- emirates tickets in cairo

Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:15 am
Original Poster

- emirates tickets in cairo

since star alliance has gone bonkers and raised prices ex cairo by a solid 50%, i will end my recent rtw ticket there and for obvious reasons not buy new one .

any recommendeation where in cairo to buy tickets cai-ham(fra) via dbx, be it airline office or ta ?
Old Sep 14, 2004, 1:10 am

buy them on www.emirates.com, and pick them up at their office in Cairo.
tickets froms CAi are still quite a bargain on EK and oneways should be possible as i recall it, at least in business class.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mogensen
buy them on www.emirates.com, and pick them up at their office in Cairo.
tickets froms CAi are still quite a bargain on EK.....

mmhhh, almost 2.000 US$ for c class oneway; not actually my idea of a bargain.
thanks for your input anyway.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 4:19 am

hehe ok...

hmm... sorry maybe i was a bit to fast on that comment... It was just i got a cheap r/t trip to africa from EK/CAI in F for 1200usd, but maybe the routes to europe are more costly...
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:29 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Will pick up my F tickets to SYD for a r/t trip in January at their Heliopolis office at Le Meridien next Sunday (beware that tickets have to be picked up within five days after online booking!) ...
Old Sep 16, 2004, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

- prices ?

Originally Posted by ngfan
Will pick up my F tickets to SYD for a r/t trip in January at their Heliopolis office at Le Meridien next Sunday (beware that tickets have to be picked up within five days after online booking!) ...

can you tell us a about prices for your ticket or in general ?
Old Sep 17, 2004, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I paid US$1700 oneway for a CAI-DXB-SYD ticket. Double miles promo on Skywards, plus double miles for online booking. Ended up with something like 33K miles.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I paid US$1700 oneway for a CAI-DXB-SYD ticket. Double miles promo on Skywards, plus double miles for online booking. Ended up with something like 33K miles.
smashing!
thanks for sharing this info. ^
Old Sep 19, 2004, 6:33 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by sunseeker
can you tell us a about prices for your ticket or in general ?
Just sitting in a cybercafe at the Nile Hilton Mall after returning from Le Meridien Heliopolis EK office with the tickets in my hands. Current rate for that route in F return is 25563 Egyptian Pounds which translates into 3370.- Euro. Not a bad fare for travel in F on the A340-500 incl. free layover hotel in DXB (Le Meridien airport), free transfers and incl. the current online bonuses in the Skywards program compared to the consolidator fares in C ex Germany to SYD (e.g. QF/BA or NG/OS)
Old Sep 21, 2004, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Just sitting in a cybercafe at the Nile Hilton Mall after returning from Le Meridien Heliopolis EK office with the tickets in my hands. Current rate for that route in F return is 25563 Egyptian Pounds which translates into 3370.- Euro. Not a bad fare for travel in F on the A340-500 incl. free layover hotel in DXB (Le Meridien airport), free transfers and incl. the current online bonuses in the Skywards program compared to the consolidator fares in C ex Germany to SYD (e.g. QF/BA or NG/OS)
You do get limo transfer between DXB airport and Le Meridien. The problem is that the flight from CAI arrives at PEAK times. Even with the Fast Track, it will take you at least 30-40 minutes to clear immigration and as everyone is also going to the transit hotel, there is a long wait for the cars...

The funny thing is that the hotel is literally walking distance from the hotel. Try and see if you can get a van transfer instead of the limo transfer. I opted for that on the return as I was early, and didn't want to have to wait for the limo transfer.

The hotel is BASIC. EK does have it's own check in counter though.

ENJOY your EK flight.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 4:00 pm

Why bother with CAI when LGW can be used?

Why bother with CAI when you can get tix ex-LGW for $3,548.50 when travelling together on LGW-BNE/MEL-LGW route in F and $2,788.00 when in C? For a single person the fare is $3,745.27 in C and $5,072.54 when in F. My source is www.flynow.com .

FWIW, C fare ex-Germany to SYD and back is $3,770.26 including tax on QF. Source: www.ebookers.de .
Old Sep 23, 2004, 4:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Spider
FWIW, C fare ex-Germany to SYD and back is $3,770.26 including tax on QF. Source: www.ebookers.de .
MUC-SYD vv in C is 2888 EUR+tax on EK Farecode: JE1M1DE2
Old Sep 23, 2004, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
MUC-SYD vv in C is 2888 EUR+tax on EK Farecode: JE1M1DE2
Well done! ^ Which booking engine did you use as I am still getting QF as cheapest using ebookers?

OT, from what I have read, EK is somewhat lacking in comfort in J compared to QF especially when routed through LHR and Skybed.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 1:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Travelclub.de and vornesitzen.de are the best sites for semi-public C&F offers ex-Germany

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.