A6-EGA), the last row of Business (row 11) has a couple of missing windows next to the seat, so avoid if you plan to have a nice view.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:08 am

Hi.......first time poster here.

I'm flying Emirates business class from Glasgow to Calcutta via Dubai next Month. I have uploaded pics of the seat maps from the Emirates website for my 4 flights. My allocated seats are marked in red.

Are these 2 class or 3 class flights ?

I think these seats are ok although I am slightly concerned with the final flight from Dubai back to Glasgow as this is behind the "bulkhead". I'm not entirely sure what that means in terms of seat comfort so I would appreciate some feedback as to whether these are good seats or not.

As you can see from the final flight to Glasgow, I do have the option of taking one of the centre aisle seats. Would that be a better seat than a side aisle seat at the bulkhead.

Also, whats the difference between a lie flat seat and a sleeper seat ?

And lastly, seatguru website suggests that the bulkhead is behind row 6 rather than in front of it ? Which one is right ?

Thanks a lot for any feedback.

Glasgow to Dubai :-

Dubai to Calcutta :-

Calcutta to Dubai :-

Dubai to Glasgow :-

Last edited by eightblack; Feb 16, 2011 at 4:22 pm Reason: Fixed img tags
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:41 am

I would prefer a non bulkhead seat, more privacy. Less chance that someone will decide to cut across in front of you to get to the other aisle. Move to one of the centre I aisle seats.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:19 am

Lhr dxb trv cok dxb lhr

Hi,

I am flying on EK8 in U and am sitting in 19C to DXB and then from DXB to TRV in 25D (unless can afford to buy an upgrade!) on the way out and on teh way back will be sitting in C seat 1B on EK531 and in C on 18a EK3.

Are these half decent or dire seats?

Thank you....

C
Old Feb 18, 2011, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by gavman99
Hi.......first time poster here.

I'm flying Emirates business class from Glasgow to Calcutta via Dubai next Month. I have uploaded pics of the seat maps from the Emirates website for my 4 flights. My allocated seats are marked in red.

Are these 2 class or 3 class flights ?

I think these seats are ok although I am slightly concerned with the final flight from Dubai back to Glasgow as this is behind the "bulkhead". I'm not entirely sure what that means in terms of seat comfort so I would appreciate some feedback as to whether these are good seats or not.

As you can see from the final flight to Glasgow, I do have the option of taking one of the centre aisle seats. Would that be a better seat than a side aisle seat at the bulkhead.

Also, whats the difference between a lie flat seat and a sleeper seat ?

And lastly, seatguru website suggests that the bulkhead is behind row 6 rather than in front of it ? Which one is right ?

Thanks a lot for any feedback.
They are two class flights.

The seat you are in on your last flight is next to a bassinet seat so there is a risk you'll be moved. I would grab a centre aisle seat now rather than risking being moved to a middle seat.

The lie flats are newer and much better. They are clamshell design so if the person in front reclines it does not intrude on your space.

Row 6 is in it's own little cabin IIRC, behind a bulkhead.

Originally Posted by rowanparker
I would prefer a non bulkhead seat, more privacy. Less chance that someone will decide to cut across in front of you to get to the other aisle. Move to one of the centre I aisle seats.
His bulkhead seat is not in the centre so no chance of someone cutting across.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 1:39 pm

I'm flying on EK573 Seat 4K Business Class next month. This is two class A330-200. It only has 4 rows in business class. As I'm in the last row, I've read conflicting reports that the recline may be restricted. Some say it is and some say it isn't.

As this is an evening/nighttime flight, this could cause a problem for me as I'm hoping to get some sleep so the more recline the better.

Can anyone confirm if the recline is restricted or not ?

Thanks.

Last edited by gavman99; Feb 20, 2011 at 1:41 pm Reason: More info added
Old Feb 21, 2011, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by gavman99
I'm flying on EK573 Seat 4K Business Class next month. This is two class A330-200. It only has 4 rows in business class. As I'm in the last row, I've read conflicting reports that the recline may be restricted. Some say it is and some say it isn't.

As this is an evening/nighttime flight, this could cause a problem for me as I'm hoping to get some sleep so the more recline the better.

Can anyone confirm if the recline is restricted or not ?

Thanks.
Why not just go to seatguru.com?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Grace B
Why not just go to seatguru.com?
Because it's not always accurate maybe. Or perhaps the poster wasn't aware of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.