Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How long to get Skywards Silver card?

Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Hi,

I'll have got over the 25K miles threshold for my Skywards silver card in November.

Do they send you your Silver card immediately, or do they wait until the end of the year?

The reason I ask is that I've got a return trip down to Auckland in early January, and would obviously like to have the Silver card by then.

Thanks,
Rick
Old Sep 15, 2004, 9:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
If you mean last November, its lost in the mail. Ring the nearest office to you (check website) and ask for it. Usually arrives two weeks after qualifying.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

What I meant was that I currently have 21,000 tier miles. In November this year I have got another trip that will add 7000 more miles, so I'll qualify for the Silver tier. I just wanted to make sure that I'd receive my card as soon as I'd qualified, rather than at the end of the year.

You answered my question anyway :-)

Thanks,
Rick
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
Rick

Even without the card, their records will show as Silver and you can use the benefits, booking in at Business gate etc. Unfortunately no lounges at AKL or MEL for you to use unlike DXB.

Regards
Old Sep 17, 2004, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
...and if you access the website and check your account, it will immediately show you whether your status change has been recognised.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by John Cogley
Rick

Even without the card, their records will show as Silver and you can use the benefits, booking in at Business gate etc. Unfortunately no lounges at AKL or MEL for you to use unlike DXB.

Regards
Thanks for that. I've a Priority Pass card for the other lounges :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.