C seats on EK /Upgrade

Old Sep 2, 2004, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
C seats on EK /Upgrade

How is the business class of EK?
Would you buy the miles to upgrade an 6h night flight on a 332 ($625), or is it not worth the money?
Old Sep 2, 2004, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by peter42
Would you buy the miles to upgrade an 6h night flight on a 332 ($625), or is it not worth the money?
No! Not on a night flight.

The seats are not comfortable enough for sleeping (too narrow, recline is not large enough).
The service is minimal, compared to a day flight. For a day flight the seats are o.k., but not the latest standard. The service is much better on a day flight too.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dusordua
No! Not on a night flight.

The seats are not comfortable enough for sleeping (too narrow, recline is not large enough).
The service is minimal, compared to a day flight. For a day flight the seats are o.k., but not the latest standard. The service is much better on a day flight too.
So you would stay in Y then ?
Old Sep 2, 2004, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by peter42
So you would stay in Y then ?
It depends on the fact how much are $625 for you: is this a small, medium or big price increase?
If you feel it is not too much, then go for J.

By the way, Mogensen wrote a thread about an upgrade on a nightflight/A330, which was o.k. for him:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338456
Old Sep 2, 2004, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Peter,

It might be worth adding into your thinking which route this is for. If it's out of DXB, you should remember that you'll also get access to the EK lounge there which is without doubt the best lounge i've ever used (although haven't been into the MAS one at KUL or the Cathay ones at HKG).

Otherwise, the lounges used at the out stations can be a little indifferent...
Old Sep 3, 2004, 3:37 am
Original Poster

It is FRA-DXB.
Old Sep 4, 2004, 9:24 am

So I was on a night flight in business class yesterday from DXB to JNB. It was on a A340-300 (same seats and configuration like on the A330-200).
The flight was nice, I got some good sleep and the service was for the time of the flight (departure 3:40 in the morning) o.k.
Sure much more comfortable than in economy.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Just a follow up - they decided to stay in Y, but looked at C in the 332 and said it would not have been worth the money.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.