Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: CharlesPoedyOB
Originally Posted by ft101
Doesn't this make it awkward to view the ICE screen?
The seats are only slightly out of alignment, but, yes, the view of the screen is not perfect.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: silver skywards
A380 seating

hiya does any one know what the seating is like on the A380 business class i flying on my own to k.l via dxb and on the manchester to dxb leg its on the A380 someone told me seat 23k is a good seat to have as theres more leg room ?? does any one know if this is correct?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:05 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Miles & Bonus Gold, BD Diamond Blue
was in 23A last year, and 16 K this year,didnt noticed any difference. row 23 is right up on the bulkhead seperating main and 2nd business cabin. The As and Ks are very private and has greater legroom than the Bs and Js. if you are flying alone there are the best!
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:44 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Was on 23A to YYZ. Loved it, v private and comfortable.

As vieri_c said, A and K are the best as they have window and aisle access and have extra storage areas that the middle seats don't have.

Note thought that row 23 is 4 rows from the Bar area so it can get noisy if you wish to sleep.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:51 pm

hiya vieri and khalid thanks for the reply yep im flying alone seat 23k just like to read and look out of the window, and watch ICE im flying early afternoon so hopefully i wont want to sleep and it might be me making the noise at the bar!!!!, (joke)
as you sit in the seat do you have the storage on your left ? and the window on the left? as the seat behind has storage on the right is this correct thanks
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:59 pm

there are deep bins nxt to the windows, and additional parcel shelf on the aisle side which is handy for the odd magazine or 2 plus the unchilled drinks sitting. Enjoy the view and the lovely wing flex with the EA engines hanging off them!
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by maggieomx
hiya vieri and khalid thanks for the reply yep im flying alone seat 23k just like to read and look out of the window, and watch ICE im flying early afternoon so hopefully i wont want to sleep and it might be me making the noise at the bar!!!!, (joke)
as you sit in the seat do you have the storage on your left ? and the window on the left? as the seat behind has storage on the right is this correct thanks
Windows and storage are both to your right.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:34 am

????

Originally Posted by vieri_c
there are deep bins nxt to the windows, and additional parcel shelf on the aisle side which is handy for the odd magazine or 2 plus the unchilled drinks sitting. Enjoy the view and the lovely wing flex with the EA engines hanging off them!
hiya vieri how u duin when you said the wing flex ... you wer joking????
where im sat on the aircraft im not right above the wing am i ??
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:51 pm

u ll be behind the wing. all aircraft wings flex in the air! its the wonders of flight! wont bore u with the physics but i m sure can read it somewhere online.
love the wing flex on the 777-300ERs the best though!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by vieri_c
u ll be behind the wing. all aircraft wings flex in the air! its the wonders of flight! wont bore u with the physics but i m sure can read it somewhere online.
love the wing flex on the 777-300ERs the best though!

hiya vieri i live at the bottom of the runway at manchester and i was stood behind a 747-400 that was waiting to take off and i saw the wings bounce!!!!
he had taxied and turned to line up at the start of the runway and i swera the wings wer bouncing!!
just hope i dont see any wings bounce when im on the A380 !!!!!!
Old Aug 17, 2010, 3:17 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
777/300 Sleeperette seats v lie flat

I have searched through this forum for the difference between Sleeperette seats and lie flat on the 777/300/LR which show up on my forthcoming flights.
Posts on this subject give the link to the photo on Airliners but it is the same photo for both seat styles.
Can someone give to a link to photos of both of them please or comment on the difference.
Ta
SS
Old Aug 17, 2010, 4:02 am

cradel seat:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Emira...8f7445dd7e8d88

Lie flats:

Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:38 am

EK 381

EK 381 HKG - DXB
Does anybody know if the seats have been upgraded on that plane? i.e lie flat seats in J

When i check services by flight it states deep recline seats, while at the same time is states newly refurbished!
Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, MilesandSmiles Elite, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by petterpan
EK 381 HKG - DXB
Does anybody know if the seats have been upgraded on that plane? i.e lie flat seats in J

When i check services by flight it states deep recline seats, while at the same time is states newly refurbished!
Thanks
The last few times I have flown this route in the past 12 months - it has been an upgraded plane.

I am also flying it again on 26th August so send me a pm to remind me to report back.

Hope this helps?

Last edited by Christickler; Aug 17, 2010 at 7:14 am Reason: bad spelling
Old Aug 17, 2010, 8:58 am

Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated, I Have high hopes now

if you go to services by flight check this flight for the next 2-3 weeks on some cases it says 777-200 and on other 777-ER

i have been flying this route once a year for the last 12 years and i used always prefer the 380/381 mostly in A330-200 instead of the via BBK 384/385 old configurations and between those two old cabins i liked quitter and the and long pitch airbus, than the 777,old cabin recliner. i am full of hopes now that things will change!

In addition has the EK 385/385 (HKG-BBK-DXB) been re-fited?? i haven't been on that flight for 3 years

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.