Community
Wiki Posts
Search

77Ws with WiFi

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:21 am
Original Poster

77Ws with WiFi

Seeing that the Chauffeur Thread was a huge success thank to everyone who contributed, I had another list which I forgot about, it was last updated in January 2015 and I'm sure there have been plenty of new 77Ws that joined the fleet since then.

Here's a copy of it:
Google Docs Link

It obviously needs to be updated, so if you've found something wrong in the list, or you've come across a 77W that has WiFi and isn't in this list, drop me a PM or post here about which ones have it or don't have it.

All replies will be appreciated.

Cheers,
murtaza12

Last edited by murtaza12; Jun 16, 2017 at 11:50 am
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by murtaza12
Seeing that the Chauffeur Thread was a huge success thank to everyone who contributed, I had another list which I forgot about, it was last updated in January 2015 and I'm sure there have been plenty of new 77Ws that joined the fleet since then.

Here's a copy of it:
Google Docs Link

It obviously needs to be updated, so if you've found something wrong in the list, or you've come across a 77W that has WiFi and isn't in this list, drop me a PM or post here about which ones have it or don't have it.

All replies will be appreciated.

Cheers,
murtaza12
There is already a comprehensive fleet guide on here which also lists which aircraft have WiFi, I've found it to be accurate (more accurate than the gate agent yesterday, too).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1381860-emirates-fleet-guide.html

Perhaps you could use your list to confirm and update on the fleet guide
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
There is already a comprehensive fleet guide on here which also lists which aircraft have WiFi, I've found it to be accurate (more accurate than the gate agent yesterday, too).

The Emirates Fleet Guide

Perhaps you could use your list to confirm and update on the fleet guide
Thanks, I updated the list. Most of them have WiFi, but there's no updates on the A6-EPE and onwards aircraft.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:32 pm

Thanks, I updated the list. Most of them have WiFi, but there's no updates on the A6-EPE and onwards aircraft.
Just flew EPA and no WiFi, as per list, despite the gate agent telling me there would be. Now I know who to trust. Latest ICE, though, which was nice. I use that fleet guide all the time to look up frames and WiFi availability.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Question : what good is such a list ?
You cannot choose a flight depending on the frame, because you don't know which ship you'll get.

Just got off a A380. OnAir was a disaster, 6 minutes to update my mails on my phones, just to tell me that there is no new message ...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ioto1902
You cannot choose a flight depending on the frame, because you don't know which ship you'll get.
Yeah you're right, but it's sort of helpful to know before you board whether or not it'll have WiFi or not. And if you fly from anywhere that isn't DXB, you can always check the inbound flight in advance to know what the registration will be.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Just flew EPA and no WiFi, as per list, despite the gate agent telling me there would be. Now I know who to trust. Latest ICE, though, which was nice. I use that fleet guide all the time to look up frames and WiFi availability.
I believe the crew has control on whether or not it is turned on?

The last 77Ws I flew on were A6-EBX and ENM, the former had WiFi, and the latter didn't, although the thread mentions that ENM does have it, so I'm assuming they disable it for some flights.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:33 am

I believe the crew has control on whether or not it is turned on?

The last 77Ws I flew on were A6-EBX and ENM, the former had WiFi, and the latter didn't, although the thread mentions that ENM does have it, so I'm assuming they disable it for some flights.
The thread and the crew onboard said that there wasn't WiFi, and as a newer 777 that also makes sense as they tend to not have WiFi.

​​​​
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902

Just got off a A380. OnAir was a disaster, 6 minutes to update my mails on my phones, just to tell me that there is no new message ...
Because I don't take the day off when I travel because I'm self employed and work anywhere I've got internet. I generally plan to work on flights but use these lists to see if I'll be able to, and where not then can quickly inform my employees before disappearing into a black hole for 7 hours like happened on Thursday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.