Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Service Reduction

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
JFK Service Reduction

Just got a call from Emirates that EK207/8 A380 service to JFK has been cancelled starting 22 Oct and they have rebooked me on EK202.

Not too surprising as there was excess capacity to NYC with 4 A380s to JFK and the EWR service coming in. Even J wasn't full (more like half empty) in my flight to/ from JFK last week.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada
Just got a call from Emirates that EK207/8 A380 service to JFK has been cancelled starting 22 Oct and they have rebooked me on EK202.

Not too surprising as there was excess capacity to NYC with 4 A380s to JFK and the EWR service coming in. Even J wasn't full (more like half empty) in my flight to/ from JFK last week.
At least you received a phone call. I was booked on EK208 for a flight in November and only found out about the cancellation when I received an email concerning a change in my return connecting flight and then went on-line and saw that I was switched to the later EK202 flight. Since I wanted to arrive in Dubai earlier that day, I tried to have my flight switched to EK204 but was informed that there was no availability in F since I was traveling on miles. I then got my TA involved and was able to switch my flight to the EK208 leaving the prior evening even though I was originally informed that flight was also unavailable using miles.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: Emirates, Amex Plat, UA/DL, Hilton/SPG
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Not too surprising as there was excess capacity to NYC with 4 A380s to JFK and the EWR service coming in.
A380 service coming to EWR?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Dieselmania
A380 service coming to EWR?
No, Just an EK flight in general
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond Medallion, Emirates Skywards Gold, Marriott Platinum
I really liked the convenience of EK207. Get in at 9PM and am usually in bed by 10:30PM.. Sleep my jet lag off and fresh next day to go back to work. I flew twice on EK207 and J was at least 90% full both times. It was very difficult to get a K or A seat in rows before 18. I'd say I'll miss the late night arrival into JFK when there's no line at immigration, no line at baggage claim and no traffic on I-678... sigh!

No way in hell would I fly out of EWR.. It's what it actually is, "The Newark of all airports!"
(Quote: Jeff Ross?? or some stand-up comedian)
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GlassMan36
...no traffic on I-678... sigh!
That was indeed the best part!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by GlassMan36
No way in hell would I fly out of EWR.. It's what it actually is, "The Newark of all airports!"
(Quote: Jeff Ross?? or some stand-up comedian)
I find EWR much more pleasant (as far a US airports go) than JFK. If only for the lack of taxi time (plane taxiing I mean, which can be an hour at JFK). Easy to get to Penn station, and generally quicker by taxi IME.

I'm a bit biased as I was working in NJ a lot, so that made it a no brainer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.