Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Business Saver

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Emirates Business Saver

Hi, was wondering if anyone can help?

My daughter and I are hoping to book Emirates Manchester - Bangkok and then Singapore - Manchester all flying business class for the first time (only ever flown economy before so this would be a huge treat for us). The flights that are coming up are shown as Business Saver and we were wondering if anyone might know if saver flights still include the chauffeur pick up and business lounges etc.

Any advice would be brilliant as we want to make sure we get it right before getting our the credit card and pressing any buttons.

Thank you
Old May 21, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by d1191
Hi, was wondering if anyone can help?

My daughter and I are hoping to book Emirates Manchester - Bangkok and then Singapore - Manchester all flying business class for the first time (only ever flown economy before so this would be a huge treat for us). The flights that are coming up are shown as Business Saver and we were wondering if anyone might know if saver flights still include the chauffeur pick up and business lounges etc.

Any advice would be brilliant as we want to make sure we get it right before getting our the credit card and pressing any buttons.

Thank you
Yes they do and the confirmation page on the Emirates website after selecting the flights will also indicate this.
Old May 21, 2017, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, that`s great to know.

Just got to make the decision now, difference between economy and business is Ł2448 but it is a long way!! its pretty scary...but have been reading loads on here and think it is something we have to do, even if its only the once.
Old May 21, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Think of it this way - you'll save taxi to/from airport both ends/ food at airports the whole way and arrive much fresher than in economy - so the extra money becomes much more worthwhile!! Enjoy!
Old May 21, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
And a cool amenity bag
Old May 21, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: Emirates
Where is Business Saver on Emirates, all I'm seeing is Economy, Business, First
Old May 21, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by fireflytraveller
Where is Business Saver on Emirates, all I'm seeing is Economy, Business, First
Emirates has three cabins:
  • Economy
  • Business
  • First

Within each cabin there exist fare types:
  • Special (Usually only found in Economy AFAIK)
  • Saver
  • Flex
  • Flex Plus

Each of the above have different terms and conditions, like cancellation fee, change fee, etc.

There is no difference in service once the journey begins though, i.e. all fare types get food and drink in Y, all fare types have access to the lounge if in J or F, all fare types include checked luggage (for now).
Old May 21, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: Emirates
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Emirates has three cabins:
  • Economy
  • Business
  • First
Within each cabin there exist fare types:
  • Special (Usually only found in Economy AFAIK)
  • Saver
  • Flex
  • Flex Plus
Each of the above have different terms and conditions, like cancellation fee, change fee, etc.

There is no difference in service once the journey begins though, i.e. all fare types get food and drink in Y, all fare types have access to the lounge if in J or F, all fare types include checked luggage (for now).

Thank you skywardhunter, you're clearly much more experienced at this than myself.

I've just noticed Business Saver whilst doing a dummy run
Old May 21, 2017, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all so much, your advice is really appreciated. We are going for it...think we will have a problem packing 40kg each though!! lol
Old May 21, 2017, 9:58 pm

Thank you, that`s great to know.

Just got to make the decision now, difference between economy and business is Ł2448 but it is a long way!! its pretty scary...but have been reading loads on here and think it is something we have to do, even if its only the once.
Break that amount up into each sector and it's Ł300 each to upgrade to biz. Worth it given the length of the trip and the car which is Great when you arrive in Bangkok.

Enjoy!
Old May 22, 2017, 2:55 am

Me and teenage daughter have done this a few times, we love it, we also fly out of Manchester and the Man - DXB flight is lively no matter what time of day whereas the DXB-BKK is somewhat more subdued. As has been said break it down per leg and it's a bit easier to "justify"! Yes it's a lot of money but the lounge at MAN is lovely and quiet and then the lounge on transit in DXB is quite nice so altogether a completely different flying experience.

When travelling biz our holiday starts when we get in the car and we think of the flight etc as part of the holiday and when flying economy the holiday starts when we arrive at our destination.

Ask any more questions here if you want and I'll try help xx
Old May 22, 2017, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Wow, thank you so much. Think we need to get it sorted when my daughter comes in from work as suppose the prices can only increase the longer we leave it. I like the idea of break it down into each sector M3red and Jodieh12.

For the past few years we have traveled US with United and just the thought of getting on a plane and someone reclining into my lap as they did last year is a scary thought with 4 long flights.

We can choose to have a 2+hour or 3+hour change at Dubai on the way out, is it worth the longer one to experience the Business Lounge? might be the only time we get to do this, we are thinking of the 2pm flight from Manchester. We are also undecided whether to spend a day in Dubai!! travelling in August and maybe not the best time to be rushing about. We do want to see it but we don`t if that makes sense? (we are having a week in Bangkok and week in Singapore).

All the 4 flights seem to be on 380`s, if the flights were not full would Emirates put on smaller planes or do they just fly what you book? Would be gutted if they did swap, but need to be prepared just in case.

Thanks again, your advice and help is really appreciated.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

We can choose to have a 2+hour or 3+hour change at Dubai on the way out, is it worth the longer one to experience the Business Lounge? might be the only time we get to do this, we are thinking of the 2pm flight from Manchester. We are also undecided whether to spend a day in Dubai!! travelling in August and maybe not the best time to be rushing about. We do want to see it but we don`t if that makes sense? (we are having a week in Bangkok and week in Singapore).
I always break the flights for an overnight stop. Get the early flight from MAN which arrives at about 8pm Dubai time (when the airport is a lot quieter). Stay at a hotel near the airport and have a meal / drinks - and then head off to your destination the following day feeling refreshed.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:27 am

Wow, thank you so much. Think we need to get it sorted when my daughter comes in from work as suppose the prices can only increase the longer we leave it. I like the idea of break it down into each sector M3red and Jodieh12.

For the past few years we have traveled US with United and just the thought of getting on a plane and someone reclining into my lap as they did last year is a scary thought with 4 long flights.

All the 4 flights seem to be on 380`s, if the flights were not full would Emirates put on smaller planes or do they just fly what you book? Would be gutted if they did swap, but need to be prepared just in case.

I'd go for the 3h layover, just takes the rush out of it.

What smaller planes? The only other plane Emirates has is the 777 (mostly 77W and a handful of 773s), which is still a bigger plane than the biggest plane in many respectable airlines. However on these routes very, very unlikely that there'd be a downgauge, as these are quite busy routes. BKK may be a 2-class frame (no First cabin), depending which flight you're on.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:28 am

Do not spend the day in Dubai in August. I live here - unless you want to spend a day in the mall I'd go to Bkk or SIN asap.

3 hours is a good time as by the time you get in you'll likely only have an hour in the lounge, with a 2 hour layover you may be running to catch the next flight. Ek18 is the most fun flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.