Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Falsely accused off using cocaine during transit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Falsely accused off using cocaine during transit.

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Prejudices in place on the ground are not entirely absent on the flights too.

"I have no doubt that some confrontations in the passenger cabin involve perceived sex, age, ethnicity and/or size as factors in how and when complaining crew or complaining passengers go about behaving against some other passengers in the cabin..... It is ostrich-like behavior to bury the head in the sand as if prejudices in play on the ground are entirely absent on planes in flight too."

If this woman were a high-ranked male relative of an Emirati or other GCC big whig, would this incident have gone on like it did? Unlikely.
I don't disagree with you generally about how appearances and connections can affect how interactions with Emirati authorities go, but my point was more that, the behaviour the pax was reportedly showing in the media is standard stuff - worse behaviour by all types of pax doesn't get met on arrival by police, even when it technically could be (e.g. drunk and disorderly on the plane, VVIPs carrying out borderline sexual assault, drug use in the lavatories).

In my experience, staff don't ever want to get Dubai police involved unless they absolutely, absolutely have to because of all the headaches that causes, which means that something has been left out of this story.

Since the pax in question doesn't seem to have Emirati connections as police met her on arrival, to me that is either:

- Emirati national with connections strongly demanded police presence to deal with the pax on arrival
- pax went beyond drunk and disorderly and did something that made the crew think police on arrival was warranted, even knowing the hassle that would cause them in paperwork and just dealing with Dubai police
Old May 25, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I don't disagree with you generally about how appearances and connections can affect how interactions with Emirati authorities go, but my point was more that, the behaviour the pax was reportedly showing in the media is standard stuff - worse behaviour by all types of pax doesn't get met on arrival by police, even when it technically could be (e.g. drunk and disorderly on the plane, VVIPs carrying out borderline sexual assault, drug use in the lavatories).

In my experience, staff don't ever want to get Dubai police involved unless they absolutely, absolutely have to because of all the headaches that causes, which means that something has been left out of this story.

Since the pax in question doesn't seem to have Emirati connections as police met her on arrival, to me that is either:

- Emirati national with connections strongly demanded police presence to deal with the pax on arrival
- pax went beyond drunk and disorderly and did something that made the crew think police on arrival was warranted, even knowing the hassle that would cause them in paperwork and just dealing with Dubai police
I agree mate.

There is no smoke with it fire as they say...

She was clearly doing something to make people report her. It would have been a massive pain on the admin side for the crew and trust me they don't file stuff unless they really have to.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kb9522
FTFY

That wouldnt fix anything in my post, as I purposefully put the word in that I did because of how things tend to turn out there.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by kb9522
I check 4 out of 5 of these boxes and I've never once been accused of transporting anything on any flight. Nor do I see any reason why any of these situations would generate suspicion.

The article is incomplete... how are we to draw any conclusions without knowing the results of the blood test?
I also qualify for a few checks here. I have also been given special screening a few times in my lone travels worldwide. I don't raise a stink about profiling as it is just what it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.