Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: QF Silver
Originally Posted by Lara H
... is there somewhere at the airport to freshen up, such as showering...
ung1 pretty much summed it up. If you are keen on taking a shower you can always go to the g-force gym in terminal 3 (the one your flights are arriving at and departing from) and pay the entrance fee. Then you can use the Sauna and showers. I did that a couple of weeks back because the lounge was totally overcrowded and I felt like going into the sauna and taking a shower
Old Jul 9, 2010, 5:41 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Total newbie here so you can douse me down if you wish, but hopefully there is at least one kind soul that may be able to assist.

I keep reading DREADFUL reports of Emirates...(what happened?) and we are flying with them in September. I am hoping that some advice can be given as to what seats to choose for DH and me as we have never flown Emirates before, only the good ol' flying 'roo!

We are flying on 22/9 from Melbourne to Dubai, with aprox 2 hr stop and then onto their new destination, Madrid.The flights are respectively EK 407 777-300ER & EK141 A330-200.

Return is on 8/10 from Venice to Dubai, with aprox 4 hr stop, and back to Melbourne. Flights are EK136 A330-200 & EK408 777-300ER

Also, what will happen at Dubai? Will we be allowed to get off the plane on our outward journey, and is there somewhere at the airport to freshen up, such as showering? I have searched the website but it only mentions First & Business class...we are at the back of the plane in Economy!

Any other tips and hints will be gratefully appreciated...except to cancel the booking!
Welcome to FT.

I fly ex MEL a lot. If it was me, I would have taken a different route as 14+ hrs in Y in EK is going to be tough, even with the world's best IFE.

You could have taken EK405, which stops in SIN. It's only a 1hr layover, but it breaks up the flight into 2 x 7hr chunks.

You may (and I say that cautiously) receive an upgrade email prior to departure (3-days) but they are sporadic at best, so don't count on it.

And don't worry about being flamed here on the EK forum. We're all very civilised here. You'll only get flamed over on the UA forum. And those guys on the QF forum (dont start me...)
Old Jul 9, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by eightblack

You could have taken EK405, which stops in SIN. It's only a 1hr layover, but it breaks up the flight into 2 x 7hr chunks.
Unless the OP can/ wants to sleep on the flight for an extended period. Then 14 continuous hours is better. Though I don't know of many people who can sleep longer than a couple of hours in a Y seat.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 2:38 am

Programs: Skywards
Great!(not) Sounds like it won't be a good way to start our holiday.
Is there anyway we might be able to swap to the EK405?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes...you have all been great so far! Is it advisable to order a "special" meal rather than have one that is for the rest of the cattle?
Old Jul 11, 2010, 3:48 am

Great!(not) Sounds like it won't be a good way to start our holiday.
Is there anyway we might be able to swap to the EK405?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes...you have all been great so far! Is it advisable to order a "special" meal rather than have one that is for the rest of the cattle?
Look at fare conditions for changes. However, I'd recommend you go with the flight that works best for your onward flight to Europe. A one hour stop just adds take-off, landing, cabin disturbance etc. It's a good opportunity to stretch your legs, but you can do that walking around the aircraft. It's better than being at DXB for 6 hours instead.

The only advantage I know of with special meals is that you get to eat sooner than everyone else. On EK they don't usually run out of meal options, and the regular food is pretty good imo. Special meals reduce opup chances though, so I doubt many on FT would subscribe to the idea of ordering them.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:25 am

Tall Ozzie newbie

Hi sorry to barge in on this thread but a prompt answer from one of you more experienced would be great.
I'm on an EK flight ex Zürich tomorrow and thought best to check in tonight...
I'm 190cm and have come up with the following seating prorities...

1st - rows 46, 47, 48, a, k, b, j.

2nd - Emergency exits.

3rd - rows 24, 38, g, f, e, d.

Does this sound like a reasonable choice to go in with ?

Also I fly home from Zürich twice every year and Emirates seems to be the best in all things plus price...

Am I right with such an assumption ???

Ta
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: QF Silver
Originally Posted by Australia_home
It depends on what your priorities are. I am a 6'7" and for me legroom is top priority. So I would go for the emergency exit seats first as no other seat gives you nearly as much space as those at the emergency exit.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Australia_home
Hi sorry to barge in on this thread but a prompt answer from one of you more experienced would be great.
I'm on an EK flight ex Zürich tomorrow and thought best to check in tonight...
I'm 190cm and have come up with the following seating prorities...

1st - rows 46, 47, 48, a, k, b, j.

2nd - Emergency exits.

3rd - rows 24, 38, g, f, e, d.

Also I fly home from Zürich twice every year and Emirates seems to be the best in all things plus price...

Am I right with such an assumption ???

Ta
Hi, welcome to FT Australia_home!

As far as I know, the last few rows don't add any leg room. If you're flying alone, then the added advantage of a pair of two seats doesn't help.

My first choice for leg space would be emergency exit (aisle and middle) seats. The window ones have the door in front and the curve of the aircraft is not nice if you are tall. Ask for these at check in.

Second would be the bulkhead seats. The aisle is better because you can stretch your legs into the front beside the bulkhead.

I'd always choose aisle over a center seat though. The G seats are great because if you're right handed, you can eat without having to constrain your arm.

Can't comment on ZRH- Oz prices, but doing it on EK probably gets you Silver, so that's a good deal. Etihad only flies to GVA, QR has a limited network to Oz. SQ is an option, but probably more expensive.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:07 am
Suspended

Programs: CharlesPoedyOB
Originally Posted by ung1
Hi, welcome to FT Australia_home!

As far as I know, the last few rows don't add any leg room. If you're flying alone, then the added advantage of a pair of two seats doesn't help.
I think Row 46 has slightly more leg room than 47 and 48. I flew 47K then 46J recently and there did seem to be more space on Row 46, partly because the seats are not well aligned with the row in front. I quite like 46B or 46J when travelling alone as there is good space beside you, once you have taken off.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Electrostar
I think Row 46 has slightly more leg room than 47 and 48. I flew 47K then 46J recently and there did seem to be more space on Row 46, partly because the seats are not well aligned with the row in front. I quite like 46B or 46J when travelling alone as there is good space beside you, once you have taken off.
Doesn't this make it awkward to view the ICE screen?
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:58 am

Just booked on the A380 From Man To Bkk and requested 42A on all legs, in your opinion, What are your prefered seats on the A380 in Economy?
I have been up stairs a few times, But unable to get a good sleep.

Malc
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by malct
Just booked on the A380 From Man To Bkk and requested 42A on all legs, in your opinion, What are your prefered seats on the A380 in Economy?
I have been up stairs a few times, But unable to get a good sleep.

Malc
68/ 81 A/K and 45 DEFG and the emex seats.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:24 pm

What are the 68/ 81 A/K seats ung1? Whoops,just found it on seat guru.

You may have guest, I didn't get away for a July holiday, No deals to be Add
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:28 pm

If you found Seatguru did you also notice there was no Seat 42A? Although I think the numbers do change right at the front on some aircraft.

PS I hope you didn't book for the first week of the A380 ex Man. I hear it's to be delayed by a week.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 9:06 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
I am on a 3-class config flight from DXB to RUH next week (the one that departs at 1.55am)...

Which are the seats in F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.