Business fare dus-Cmb

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Business fare dus-Cmb

In january I booked a ticket

Dus-Cmb in Y
Cmb-dus in J

Now I try to change my economy outbound journey (2 days earlier) and I have to pay an additional 380 euro's besides the 150 euro change fee, Because ticket fares have changed.

My original ticket was 1260e, the Same ticket is 1615 now.
(Compare: RT J fare would be 2500e)

Does Anyone know what is a regular RT J fare dus-Cmb?
I am in doubt about rebooking know or waiting till the price drops further...
Skywardhunter?

Does
Old May 22, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
You don't mention the dates of travel, obviously the more time until the flight the more flexibility you have with regards to waiting.

I don't know the regular fares for that route, but EUR2500 sounds about right for some form of Saver/Flex combo, possibly even all Flex?

There's a good chance you originally booked a Y Saver on the outbound and now only Y Flex is available (or booked Y Flex and only Flex Plus available). However it could also be an increase in the carrier-imposed surcharge or base fare, though I think the former (Saver > Flex) is more likely. In this case you have three options:

1. Wait it out and hope saver becomes available for 2 days earlier.
2. Try to find another suitable date with Saver available (3 days earlier? 4 days earlier?)
3. Bite the bullet, but call in to EK and ask them if they can waive the change fee since you're going to a higher fare type (not technically something they have to do or state they do but I've had success with this in the past and others have mentioned that they have, too). If you call you may also be able to get ideas form the agent on other options that could cost less (if you get a helpful agent, a good percentage of them are). Here it may also be worth looking at other flight timings as there may be availability in a lower fare type there.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You don't mention the dates of travel, obviously the more time until the flight the more flexibility you have with regards to waiting.

I don't know the regular fares for that route, but EUR2500 sounds about right for some form of Saver/Flex combo, possibly even all Flex?

There's a good chance you originally booked a Y Saver on the outbound and now only Y Flex is available (or booked Y Flex and only Flex Plus available). However it could also be an increase in the carrier-imposed surcharge or base fare, though I think the former (Saver > Flex) is more likely. In this case you have three options:

1. Wait it out and hope saver becomes available for 2 days earlier.
2. Try to find another suitable date with Saver available (3 days earlier? 4 days earlier?)
3. Bite the bullet, but call in to EK and ask them if they can waive the change fee since you're going to a higher fare type (not technically something they have to do or state they do but I've had success with this in the past and others have mentioned that they have, too). If you call you may also be able to get ideas form the agent on other options that could cost less (if you get a helpful agent, a good percentage of them are). Here it may also be worth looking at other flight timings as there may be availability in a lower fare type there.
Its both on saver tickets, but saver fares are 300e more expensive the in january. It would be Hoping on a cheaper business saver/special on the return leg...
Old May 22, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by JasperW
Its both on saver tickets, but saver fares are 300e more expensive the in january. It would be Hoping on a cheaper business saver/special on the return leg...
Unfortunately then you're left with two options:

- Eat the difference and pay now
- Hold out hoping for an imrpovement in fares with the equal risk of them going up further.

PS: Saltire74 will be along shortly to advise you to check the cost of buying up to J for the outbound as it may be not much more than the change fee + fare difference for your change of date, this is also something you should look at. M3red will also be along to lament the fact that fares have been going up steadily and savers are in short demand and you're lucky to have options and not be living in DXB like he is

If it helps, the EK call centers are actually quite good as far as airlines go and there's usually little to no wait and they're very friendly and somewhat intelligent (i.e. understand what you are asking) as opposed to some other airlines (and businesses in general, my current annoyance being banks)...anyway, so give them a call and see what options they can offer you.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster

So I am thinking about taking the upgrade. This will cost me 1100 instead of 550, but means 2 flights in J.

I am thinking of doing a 10hour stopover in Dubai. arriving friday night late, departing in the morning 10.10h.
Do you think i will be able to take complimentary chauffeur service from and to the airport? Or doesn't that work with such a short stopover?
Old May 23, 2017, 7:45 am

So I am thinking about taking the upgrade. This will cost me 1100 instead of 550, but means 2 flights in J.

I am thinking of doing a 10hour stopover in Dubai. arriving friday night late, departing in the morning 10.10h.
Do you think i will be able to take complimentary chauffeur service from and to the airport? Or doesn't that work with such a short stopover?
From the airport yes, just show up at the CD desk with your boarding pass, I believe this works (others can confirm), however not back to the airport. CD is not available for transits generally, only for stopovers, under 24h is a transit.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:52 am
Original Poster

That sounds fare

So, if my flight is at 10.10. What time should I be at the airport? I'd like to have a nice breakfast in Dubai before my flight
Old May 23, 2017, 8:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

That sounds fare

So, if my flight is at 10.10. What time should I be at the airport? I'd like to have a nice breakfast in Dubai before my flight
I'd aim to be at the airport for about 8am. Earlier if you want breakfast at the airport
Old May 23, 2017, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Will do! Any ideas on a nice place to have breakfast in dubai at around 6am?

WIll be staying in a hotel in Jumeriah towers
Old May 23, 2017, 8:53 am

Will do! Any ideas on a nice place to have breakfast in dubai at around 6am?

WIll be staying in a hotel in Jumeriah towers
Most places would likely be closed at that time.
Old May 25, 2017, 6:30 am
Original Poster

So, interesting development.

I called them to upgrade and change dates. Halfway through the rebooking/payment procedure the line disconnected.

Now when I look at my booking, it already shows business class on the new dates, although I havent paid yet.

What are your thoughts? Take the chance or call them to show them the mistake (although the question is if the actual tickets are really issued...)
Old May 25, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Most likely they will call you back and get your payment details. If you think EK is going to upgrade your ticket for free........there's no such thing as a free lunch!
Old May 25, 2017, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Hahaha. I figured...

Have already called them and fixed it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.